Thread: So do we get 20:1 gsr now? Silver to 100$ ?

Default So do we get 20:1 gsr now? Silver to 100$ ?

So do we get 20:1 gsr now? Silver to 100$

spot GSR 78.8
    10 oz bar GSR 67
    eagles GSR 50.7

Quote Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
    spot GSR 78.8
    10 oz bar GSR 67
    eagles GSR 50.7
    What is your source Yellowsnow? I see lower prices (than online) from dealers in stores, I have not checked the ratio. I'm guessing that those figures are for online retailers, also are these dealers buy or sell figures?

I've been loosely tracking the GSR of spot & retail (mostly eagles) for a while now -
    https://gold-forum.kitco.com/showthr...n-Group/page16
    For the most part, I am just using Kitco numbers & rounding off a bit. I state when I do something unusual due to lack of availability of of my usual sources at a given time.

I don't post there as regularly as I probably should, but the trends can be seen.

My latest numbers for spot & eagle GSR are 79 & 53. this is slightly skewed because only mint first (more expensive) gold eagles are available at this time & those numbers were used.

The markup on silver eagles is more than $14. That seems to be pretty close to a historic high. A few years ago, $2-4, depending on quantity, was more normal. A silver maple leaf is roughly $33. A silver bitcoin round is about $31. That represents mark ups of roughly $8 & $6, still quite high. Not so long ago, I could buy silver rounds for spot + $0.50

A year or two ago I was hoping to see silver hit $100, based it having hit $50 twice in the past, when less dollars were in circulation. So far, I have been disappointed at this current run up. The spot ran to nearly half of $50 rather than double $50, as gold slightly broke it's historic high. It will be interesting to see what the future brings.
    Last edited by SilverPalm; 04-07-2022 at 10:21 AM.
    “The Federal Reserve is not currently forecasting a recession.”
    Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke, January 2008
    This is no longer posted in the Fed Minutes of January 2008, but still quoted here - https://www.nbcnews.com/id/wbna22592939. The FOMC minutes still quote MR. Reifschneider. as stating the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by and4rik View Post
    What is your source Yellowsnow? I see lower prices (than online) from dealers in stores, I have not checked the ratio. I'm guessing that those figures are for online retailers, also are these dealers buy or sell figures?
    online dealer, sell prices

The point of the original post, which was moved from the gold forum - "Paradigm Shift" thread was questioning how silver would respond to this new so called floor (or ceiling)in gold now that there is a technical link to the ruble.

If you look back in the original thread, it has been posted that the flat rate is being replaced by negotiated pricing. That didn't last long.

Perhaps it was just a shot across the bow after all?

I too am curious about how silver will react. It's not been in lock step with gold lately. I don't see major drift, but I also don't see parallel patterns in the spot prices as much as I usually do. This is a recent change
    Last edited by SilverPalm; 04-08-2022 at 07:56 AM.
    “The Federal Reserve is not currently forecasting a recession.”
    Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke, January 2008
    This is no longer posted in the Fed Minutes of January 2008, but still quoted here - https://www.nbcnews.com/id/wbna22592939. The FOMC minutes still quote MR. Reifschneider. as stating the same thing.

Gold up 10$ this morning, negotiating a price having an effect? Who knows, but silver not doing much of anything unless you got eagles. It looks to me that mostly russian citizens are buying gold on the open market. The previous rate of 53$ a gram was the central banks buy price, the new terms allow central bank to buy at a higher negotiated price from other banking entities who may have an immediate need for rubles
    Last edited by and4rik; 04-08-2022 at 09:30 AM.