Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gainesville Coins Endless Countdown "Sale"?

You guys say " sale" I say " ouch."

Took two months to get these rounds.

https://youtu.be/KwtWDBXyuss
    "Compulsory altruism is none too altruistic." - me

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

"Sale" signs have always been a sales tactic to me - the bottom line is always what the price is relative to others. Sometimes they turn out less, sometimes they turn out more. To help in my search for lowest premiums, I use this site: https://findbullionprices.com/bullion-deals.php

I also play in digital silver/gold/platinum - using ETF's. That way, it's easy strike when spot price dips, and then wait till I find the low premiums I like (at which time I sell my ETF's and buy physical bullion at the same time, spot price does not matter). For me, with gold, I like sub 4% premiums, and silver I never pay more than $3/oz, and often find $2/oz or less -- at least for bullion. There are a few collectibles I get that I don't use such methods on.

Making it all the easier now, is that my local dealer is willing to match whatever I find online (so long as they have in stock).

The real "sale" days are when I feel spot price has dipped levels below what I see as what the market will hold -- anyone else struck some silver at sub 22.5 recently?
    “Of all the contrivances for cheating the laboring class of mankind, none has been more effective than that which deludes them with paper money.”Daniel Webster (1782-1852)

I can confirm that the actual ship date is going to be 4 to 6 weeks not the estimated two weeks. I had to call and chew them out to get them to ship after one month.

Is it the norm for coins to not be separated by pieces of paper when shipped? Coins rubbing against each other in shipment looks to cause a little bit of marring. Is separating/protecting each coin a premium service?
    Last edited by SilverReader; 05-24-2022 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverReader View Post
    I can confirm that the actual ship date is going to be 4 to 6 weeks not the estimated two weeks. I had to call and chew them out to get them to ship after one month.

Is it the norm for coins to not be separated by pieces of paper when shipped? Coins rubbing against each other in shipment looks to cause a little bit of marring. Is separating/protecting each coin a premium service?
    one should not separate silver coins with paper or wrap them in paper. Paper might ( at least most papers do ) contain sulphur.

Golditiki2 +++

Quote Originally Posted by SilverReader View Post

If you purchase a tube of 20 or 25 rounds or coins they usually come with a Styrofoam packing peanut or two on the top inside the tube to keep them from rattling around during handling/shipping so as not to scratch them excessively. i have never ever seen or heard of them being individually wrapped like slices of cheese. often individual coins are shipped in a plastic single coin flip if considered Proof or in B U condition.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12