Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the FAT FINGER taking the day off??

"Compulsory altruism is none too altruistic." - me

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

Anyone else notice that for over a week now that PM price is getting hammered overnight? Price before USA opening is down some bucks and then by the end of most days the price is not only back to previous day's close, but is up a few bucks too. IMHO, someone is trying hard to drive down PM, but is running into a headwind that's kicking their butts. I need to find a daily volume listing so I can see if there's any volume on the down or perhaps only the up side. If so, then this could be the calm before the storm and one last buying opportunity. Interesting? Anyone else see the same future?
    Do your own due diligence

I stand united with my friends & family in Canada who seek freedom.

In my opinion someone is trying hard to artificially elevate the price of gold. Just can't seem to get past that $2000 mark eh? Not to worry fake premiums have pushed the price of physical gold well beyond what it is actually worth, lol.
    "That's not money" - Ben Bernanke

Quote Originally Posted by LongDonSilver View Post
    Anyone else notice that for over a week now that PM price is getting hammered overnight? Price before USA opening is down some bucks and then by the end of most days the price is not only back to previous day's close, but is up a few bucks too. IMHO, someone is trying hard to drive down PM, but is running into a headwind that's kicking their butts. I need to find a daily volume listing so I can see if there's any volume on the down or perhaps only the up side. If so, then this could be the calm before the storm and one last buying opportunity. Interesting? Anyone else see the same future?
    your guess is probably better than mine. i am just keeping on keeping on...

Quote Originally Posted by and4rik View Post
    In my opinion someone is trying hard to artificially elevate the price of gold. Just can't seem to get past that $2000 mark eh? Not to worry fake premiums have pushed the price of physical gold well beyond what it is actually worth, lol.
    In your opinion what do you think it is worth?
    Do your own due diligence

I stand united with my friends & family in Canada who seek freedom.

I think you have this exactly backwards.
    Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason. -Mark Twain

The purpose of life is to matter, to be productive, to have it make some difference that you lived at all. -Leo Rosten

In your opinion what do you think it is worth?
    To take it out of the ground, $2000 does not seem unreasonable, but after that it has no where to go but down.

To take it out of the ground, $2000 does not seem unreasonable, but after that it has no where to go but down.
    The easy to get gold was mined centuries ago. It now requires much effort to mine more gold. I see $1k as a practical bottom, even if things get weird. Unusual market conditions & geopolitical surprises may cause unexpected swings in either direction that temporarily cause unrealistic pricing. A look at the 5,000 year trends, holds a certain amount of truth that is hard to ignore.

I see much more upside potential than down side potential over the next 10-20 years. If the value drops to zero, you have lost $2k on a 1ozt investment. If the trend of the last 50 years continues, your return will far exceed that. It may be counted in orders of magnitude rather than a simple multiple if the currency acceleration of certain trends continues.
    “The Federal Reserve is not currently forecasting a recession.”
    Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke, January 2008
    This is no longer posted in the Fed Minutes of January 2008, but still quoted here - https://www.nbcnews.com/id/wbna22592939. The FOMC minutes still quote MR. Reifschneider. as stating the same thing.

5000 years of history, yet we are on the brink of nuclear WWIII and still putting around $2000. Not as rare as you think. I would put more upside potential on silver and copper, of course an industrial consumable use changes all price targets.

I guess that the FED and other Central banks are keeping gold in check in order to avoid people to flee to Crypto or PMs.
    The price yoyo is just to keep people awake.

Golditiki2+++