Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: When does silver start hedging against inflation?

Agree with some of what you say DBCooper (regarding charts. Agree 100% regarding the occasional superstar that appears on the boards).

Having said that I do find value in some charts - but I keep it really simple. Just observe some simple patterns that have had some history of working out one way or another. I never draw lines.

I think the Elliot wave folks are interesting because of the contortions and alternate "wave structure" interpretations. They are nice folks I'm sure and I bet I could be considered a bit delusional as well

I'm glad ruthenium brings his work here and hope he does not take this post badly. I read many of his posts and sometimes ask a question of him which he always answers.

Quote Originally Posted by ynot2k View Post
    Agree with some of what you say DBCooper (regarding charts. Agree 100% regarding the occasional superstar that appears on the boards).

Having said that I do find value in some charts - but I keep it really simple. Just observe some simple patterns that have had some history of working out one way or another. I never draw lines.

I think the Elliot wave folks are interesting because of the contortions and alternate "wave structure" interpretations. They are nice folks I'm sure and I bet I could be considered a bit delusional as well

I'm glad ruthenium brings his work here and hope he does not take this post badly. I read many of his posts and sometimes ask a question of him which he always answers.
    Charts are useful since lots of people follow them. Therefore you can guess what the "market" thinks is going to happen. But going all in because charts are showing some line is crossing some other line is begging for pain. You also need to use your eyes, ears and senses thinking about what else is happening in the world. Best method is still buy low, sell high.
    Do your own due diligence

I stand united with my friends & family in Canada who seek freedom.

I update my charts daily. They help me visualize price trends for many things. They talk me OUT of doing things. MACD and OBV are basic indicators I use they are facts. Regressions of price data are not opinion, they are fact.
    I use events to revise my sentiment. The sentiment must be driven by factual event.
    I use metals prices and other commodities to value my stocks with correlations. Those correlations keep me from paying too much or selling too cheap, they are facts. There are definite economic relationships between those things and a mining companies operational profit line.

Just as there are return driven price trends in metals due to demand and investment alternatives.

Charts are just tools to visualize data, and see when a trend is changing. If the news is consistent....never argue with the data.

You buy the breaks down after they reverse and sell the weakness of strength.
    Last edited by ruthenium; 10-11-2022 at 02:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ynot2k View Post
    Good one!

Unfortunately on some level (perhaps a bit higher up the household expense chain) there is probably some truth in it.
    I actually considered selling a bit....but woke up in a cold sweat.
    Thomas Jefferson is credited with writing, “When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.” The seceding states in the Civil War period issued a similar declaration using the word “tyranny” as opposed to “injustice.”

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456