Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Premiums

i got a call yesterday from a lcs near me to tell me he had 100 gold maple leaf ounce coins and the premium was only 7%. even at that premium they probably wont last long. heck, they may already be gone.

Quote Originally Posted by maxwellsilverhammer View Post
    i got a call yesterday from a lcs near me to tell me he had 100 gold maple leaf ounce coins and the premium was only 7%.
    "So I told him I'd take 'em . . . ALL of them." Then I woke up.
    Last edited by LeadHead; 06-28-2022 at 12:22 PM. Reason: added a smiley
    "It's the lure of easy money - It's got a very strong appeal." - Glenn Frey (The Smuggler's Blues)

"A wise and frugal government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by LeadHead View Post
    aaahhhhhh hahahahahahaha- good one leadhead.

Quote Originally Posted by LeadHead View Post
    that's why i like sleeping the best

i got a call yesterday from a lcs near me to tell me he had 100 gold maple leaf ounce coins and the premium was only 7%. even at that premium they probably wont last long. heck, they may already be gone.
    premium here 3.5% if i buy in USD, 3.9% if i buy in CAD

Pt ML only 6.2% premium
    SML only 27.2%

all 2022's
    Last edited by yellowsnow; 06-28-2022 at 02:42 PM.

I see plenty reasonable premiums on 100 oz silver bars, that work out to about 7%. With silver to gold ratio with silver at the good deal side, 87:1, I'm thinking it's time for silver again?
    ďOf all the contrivances for cheating the laboring class of mankind, none has been more effective than that which deludes them with paper money.ĒDaniel Webster (1782-1852)

I just looked at prices on a few rounds. Eagles are being offered for insane premiums. Silvers are like $14 over spot. A silver maple is like $6 less. There are no cheap rounds out there. Even GSM buffs are well over $5. The deals in gold seem to be Philharmonics, Sovereigns and Krugs, but even those "deals" are not in the $50 range that I enjoyed just a few years ago. It's a tough time to buy fizz. I'm wondering if it might be time to do some retail selling from the stack.
    ďThe Federal Reserve is not currently forecasting a recession.Ē
    Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke, January 2008
    This is no longer posted in the Fed Minutes of January 2008, but still quoted here - https://www.nbcnews.com/id/wbna22592939. The FOMC minutes still quote MR. Reifschneider. as stating the same thing.

Tube of 20 1 oz rounds priced at $24.28 each ($485.60) on Walmart and if POS drops again today I would expect an even better price soon. While not a super great price, you just have to look around to find better prices.
    American Legion Preamble: https://www.legion.org/preamble

so i think i am ready to pull the trigger on one ounce gold Britannia at $105 premium and a 100 ozt silver bar at a $200 premium. 6% and 10% premiums on ebay. i'll use a 0% interest for 9 month c c. unless the price of metals plummets i think these are the best i can do for now.

so i think i am ready to pull the trigger on one ounce gold Britannia at $105 premium and a 100 ozt silver bar at a $200 premium. 6% and 10% premiums on ebay. i'll use a 0% interest for 9 month c c. unless the price of metals plummets i think these are the best i can do for now.
    max,

1 oz GML at Walmart for $1,906.69 (from Apmex) with free shipping and if you use Paypal you can pay off in 6 mts too.
    American Legion Preamble: https://www.legion.org/preamble