Thread: We want it now and they can't keep us happy

Default We want it now and they can't keep us happy

Big fat meh.

First of I don't think that they are under any specific mandate to produce as many coins as there is demand for them.

Second, to me the US mint is just another producer of silver bullion. I could not care any more or any less if the news was that Highland Mint was the one having the same issues. I would just shop elsewhere.

The U.S. mint has it's own mandate, I do not think it is about serving the people any longer, and they will lie as they please to keep whatever that mandate is going on.

They most certainly can produce more bullion coins if they desired -- lots of refiners out there to help out, and they have plenty of silver. If other national mints can do it, so can the U.S.

The U.S. mint, under the Department of the Treasury, primary mission was to produce coins for use and circulation by the general public. For many years, this is what they were trusted to do, and did. Thus the use of coins by the general public for hundreds of years. Had they produced fractional pennies 100 years ago, I do not think the coins would have received much if any use in monetary exchange. They would be considered a waste of space as coins are today. Today's dollar is like the penny of old. If they wanted coins to be commonly used, they would so adjust. The Sacagawagea Dollar is like the old large cent, in both value and composition. There is no reason every denomination of paper money can not be issued as a coin. The mint no longer thinks of practical use of their coins in circulation. Now they are just part of a scheme to bring an end of coins to an end, and make some extra on bullion. In essence, they are crooks, frauds, buffoons and incompetents, or mostly just simple people not wanting to rock the boat to keep their job. Just like their leaders. We have left Kansas long ago, now the enemy is spinning all around us, and have become so common, we no longer dare to call them out to be what they are.

I would love to have a mint official answer my charges. However, they will have any easy answer when they see what I say is happening: blame their boss, and ultimately that is the U.S. President.
    “Of all the contrivances for cheating the laboring class of mankind, none has been more effective than that which deludes them with paper money.”Daniel Webster (1782-1852)

I don't want Eagles, I also thought pre-33 gold was a better than moderns. I sold all my eagle proofs early last year, they were nice, most were graded, but still have the 2006 set, it was the first thing I ever bought. Later I would just buy 100 oz. lots, and large half dollar liberty lots, but only when silver was less than 20. Eventually you have enough of it and turn to gold.

Quote Originally Posted by everything1 View Post
    I don't want Eagles, I also thought pre-33 gold was a better than moderns. I sold all my eagle proofs early last year, they were nice, most were graded, but still have the 2006 set, it was the first thing I ever bought. Later I would just buy 100 oz. lots, and large half dollar liberty lots, but only when silver was less than 20. Eventually you have enough of it and turn to gold.
    I still think silver is the buy
    "Compulsory altruism is none too altruistic." - me

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon