Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: COIN SHOWS//..date/time/place/deals seen /deals scored......LET'S GO !!

Right on...The 3 buckaroos strike again. After today's price action I'm actually hoping for the market to stay a bit lame till after Sunday.

Ag guy
    live for today, admit your faults, do the right thing (even if you don't want to) & trust God!
    This life is the training of the soul for the life to come. (accept that we live in a fallen world)
    Whether you know it or not, you are a spiritual eternal being! Ag guy

Quote Originally Posted by and4rik View Post
    When you go to a ballgame and they charge 8$ for a cup of beer, do you consider that demand? Or just price gouging. Just because people are willing to pay more than what something is worth does not equate fully to demand. I'm sure there are economic terms explaining the situation, but I don't have a clue.
    I agree it's rip off, so don't buy. there are possibilities to circumvent pricebloating. it is called competition. I used to say buy less when prices rise, more when prices drop, but if prices in your opinion get silly, then stop.

Golditiki2+++.

Quote Originally Posted by Ag guy View Post
    Right on...The 3 buckaroos strike again. After today's price action I'm actually hoping for the market to stay a bit lame till after Sunday.

Ag guy
    You're getting your wish this morning. PM down once again.
    American Legion Preamble: https://www.legion.org/preamble

Well Don,
    Looks like we may have to pay a touch more Sunday, but that's OK. Miners are making up for it today.

Ag guy
    live for today, admit your faults, do the right thing (even if you don't want to) & trust God!
    This life is the training of the soul for the life to come. (accept that we live in a fallen world)

I guess you correct, fiat might be a bit short for picking up as much PM as I had hoped a month ago. But the bright side of today's action was my mining stocks made up for any extra cost I might need to pick up some more physical PM. Don't know if it's too soon to take profits before year end tax loss season begins and drives profits back down. I guess a 30 day IRS wash sale window is getting close. Must do something before Turkey Day, for sure.

We came, we saw, we bought/swapped. Bargains were not to be had, prices were nearly in line with online dealers. Perhaps slightly less, but nothing special. I think Friday's pop in PM prices was factored in by most dealers. I missed out on one deal that one of Brontster1967's non-forum friends managed to snag. A dealer had Silvertowne 10 oz silver bars at $235 until I got to his table and then the price popped up to $245. I'll let the other people comment (or not) on their own deals.

Got 1 oz gold maples @ 6% over...and scored a 1/2 gold krug @ $900 flat. Shipping was his hand to mine.( I like that part) deals weren't fantastic but they were fair. The best part was a lively visit with LongDon and bronkster whilst wolfing down a delicious massive Polish platter.

Ag guy

Well, as always, it was great meeting up with you guys again. Snagging some PM's at "reasonable" prices- yeah, many of the dealers adjusted their prices upwards to account for the up day on Friday, but I think overall, we all made out pretty well. Better than online prices from even our favorite sellers, anyway. We certainly could have done worse. And having it immediately in hand is always better than having to wait for it in the mail, with the ever-present threat of theft from multiple sources. I'd have picked up even more at the show if I hadn't "gone a little crazy" at a coin auction 2 days prior. Love me some pre-33 gold Indians, though!

The best part for me though was sharing some stories/anecdotes, "breaking bread" with y'all (Man, that Polish Platter was GOOD), and also meeting your wife, Ag guy. You're both lucky to have each other. I'm quite looking forward to the next time. Next show December 4th, maybe!

Edit: I forgot to add that even though I was the only foolish one who bought basically the highest premium AGE's- (the 2022 1/10 oz'ers to give as Christmas gifts to my several grandkids), at least I got them at $210 a piece and didn't pay the exorbitant premiums such as they're currently selling for on: the big A ($267!), SD ($249), JM ($264), MM's ($263), Hero ($229), SGB ($227) and many others. On top of that, there was no tax, shipping, or insurance involved. Living in NY State does have some drawbacks- too many to mention, but that's old news. I bought some air-tite capsules for another $7 and that was that!
    Last edited by bronkster1967; 11-07-2022 at 11:06 AM.

Our purchases are looking pretty good at the moment....now.

Ag guy

Seems like the dealers keyed in on last Friday's up tick and thought it wasn't just a one day move. Hopefully, the recent market moves are the beginning of something good for PM.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast