Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Premiums

Quote Originally Posted by Ag guy View Post
    It seems to be decoupled to buy...But paper price to sell !...a $15 premium would be ok if you got a $13 premium when you sell. That would be true decoupling from the paper price.

Ag guy
    depending on who you sell to... plenty of buyers at the higher price means secondary market and meat on the bone
    Last edited by windweaver77; 04-13-2022 at 04:20 AM.
    "Compulsory altruism is none too altruistic." - me

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

Premiums creeping up again, generic silver 10oz. bars at $6 over at the online dealers. And another thing, is a big gap between the bid/ask spread. Its at .34 between the two, its held the .10 line for as long as I have been watching silver all the way back to 2014... Something is brewing under the surface. If the premiums are staying high and moving up, there is major demand along with a possible supply side issue.
    Anyone that identifies themselves by the color of their skin, is a racist.
    There is only ONE race of people on this planet, the human race.

Do not be deceived, Darwinís theory of Evolution is racist. When Darwin is properly understood, it leads to the justification for believing that certain races of people are by birth and nature superior to others and that is the definition of racism.

Quote Originally Posted by Hombre Plata View Post
    Premiums creeping up again, generic silver 10oz. bars at $6 over at the online dealers. And another thing, is a big gap between the bid/ask spread. Its at .34 between the two, its held the .10 line for as long as I have been watching silver all the way back to 2014... Something is brewing under the surface. If the premiums are staying high and moving up, there is major demand along with a possible supply side issue.
    same for SML.
    last month premium was 22%
    Now it's 33%
    Ag spot price is about the same a month ago too, 25's $/oz

According to my sources in the major dealer area demand is lower than they've seen since the 1990's. They attribute it to the premiums being crazy high, particularly any 1 oz. coin or round. This is strictly a supply side issue. ALL the producers world-wide are experiencing a shortage of the blank planchets needed to strike the coins. No shortage of silver, 1000 oz. bars you can load up on until you get a hernia.

ASE premium is now 15-16 USD, or 63-66.7% of spot

With premiums like that, I would be looking to trade ASE for bullion rounds at a discount.
    ďThe Federal Reserve is not currently forecasting a recession.Ē
    Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke, January 2008
    This is no longer posted in the Fed Minutes of January 2008, but still quoted here - https://www.nbcnews.com/id/wbna22592939. The FOMC minutes still quote MR. Reifschneider. as stating the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverPalm View Post
    With premiums like that, I would be looking to trade ASE for bullion rounds at a discount.
    I have definitely been contemplating it
    "Compulsory altruism is none too altruistic." - me

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

maybe it is time to list some of my older nearly uncirculated and quite toned ASE's sealed in a placard case from Littleton showing the date and some facts from that year on my ebay sales page. i think i can get more overall premium that way. i dont think my lcs's will pay as much as i can net from the ebay sales.

I think if you can net $10 over spot for eagles go for it. I just sold some in quantity to wholesale dealer for $9 over. I do see premiums returning to normal in 1-12 months, maybe 24 months. I do not see premiums going much higher than they are now.

How do you ship and insure those? I have a monster box I'm going to move at some point, advice appreciated.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast