Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 111

Thread: Premiums

  1. #51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CarpeAurum View Post
    How do you ship and insure those? I have a monster box I'm going to move at some point, advice appreciated.
    From and to locations in the USA it would be USPS First Class Registered and Insured I'd use myself.
    Outside of the US it varies country to country.

  2. #52

    Default

    Thanks, back in the old days it was UPS.

  3. #53

    Default

    absolutely agree that it is usps registered and payed insurance. it will take longer but there is a complete scanned trail from start to finish of every truck or jet the package is loaded onto. it can take up to 2 weeks but it is as guaranteed as it can be. now for only a single ASE at a time, i just send usps tracking and sometimes with signature requirement. over $100 sale value on certain coins/rounds/jewelry i have sold on ebay, i would use priority and signature required. if the buyer wishes to pay for registered then so be it. anything over $1k must be registered but more and more i am having serious doubts about high dollar ebay sales because of buyer distrust. they must have high rankings or i decline the sale.

  4. #54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maxwellsilverhammer View Post
    absolutely agree that it is usps registered and payed insurance. it will take longer but there is a complete scanned trail from start to finish of every truck or jet the package is loaded onto. it can take up to 2 weeks but it is as guaranteed as it can be. now for only a single ASE at a time, i just send usps tracking and sometimes with signature requirement. over $100 sale value on certain coins/rounds/jewelry i have sold on ebay, i would use priority and signature required. if the buyer wishes to pay for registered then so be it. anything over $1k must be registered but more and more i am having serious doubts about high dollar ebay sales because of buyer distrust. they must have high rankings or i decline the sale.
    Definitely a consideration on ebay, the number of transactions. There are some tricks to get those numbers up. Problem is the time frame.
    "Compulsory altruism is none too altruistic." - me

    "All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

  5. #55

    Default

    ASE premium is now more than 75% if you buy less than a tube

  6. #56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
    ASE premium is now more than 75% if you buy less than a tube
    It makes me wonder who is buying at these premiums over spot...newbies , reddits?
    Stacking since the late 1970's

  7. #57

    Default

    Yes, silver premiums, and the buy-sell spread are crazy. I would not mind spending quite a bit more than spot if it can be made up selling back, but that's not so easy to find. Does not really matter to me as I'm not stacking silver right now, rather it's paper/digital silver for me (or perhaps get industrial silver, like fine silver casting grain?) which I'll sell at another run up. Silver is better at making profit from swings than gold, however not so easy with bullion silver. Given the extreme premiums, I may even sell some of my Eagles, then get paper or gold, I doubt these high premiums will remain forever.
    Last edited by motocat; 05-12-2022 at 07:34 PM.
    ďOf all the contrivances for cheating the laboring class of mankind, none has been more effective than that which deludes them with paper money.ĒDaniel Webster (1782-1852)

  8. #58

    Default

    This week I've received several emails from online dealers all pushing reduced premiums on some select product. So perhaps inventories are catching up and customers are remaining fickle.
    American Legion Preamble: https://www.legion.org/preamble

  9. #59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LongDonSilver View Post
    This week I've received several emails from online dealers all pushing reduced premiums on some select product. So perhaps inventories are catching up and customers are remaining fickle.
    premium for junk had came down to ~40% but ASE premium is still ~15$ each or ~70%.

  10. #60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
    premium for junk had came down to ~40% but ASE premium is still ~15$ each or ~70%.
    Wholesale dealer to dealer premiums, as seen here on bid/ask, was 40%bid-60%ask on 90%
    Currently, the bid/ask on 90% is 0-5% bid/20% ask.
    On silver eagles it was 40%/60%.....silver eagles are now 15%/40%.
    Premiums are or at least have been headed back to normal, a lower normal.
    Wholesale dealer spreads are still high at 20-25% as opposed to a normal 10% or less spread.

    By wholesale here, I'm talking about those dealers(not me) who stand ready to buy or sell 10000 coins at a time at these premiums. Not some anecdotal lcs who has a good deal one way or the other on an eagle, or a tube of eagles.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •