Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What's going on?

Or just buy pure silver from a refiner at spot +$1.

Weird to see so many continually ignore the consistently best source to buy and sell pms at lowest premiums.

Quote Originally Posted by shades View Post

Weird to see so many continually ignore the consistently best source to buy and sell pms at lowest premiums.
    have you ever had issues selling the silver shot or wire back to them or locally to a lcs?

Yes, that would be the way, if saving in physical silver was what someone wanted to do. However that's still a 5% premium, while I can commonly find more easy to store and measure gold coins, rounds, and bars at 3% or less. I've avoided refineries so far, as they require what I consider to much private information from me just to do business with them. One of the major reasons to save in PM's is that saving in them can be quite discreet, that is defeated when you are required to provide personal and tax related information.
    “Of all the contrivances for cheating the laboring class of mankind, none has been more effective than that which deludes them with paper money.”Daniel Webster (1782-1852)

Yes, thats true, but you can get big quantities at a time, however many ounces you want, no prob.

When I have brought back gold or silver shot, they just xrf it to make sure its 999, like it was sold. They have bought silver shot back from me, at next days spot prices, so they send you a wire, or check
    Last edited by shades; 07-01-2022 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverPalm View Post
    I avoid that back alley of questionable offerings. I prefer to shop in the sunlight. Risk sometimes brings rewards, but my risk tolerance is not so strong these days. Thank you for the information. It's good to know about options.
    Calipers, scales, magnets and buying stuff not worth faking have all worked for me.
    "Compulsory altruism is none too altruistic." - me

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

@Silverpalm

https://www.walmart.com/ip/1-oz-Silv...LtT-reb-BlRyeo

This might be worth a look.

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

"The world will soon wake up to the reality that everyone is broke and can collect nothing from the bankrupt, who are owed unlimited amounts by the insolvent, who are attempting to make late payments on a bank holiday in the wrong country, with an unacceptable currency, against defaulted collateral, of which nobody is sure who holds title."

- Anonymous

It is very strange that they sell the buffalos for $23.68 per ounce through Walmart when the same coin is $26.98 on there site for the same type of transaction (20-99 qty with cc fees).

Quote Originally Posted by DaveH View Post
    It is very strange that they sell the buffalos for $23.68 per ounce through Walmart when the same coin is $26.98 on there site for the same type of transaction (20-99 qty with cc fees).
    It is 100% legit, I can assure you.

Geeze, with spot back down around $20, I really would like to pick up a little more shiny. Silver shot at +$1 would be a welcomed find for me.
    “The Federal Reserve is not currently forecasting a recession.”
    Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke, January 2008
    This is no longer posted in the Fed Minutes of January 2008, but still quoted here - https://www.nbcnews.com/id/wbna22592939. The FOMC minutes still quote MR. Reifschneider. as stating the same thing.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast