Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 111

Thread: Premiums

  1. #81

    Default

    To add to the hilarity, Apmex also charges tax on your purchases if it doesn't go over a particular price point. That's on top of them often charging the highest prices for bullion. Someone's buying from them, though. It's sad, really.

  2. #82

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bronkster1967 View Post
    To add to the hilarity, Apmex also charges tax on your purchases if it doesn't go over a particular price point. That's on top of them often charging the highest prices for bullion. Someone's buying from them, though. It's sad, really.
    In some places, it's required by law to charge tax on PM purchases that are below a certain dollar amount.
    ďThe Federal Reserve is not currently forecasting a recession.Ē
    Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke, January 2008
    This is no longer posted in the Fed Minutes of January 2008, but still quoted here - https://www.nbcnews.com/id/wbna22592939. The FOMC minutes still quote MR. Reifschneider. as stating the same thing.

  3. #83

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bronkster1967 View Post
    To add to the hilarity, Apmex also charges tax on your purchases if it doesn't go over a particular price point. That's on top of them often charging the highest prices for bullion. Someone's buying from them, though. It's sad, really.
    actually the last gold maple i got was the cheapest through the walmart/apmex deal. better than any other online deal i could find without adding tax, or additional fees for using credit card or paypal credit option. albiet, there was only the one sale page, the others were higher priced. same product, different pricing. btw, also cheaper than the deal offered by one of my lcs's that called me about a recent purchase of fifty maples he just got.

  4. #84

    Default

    MSH, the APMEX deals on Walmart come and go. Not so great the last time I looked. I know you've found a few great deals on eBay too. I often find better prices than the supposed to be the cheapest online if you follow that website that claims to track online PM prices. Seems they most often only track only a half dozen dealers, IIRC. It does pay to continue to shop around with some of the smaller online dealers. Perhaps we could figure out how to post a list of online dealers to search without P.O. our site host?
    American Legion Preamble: https://www.legion.org/preamble

  5. #85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LongDonSilver View Post
    MSH, the APMEX deals on Walmart come and go. Not so great the last time I looked. I know you've found a few great deals on eBay too. I often find better prices than the supposed to be the cheapest online if you follow that website that claims to track online PM prices. Seems they most often only track only a half dozen dealers, IIRC. It does pay to continue to shop around with some of the smaller online dealers. Perhaps we could figure out how to post a list of online dealers to search without P.O. our site host?
    oh yes, agreed, I really enjoy this forum site and would not like to lose my priviledges to post here. I just wish that kitco would offer better deals so we would not have to look elsewhere. I am glad that they did finally update their programing to accept simple bank transfer of funds just like MOST of the lending institutions, credit cards, and several online companies. I think it will make it easier to work with their kitco pool accounts if/when I decide to lay out funds to play that ratio method within the p m types. kitco must be a huge player in the p m marketplace and it certainly could make their bottom line grow simply by being more competitive with their pricing. i really dont know why they have not reduced their pricing already ..... much more quantity sold vs higher pricing on fewer sales.

    just my humble opinion but maybe the mods could consider this posted message and take it further up the ladder to the board of executive decision makers here at our host - kitco.

  6. #86
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    13,314

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maxwellsilverhammer View Post
    oh yes, agreed, I really enjoy this forum site and would not like to lose my priviledges to post here. I just wish that kitco would offer better deals so we would not have to look elsewhere. I am glad that they did finally update their programing to accept simple bank transfer of funds just like MOST of the lending institutions, credit cards, and several online companies. I think it will make it easier to work with their kitco pool accounts if/when I decide to lay out funds to play that ratio method within the p m types. kitco must be a huge player in the p m marketplace and it certainly could make their bottom line grow simply by being more competitive with their pricing. i really dont know why they have not reduced their pricing already ..... much more quantity sold vs higher pricing on fewer sales.

    just my humble opinion but maybe the mods could consider this posted message and take it further up the ladder to the board of executive decision makers here at our host - kitco.
    I wish, also, that Kitco could find it in their interest to enhance their "gold forum" discussion capabilities. In that, I don't know if there is a way (or desire) to consider associating its forum in conjunction with DISCORD. This would bring audio and video discussion formats into are ability to communicate, discuss and debate.

    It, I should think, also bring new eyeballs in and about Kitco. There is a potential huge amount of people there to promote to. Of course, I may be wrong. It may not be possible due to technical or business reasons but, those enhanced discussion formats would be too difficult to add directly into Kitco's forum (I suppose).

    After 12 years of sharing with "friends (I hope)" on Kitco, it would be nice to be able to group together at will and hear or see each other. It serves us well on Discord.
    Who are the righteous? ....Markpti

    What value did Burisma think to gain by hiring Hunter Biden as a Board member vs ALL other choices?

    Those who cannot articulate the other argument do not fully understand their own argument.

    "Much can be done by wise legislation and by resolute enforcement of the law. But still much more must be done
    by steady training of the individual - in conscience and character...." .......T. Roosevelt

  7. #87

    Default

    Started hunting newly listed BIN auctions again.
    Also saving the not completely crazy premium items that I like.
    Promises of OUTSTANDING feedback help secure lower offers from the sellers sometimes.
    That 2009 Kilo (gamble ) perked my interest again. Seen a few bargains on the sold/completed listings too.
    1835 Andrew Jackson had US debt at ZERO $0
    175 YEARS later .......
    2008 Owebama started at $10 TRILLION, left 2016 at $20 TRILLION
    So from 2008 - 2021 (13 years) added $20 TRILLION

    https://youtu.be/1kuTG19Cu_Q

  8. #88

    Default

    Sold for $510 + $19 shipping.
    0 feedback new seller from Italy ???
    Wanted to bid but wussed out lol.
    Old 30K feedback veteran was the winner.
    1835 Andrew Jackson had US debt at ZERO $0
    175 YEARS later .......
    2008 Owebama started at $10 TRILLION, left 2016 at $20 TRILLION
    So from 2008 - 2021 (13 years) added $20 TRILLION

    https://youtu.be/1kuTG19Cu_Q

  9. #89

    Default

    @Silverpalm:

    Oh, yes. I'm aware of that. I just vehemently disagree with why they do it. I think it's ridiculous and greedy to tax precious metal bullion. Plus, I live in the communist state of New York, so all purchases (of bullion) under $1,000 are taxed.

  10. #90

    Default

    @ MSH:

    I think I may have been one of the only ones who didn't take advantage of the Wallyworld/Apmex bullion offering(s). LongDon had informed me about it, and I was kind of surprised that some of the prices were cheaper than what you could find them on their own site for. Will wonders never cease! I still think that there will be some better pricing coming down the pike in the next few months. Kind of waiting to see how the Fed decision in August will affect things.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •