Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: What's going on?

Default What's going on?

Markets open and down a dollar, back up almost as quick with no parallel movement in gold. I don't think I've ever seen this, seems different?

Quote Originally Posted by dirt weasel View Post
    Markets open and down a dollar, back up almost as quick with no parallel movement in gold. I don't think I've ever seen this, seems different?
    Them shorts like to try to tank the market at low volume times...
    "Compulsory altruism is none too altruistic." - me

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

Flash crash on open, not uncommon thing, maybe orders to sell off waiting all weekend.

Didn't even see a trade down there...Just a Kitco glitch IMO. Wrong digit...4 instead of a 5

ag guy
    live for today, admit your faults, do the right thing (even if you don't want to) & trust God!
    This life is the training of the soul for the life to come. (accept that we live in a fallen world)
    Whether you know it or not, you are a spiritual eternal being! Ag guy

Question

Quote Originally Posted by dirt weasel View Post
    it's as Fake as the Emperors New clothes.. ALL of it.
    What is the TRUE Value of an ounce of Silver?
    is there ANYONE Here Right Now who would Rather have a $20 Bill?
    x3

I recall wild swings just before we ran up to $60 in 2011. I also remember Sprott or someone else mention that this year we would know when a big run has begun when we see $1 moves up/down on a daily basis. I think we are about at that point. Personally I am tired of seeing the $20s for the past decade. I spent every dollar I had in 2020 buying around $13, so it is frustrating to see $$ double in the past 2 years but items I had bought 10 years ago I am down on.

Quote Originally Posted by jiggysmb View Post
    I recall wild swings just before we ran up to $60 in 2011. I also remember Sprott or someone else mention that this year we would know when a big run has begun when we see $1 moves up/down on a daily basis. I think we are about at that point. Personally I am tired of seeing the $20s for the past decade. I spent every dollar I had in 2020 buying around $13, so it is frustrating to see $$ double in the past 2 years but items I had bought 10 years ago I am down on.
    I am in a similar spot, good thing we DCA and buy the dips.
    "Compulsory altruism is none too altruistic." - me

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

I seen that also this morning,I bet the manipulators were late for work after this weekend ?

One way to interpret what is going on is to follow the commitment of traders reports. To oversimplify my personal strategy, the commercials are almost always right. I just stumbled across a little write up that fleshes out that perspective a bit - https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2022-...out-silver-cot

I haven't puled the raw data in a while, so I'm a bit out of the loop. If what these guys say is true, then we should be near a bottom in silver. Spot is $21.23 as I write this.
    “The Federal Reserve is not currently forecasting a recession.”
    Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke, January 2008
    This is no longer posted in the Fed Minutes of January 2008, but still quoted here - https://www.nbcnews.com/id/wbna22592939. The FOMC minutes still quote MR. Reifschneider. as stating the same thing.

then we should be near a bottom in silver.
    You may or may not be correct, but the obscene premiums need to relax to lower levels at some point.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast