Thread: Will silver ever go up?

Yes.... when you sell it.

So put it out of mind and dont sell.

Weak hands always lose.
    Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason. -Mark Twain

The purpose of life is to matter, to be productive, to have it make some difference that you lived at all. -Leo Rosten

I'm doing something with my silver and not waiting for "the bottom". I'm off to a coin show this weekend to do some trading of all of my ASE's plus perhaps $80 to $150 face junk silver all to get cash to be used to buy generic gold or silver bars/rounds. I'm doing this to take advantage of the crazy premiums being paid for this stuff and will be loading up extra ounces of unloved generic PM bought with the extra cash generated by selling high and buying low due to a discounted generic premium compared to what's in demand. IMHO, silver is silver and gold is gold when you believe in bullion and aren't fooled into thinking ASE's minted in the millions are numismatics. Plus if junk silver is now going for 18-19 times face, I'm a seller of that too. Others may disagree, but I'm looking for extra ounces.
    American Legion Preamble: https://www.legion.org/preamble

I think that is a good move LongDon.

The difference in the sell transaction date and your new buy transaction date should be short, that way if silver rose after selling it, before the new buy, then it could possibly start getting away from you.

You're experienced and bet you've thought of that already but worth repeating.
    ...be your own Health Care System... grow your own and eat well

Quote Originally Posted by LongDonSilver View Post
    I'm doing something with my silver and not waiting for "the bottom". I'm off to a coin show this weekend to do some trading of all of my ASE's plus perhaps $80 to $150 face junk silver all to get cash to be used to buy generic gold or silver bars/rounds. I'm doing this to take advantage of the crazy premiums being paid for this stuff and will be loading up extra ounces of unloved generic PM bought with the extra cash generated by selling high and buying low due to a discounted generic premium compared to what's in demand. IMHO, silver is silver and gold is gold when you believe in bullion and aren't fooled into thinking ASE's minted in the millions are numismatics. Plus if junk silver is now going for 18-19 times face, I'm a seller of that too. Others may disagree, but I'm looking for extra ounces.
    In my area, the dealers are charging high premiums, but not paying much above spot for things like Eagles. If things are different in your area, I would be interested to know that.

I share your philosophy about silver being silver & low premiums being a reason to buy. I now see silver Eagles selling for like $15 over spot. I would gladly sell mine at $10 over spot to buy generic rounds at my historic levels of spot + $0.50 or even spot +$2. Unfortunately, these days I see asking prices that are closer to spot + $6 for common rounds and I am only offered spot + $2 for Eagles. Opportunity is not in my neighborhood right now. Therefore, I hold & I watch at this time. I do feel like I should move soon.
    Last edited by SilverPalm; 09-09-2022 at 07:46 PM.
    “The Federal Reserve is not currently forecasting a recession.”
    Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke, January 2008
    This is no longer posted in the Fed Minutes of January 2008, but still quoted here - https://www.nbcnews.com/id/wbna22592939. The FOMC minutes still quote MR. Reifschneider. as stating the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by digbird View Post
    I think that is a good move LongDon.

The difference in the sell transaction date and your new buy transaction date should be short, that way if silver rose after selling it, before the new buy, then it could possibly start getting away from you.

You're experienced and bet you've thought of that already but worth repeating.
    all done on the same day at the same place.
    American Legion Preamble: https://www.legion.org/preamble

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2022-...le-comex-whale

I saw this headline about silver sharks circling the Comex whale & opened the link with glee, thinking that perhaps my stacking of silver may be getting ready to pay off. But then I saw who was reporting & my smile turned upside down. This guy's track record for successful predictions is on par with certain weather forecasts that I have relied on in the past.

That aside, I do see what looks like a consolidation pattern in the charts 6-months or less & silver did just reach up to the 14 day moving average, so there are legitimate reasons to be watching for an upside possibility right now.
    Last edited by SilverPalm; 09-09-2022 at 07:48 PM.
    “The Federal Reserve is not currently forecasting a recession.”
    Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke, January 2008
    This is no longer posted in the Fed Minutes of January 2008, but still quoted here - https://www.nbcnews.com/id/wbna22592939. The FOMC minutes still quote MR. Reifschneider. as stating the same thing.