Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: How low can silver go?

Quote Originally Posted by windweaver77 View Post
    I just grabbed 88 ounces for 16.80 per troy ounce . I'll he making a video about it.

It could be a steal or a rip off. It was in coin weight not asw. But are worst I got it for about $26 an ounce but my estimation.
    the first price would have been awesome at todays prices, the latter price is still in the ballpark even if in the outfield. still under $30 if you believe AG will eventually soar.

Quote Originally Posted by maxwellsilverhammer View Post
    the first price would have been awesome at todays prices, the latter price is still in the ballpark even if in the outfield. still under $30 if you believe AG will eventually soar.
    I could be way off and the whole lot is 10% Morales pesos haha. The photo was mostly 80%. We'll find out when it arrives.
    "Compulsory altruism is none too altruistic." - me

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

Quote Originally Posted by maxwellsilverhammer View Post
    if you want physical silver today the premiums are high to make up for the too low POS. If you want physical today you either pay spot plus a bunch or sit on the sidelines. i looked for silver today and the best locally i could do was 19 x face on about $30 in junk quarters. i hated paying that much but it is what it is.
    I haven't bought silver in quite some time, the premiums are just too high. Recently I've been buying gold instead with the premiums in the 3 to 4% range above spot, which I consider reasonable.
    Stacking since the late 1970's

The spread between spot & physical makes me wonder when the break will come.
    “The Federal Reserve is not currently forecasting a recession.”
    Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke, January 2008
    This is no longer posted in the Fed Minutes of January 2008, but still quoted here - https://www.nbcnews.com/id/wbna22592939. The FOMC minutes still quote MR. Reifschneider. as stating the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post
    I haven't bought silver in quite some time, the premiums are just too high. Recently I've been buying gold instead with the premiums in the 3 to 4% range above spot, which I consider reasonable.
    I am doing the same thing Lawrence, but, with the ongoing state of world affairs, I am also trying to build back up my junk silver base just incase. That is what I sold last year to knock out floating debt to get the lowest refi rate on one apartment complex. At least I timed that right to get a 3% 15 yr fixed income property rate. Its actually costing me more now to repurchase although I did see a modest profit on what I sold. Time to cost average all over again as much as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverPalm View Post
    The spread between spot & physical makes me wonder when the break will come.
    Yep, I think we are all waiting to see if/when it will finally happen.

Premiums have been crazy for over 2 years now.

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

Minor correction I only paid $16.05 per ounce of coins. Not the $16.80 I had estimated.

Here is the sample photo given, for all it is worth. Well, see when the package arrives how I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Ag guy View Post
    From low Feb 2020 of $11.63 to high of $30 feb 2021 there has been a 50% retracement in silver. add the fundamentals to that and I believe it's time to go long and hold.

Ag guy
    I wasn't paying attention to premiums at that time. Was it possible to get anything below $15?

I think one could pick up silver bars/rounds for under $15 back then. I don't remember if ASE's could be picked up that low without looking as my paperwork.

One large problem with getting low premiums today is the cost of diesel going up and up. I doubt if we'll see low premiums anytime soon. It starts at the mine with fuel costs and continues at each stop along the way to get silver into our hands. Heck, it cost me $4.80 to mail the one ounce round to Bronkster1967 and he's less than 75 miles from my house. I wonder what a monster box of silver would cost to ship these days? Perhaps the days of free shipping for $100 orders are numbered too?
    American Legion Preamble: https://www.legion.org/preamble

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast