Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Future of solar takes a hit

Quote Originally Posted by redraspberry View Post
    I don't know what they were thinking with the last wind farm. It was an addition to one they already had but needed new transmission lines. Most are buried from tower to tower but then they need to go for the new windfarm substation to the main one15 miles away. But they waited until the towers were up before negotiating the ROW and the farmers took them to the cleaners. Some refused and they had to go around.
    They look pretty haphazard willy nilly when I drive past them from Curran to Jacksonville.
    Absolutely zero symmetry, looks like a big custerf**k. Always get that slight vertigo - queasy stomach feeling if I stare at them too long when I drive past them.
    1835 Andrew Jackson had US debt at ZERO $0
    175 YEARS later .......
    2008 Owebama started at $10 TRILLION, left 2016 at $20 TRILLION
    So from 2008 - 2021 (13 years) added $20 TRILLION

https://youtu.be/1kuTG19Cu_Q

I think the take from this article is the power companies do not want rooftop, they want to own the solar farms and make the money. Now, because of the duck curve solar only does them so good, and they don't need residential solar now, the only way is to have your own panels and batteries, or even generator.

Quote Originally Posted by everything1 View Post
    I think the take from this article is the power companies do not want rooftop, they want to own the solar farms and make the money. Now, because of the duck curve solar only does them so good, and they don't need residential solar now, the only way is to have your own panels and batteries, or even generator.
    yup, go all off grid or don't complain about utility company net metering.
    I think the best way is community power generation. Having a few neighbors or farm owners
    chip on a sizeable solar unit to spread the cost and economy of scaling.

Quote Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
    yup, go all off grid or don't complain about utility company net metering.
    I think the best way is community power generation. Having a few neighbors or farm owners
    chip on a sizeable solar unit to spread the cost and economy of scaling.
    co-operative mindset is the future, but it isn't easy to get neigbours agree, usually there is an old feud lingering somewhere...

Golditiki2+++

A lot of rural Illinois outside the Chicago area is on coops. Mine is Eastern Illinois Power Coop.

What's the Frequency, Kenneth?

432Hz

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12