Thread: Trading Real Estate

Default Trading Real Estate

A chess player wrote an algorithm to clean up mispricing of real estate across the US, for flipping.

I'm not a TYT fan but the this topic worth noting.

Quote Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
    A chess player wrote an algorithm to clean up mispricing of real estate across the US, for flipping.

I'm not a TYT fan but the this topic worth noting.

This is like scalping to me. That was outlawed too.

Buying up all the tickets when they go on sale and then selling them for 10x cost...I dont know how you could ban software...thats a bit tricky.

As an ordinary home buyer, im really annoyed at houses getting flipped all over Florida...houses that should be bought by people to live in, are snapped up by these bloodsuckers.
    Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason. -Mark Twain

The purpose of life is to matter, to be productive, to have it make some difference that you lived at all. -Leo Rosten

Quote Originally Posted by Miteysquirrel View Post
    This is like scalping to me. That was outlawed too.

Buying up all the tickets when they go on sale and then selling them for 10x cost...I dont know how you could ban software...thats a bit tricky.

As an ordinary home buyer, im really annoyed at houses getting flipped all over Florida...houses that should be bought by people to live in, are snapped up by these bloodsuckers.
    i agree. Regular joe versus bankers who can borrow close to 0% rate and unethical real estate agents, regular joe will always pays more for the leftovers

To regulate, it's not easy either as algo stock trading is allowed to arbitrage small difference between exchanges, bid and ask lots, and other loopholes (like naking shorting and raiding the stop losses)

For start i think residential homes should be off limit to algo trading. and there should be a minimum ownership period before the profit get taxed at capital gain rate instead of regular income tax rate

Welcome my son, welcome to the machine
    What did you dream?
    It's alright we told you what to dream
    1835 Andrew Jackson had US debt at ZERO $0
    175 YEARS later .......
    2008 Owebama started at $10 TRILLION, left 2016 at $20 TRILLION
    So from 2008 - 2021 (13 years) added $20 TRILLION

https://youtu.be/1kuTG19Cu_Q