Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Premiums

i was just quoted $5 premium over melt for 2001 type 2 roll of ASE's. i walked... now i wonder if i should have bought them?

Havent bought any new pm's in almost two years....focused on growing stack thru trading the ratio's...waiting on Platinum to outpace silver or come to par with gold for my next flip. It's nice to grow your stack ounces for free!!

Quote Originally Posted by maxwellsilverhammer View Post
    i was just quoted $5 premium over melt for 2001 type 2 roll of ASE's. i walked... now i wonder if i should have bought them?
    It might have been possible to buy and sell them and walk away with a slight profit if you sold to one of the online dealers with high premiums. Shipping might wipe that out, but ......
    American Legion Preamble: https://www.legion.org/preamble

Quote Originally Posted by LongDonSilver View Post
    It might have been possible to buy and sell them and walk away with a slight profit if you sold to one of the online dealers with high premiums. Shipping might wipe that out, but ......
    yes, i thought the same but then... not worth the hassle

Quote Originally Posted by maxwellsilverhammer View Post
    Rounded off, a $5 premium would have been 16% over $25 melt. Yeah, I too would have walked, but that's just me. LOL
    Stacking since the late 1970's

I guess what might have pushed me into buying them won't be the possible quick profit, but my believe that we are on the beginning of a sharp increase in PM pricing. Thus seeing a possible free ride up if I was correct since you bought at a break even price point. However, I don't often buy ASE's & AGE's, nor the other gov't mint issue coins, unless I can't find generic rounds/bars. The last I bought both silver and gold gov't coins was Brit's late last year when the premium was close to generic pricing. This week I bought paper gold (GLD) since POG has been hammered and due to rebound. IMHO, the lid has to come off the PM market soon.
    American Legion Preamble: https://www.legion.org/preamble

2021 ASE's are running right around $15 over spot at the online dealers. Thats crazy! Its been a month or so since I looked at prices but the premiums seem to be going up along with a rising spot price... Wonder whats driving such high premiums...
    Anyone that identifies themselves by the color of their skin, is a racist.
    There is only ONE race of people on this planet, the human race.

Do not be deceived, Darwinís theory of Evolution is racist. When Darwin is properly understood, it leads to the justification for believing that certain races of people are by birth and nature superior to others and that is the definition of racism.

I just did a check, looks like 10 oz. bars are going for 300, lots of 20 for 600, ASE for 40, and a monster box for almost 20 thousand and that's the bay, silver price 25.30 or so.

When do we allow ourselves to hope that physical has decoupled from paper? It's been 2 years.
    "Compulsory altruism is none too altruistic." - me

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

It seems to be decoupled to buy...But paper price to sell !...a $15 premium would be ok if you got a $13 premium when you sell. That would be true decoupling from the paper price.

Ag guy
    live for today, admit your faults, do the right thing (even if you don't want to) & trust God!
    This life is the training of the soul for the life to come. (accept that we live in a fallen world)
    Whether you know it or not, you are a spiritual eternal being! Ag guy

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast