Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A 90% Question

Default A 90% Question

On 90% silver coins, about how much in face value would be needed to equal one ounce of silver?

Quote Originally Posted by spaceman View Post
    On 90% silver coins, about how much in face value would be needed to equal one ounce of silver?
    $1.40 of circulated 90%
    $1.38 of AU+ 90%

above don't apply on morgan and peace dollars

Face value X .715 = troy ounces as a rule as minted.......less if worn off (culls etc).......OR......(spot price divided by .715 = the amount of face value of us 90% needed to make a troy ounce of content to sell or buy.)

Ag guy
    Last edited by Ag guy; 05-06-2022 at 06:44 PM.
    live for today, admit your faults, do the right thing (even if you don't want to) & trust God!
    This life is the training of the soul for the life to come. (accept that we live in a fallen world)
    Whether you know it or not, you are a spiritual eternal being! Ag guy

Thanks for the info.

Keep in mind that the math above is an exact exchange rate....(exact ounces to dollars) premiums in dollars, or premiums in percentages on the buy or sell side, by dealers is the funkey part. That's where the wheeling and dealing takes place. Once you know where the ounce for ounce is or where the dollar for ounce is, then you need to ascertain what's more in demand and realize what's changing...Wheeew...Also keep in mind that when trading physical metals....especially with dealers that the premiums will kill you..........UNLESS......you hold for ages and wait for what's in demand to change.....bottom line......Don't buy physical metal unless you are willing to sit on it till you get permanent imprints on your butt cheeks. NOW...knowing all of that...............BUY ALL YOU CAN !!!!!....and then buy more !!

Ag guy
    Last edited by Ag guy; 05-06-2022 at 11:08 PM.
    live for today, admit your faults, do the right thing (even if you don't want to) & trust God!
    This life is the training of the soul for the life to come. (accept that we live in a fallen world)
    Whether you know it or not, you are a spiritual eternal being! Ag guy

Getting the exact exchange rate is an important part of the equation. Getting to that part would shed some light on how funkey the premiums are. ;-) It sure helps when deciding whether to go with 90% or something else. And yes, still sitting on what I have up to now. It's going to be really hard to get those silver stains out.

When buying circulated 90% I like to buy by the ounce and not face. That way you know that you have 90% Ag for what ever ounces you purchase. There's a few online dealers offering by weight if you search. Selling, I do offer them quoting face value and see if the buyer is willing to work X times that amount. The more worn the more I hope to score. Besides I don't have a calibrated scale for large weights. Just a postal scale.
    Do your own due diligence

I stand united with my friends & family in Canada who seek freedom.

https://youtu.be/-u1SXRQpcfc

I made a video on this topic...
    "Compulsory altruism is none too altruistic." - me

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

That's a good idea. Hadn't thought of that before.

As a related thought, how much 90% would everyone have in their total stack?

Quote Originally Posted by spaceman View Post
    That's a good idea. Hadn't thought of that before.

As a related thought, how much 90% would everyone have in their total stack?
    that subject was on the forum years ago. a circulating thought then was to have your physical body weight in silver pounds initially and then to begin working on the same in gold ounces. that should be a good start for a moderately nice but frugal retirement. keep stacking.
    Last edited by maxwellsilverhammer; 05-08-2022 at 09:40 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast