Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Premiums

You’re missing my point. Grab an eagle, walk 5 houses up your street and ask your neighbor if they know what it is. It’s only recognizable by those in this game. Silver is silver and gold is gold. Buying the cheapest possible will ensure a bigger stack and a bigger return. Anyone involved in precious metals will know silver or gold whether it’s premium or generic. Those not involved in precious metals won’t recognize either. I see your point, but I can buy 1.5 ounces of generic right now for the price of an eagle….and my lcs can discern that both are .999 fine if I need to sell them back to him for money, thus negating your argument that everybody knows what an eagle is but nobody knows what generic silver is. In the end it’s up to you to decide what you buy and hold. I’m sticking with generic.

everybody knows what an eagle is but nobody knows what generic silver is
    Never said that. Not too bright on these threads today are we?

Eagles are the most popular gov round, period.
    Care to guess which are the most popular generic? We have not even mentioned bars yet. I guess some people are just, slow.

Buying the cheapest possible will ensure a bigger stack and a bigger return.
    Your comment is a bit, dense. Care to elaborate ?

Maybe a better experiment would be to offer a generic or an eagle to anyone "in the game" and see which one they grab first.
    Last edited by and4rik; 11-02-2022 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by and4rik View Post
    Never said that. Not too bright on these threads today are we?

Eagles are the most popular gov round, period.
    Care to guess which are the most popular generic? We have not even mentioned bars yet. I guess some people are just, slow.

Your comment is a bit, dense. Care to elaborate ?

Maybe a better experiment would be to offer a generic or an eagle to anyone "in the game" and see which one they grab first.
    Perhaps you will remember the guy standing on the street corner offering a 10 ounce silver bar or a Hersey chocolate bar to people and just about all that took one or the other took the chocolate. So IMHO offering an Eagle would result in the same result. Most people can't tell you what silver looks like and they have no idea of it's value. You will need to deal with a LCS or a stacker when you sell. Everyone else will think you're trying to screw them somehow.
    American Legion Preamble: https://www.legion.org/preamble

While you’re busy calling me dense you’re only seeing your view point, not any others. Stack what you like and enjoy your high premiums. I’m very bright on these threads today but when you aren’t willing to think outside your own thoughts then I can certainly see how you’d think that. Good day, sir.

Just go away. Sheesh!

Default Premiums, round ii

guy standing on the street corner offering a 10 ounce silver bar or a Hersey chocolate bar
    To be fair to my argument, once again I have been misquoted. My proposed experiment was a generic 1 oz round/bar vs. 1 oz silver eagle . Which would you choose?
    Last edited by and4rik; 11-02-2022 at 08:38 PM.

To be fair to my argument, once again I have been misquoted. My proposed experiment was a generic 1 oz round/bar vs. 1 oz silver eagle . Which would you choose?
    depending on what premium you're asking for each.

C'mon man, really? Was there a premium on the chocolate bar that I missed?

No premium, both are free as part of the experiment. Which would you choose?
    Last edited by and4rik; 11-02-2022 at 10:07 PM.

C'mon man, really? Was there a premium on the chocolate bar that I missed?

No premium, both are free as part of the experiment. Which would you choose?
    i was referring to 1 oz generic vs ASE, how did a chocolate enter the picture?

We have a winner.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast