Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: COIN SHOWS//..date/time/place/deals seen /deals scored......LET'S GO !!

Going to a coin show Springfield, Illinois this sunday.

Last coin show I went to found some mercs and walkers under melt!!!
    "Compulsory altruism is none too altruistic." - me

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

Quote Originally Posted by windweaver77 View Post

Take lots of fiat with you and score.
    American Legion Preamble: https://www.legion.org/preamble

Quote Originally Posted by windweaver77 View Post

Gonna be cold, unlike our mid 70's today.
    Thinking about going, Northfield 1 location?
    Curious to see "firsthand" if inflation is currently affecting buyer/seller price points myself.
    Wouldn't mind selling some scruffy eagles if the price is right.
    1835 Andrew Jackson had US debt at ZERO $0
    175 YEARS later .......
    2008 Owebama started at $10 TRILLION, left 2016 at $20 TRILLION
    So from 2008 - 2021 (13 years) added $20 TRILLION

https://youtu.be/1kuTG19Cu_Q

Quote Originally Posted by High Chaparral View Post
    Gonna be cold, unlike our mid 70's today.
    Thinking about going, Northfield 1 location?
    Curious to see "firsthand" if inflation is currently affecting buyer/seller price points myself.
    Wouldn't mind selling some scruffy eagles if the price is right.
    How the hell ya heen?

In Danville a few months ago they were paying $10 for Walkers, selling for $11 or $12.

ASE'S would definitely sell there, I wager.

You coming to the show?

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

If it isn't too cold ^^^
    Or me being lazy lol.
    1835 Andrew Jackson had US debt at ZERO $0
    175 YEARS later .......
    2008 Owebama started at $10 TRILLION, left 2016 at $20 TRILLION
    So from 2008 - 2021 (13 years) added $20 TRILLION

https://youtu.be/1kuTG19Cu_Q

I went to a show near Philly yesterday, it was supposed to be 10a-3p, dealers were packing up at 12. All dealers said it was dead and no one wants to pay the premiums. The conversations I heard were crazy and out of touch with reality.

All their prices were sky high, for example 2021 S Morgan $300, when I told the guy I just bought one on ebay for $150 he called me a liar and told me to leave. Old morgan's were $38-40 for culls. I regularly buy 4+ decent morgans on ebay for $25/each on average. I guess these guys just aren't interested in selling which is fine, but you can't get mad that no one wants to come and pay inflated prices. I don't think these guys even look at online pricing, one dealer told me you can't get 10oz bars for under $280. Another dealer was selling rolls of copper pennies for $5, I thought they were wheat but dates on end were 60s-70s. He explained the penny was going away in April. I know that has been the rumor for many years but I doubt the penny will leave circulation. On the way out found a guy packing up and said he was tired off lugging all the coins around. Got 3 1oz graded NUIE for $25 which was a steal and he offered 300 pounds of junk silver at melt!

Going to coin show Sunday June 4th. starts 11:00 am at the Polish community center, Washington Ave extension, Albany NY.
    Looking for a little gold at reasonable premium. Looks like they may only have them every 3 months now.

Ag guy
    live for today, admit your faults, do the right thing (even if you don't want to) & trust God!
    This life is the training of the soul for the life to come. (accept that we live in a fallen world)
    Whether you know it or not, you are a spiritual eternal being! Ag guy

Quote Originally Posted by jiggysmb View Post
    I went to a show near Philly yesterday, it was supposed to be 10a-3p, dealers were packing up at 12. All dealers said it was dead and no one wants to pay the premiums. The conversations I heard were crazy and out of touch with reality.

All their prices were sky high, for example 2021 S Morgan $300, when I told the guy I just bought one on ebay for $150 he called me a liar and told me to leave. Old morgan's were $38-40 for culls. I regularly buy 4+ decent morgans on ebay for $25/each on average. I guess these guys just aren't interested in selling which is fine, but you can't get mad that no one wants to come and pay inflated prices. I don't think these guys even look at online pricing, one dealer told me you can't get 10oz bars for under $280. Another dealer was selling rolls of copper pennies for $5, I thought they were wheat but dates on end were 60s-70s. He explained the penny was going away in April. I know that has been the rumor for many years but I doubt the penny will leave circulation. On the way out found a guy packing up and said he was tired off lugging all the coins around. Got 3 1oz graded NUIE for $25 which was a steal and he offered 300 pounds of junk silver at melt!
    that was a steal. you should have done anything to take him up on that offer. beg steal or borrow and could have flipped it next day for a good profit and kept free silver for yourself. oh well. i hope you at least got some of it.

Made out like this at my last coin show
    https://youtu.be/l63DCn_nwz4

Default They take the summer months off...

Quote Originally Posted by Ag guy View Post
    Going to coin show Sunday June 4th. starts 11:00 am at the Polish community center, Washington Ave extension, Albany NY.
    Looking for a little gold at reasonable premium. Looks like they may only have them every 3 months now.

Ag guy
    Hey Ag guy,

Just fyi... The dealers that set up at the Polish Comm Center take the middle summer months off and then return in the fall to do monthly shows again. I have the schedule at home and can send it to you when I get back from vacation, buddy.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast