Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 111

Thread: Premiums

  1. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by windweaver77 View Post
    It may... she would be much more interested in the box than the silver me thinks.
    Ain't that the truth. Cats and boxes are like peanut butter and jelly.
    American Legion Preamble: https://www.legion.org/preamble

  2. #12

    Default

    ASE is now ~40 each. Premium is 58%
    POS is now back down to level 2 weeks ago but today GML and ASE cost more than 2 weeks ago.

  3. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
    ASE is now ~40 each. Premium is 58%
    POS is now back down to level 2 weeks ago but today GML and ASE cost more than 2 weeks ago.
    I am happy to sell for a few bucks less.

  4. #14

    Default What??

    I was in the local coin store today. ASE were spot plus $12. Even more for the early 90's.


    That's less than 50%. But I'm just stupidme.....

  5. #15

    Default

    Geeze, Kitco is up around $40 too - https://online.kitco.com/american-silver-eagle-coins
    That surprised me.

    It's time to do another GSR evaluation
    Last edited by SilverPalm; 03-14-2022 at 10:05 PM.

  6. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stupidme View Post
    I was in the local coin store today. ASE were spot plus $12. Even more for the early 90's.


    That's less than 50%. But I'm just stupidme.....
    Watched a coin shop owner on YouTube. He explained the problem. The mint can't keep up. The wholesalers can't fill the orders. This creates a supply problem which causes the premiums to increase. That's why they are paying such premiums for metals at these shops.

    I am tempted to trade my ASE'S for generics. Seriously been thinking about it.
    "Compulsory altruism is none too altruistic." - me

    "All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

  7. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by windweaver77 View Post
    ...I am tempted to trade my ASE'S for generics. Seriously been thinking about it.
    I'm thinking the exact same thing.

  8. #18

    Default

    About 3 coin shows back, I did trade off a tube of ASE's to one of the dealers there. In return I got back a 1/4 oz AGE and $300, so everyone was happy with that transaction. There's nothing wrong with moving some product from time to time and taking some money or more metal off the table and into the stack.

    Oh, and btw, I got an email from the U.S. Mint earlier today that said this:

    U.S. Mint: News Release
    United States Mint Announces Pause in Production and Sales of Morgan and Peace Dollars for 2022, Popular Historic Program Will Return in 2023

    WASHINGTON – The United States Mint (Mint) today announced it will forgo the production and sales of Morgan and Peace Silver Dollars in 2022. This calculated pause is directly related to the global pandemic’s impact upon the availability of silver blanks from the Mint’s suppliers. The suspension will give the Mint time to evaluate the best way to allocate our limited supply of silver to ensure the best customer experience we can.

    “We’ll be required to make business decisions like this until the supply chain for silver blanks recovers from the disruptions caused by COVID-19,” said Mint Deputy Director Ventris C. Gibson.

    “I want to ensure that our customers know,” she said, “that the modern renditions of the historic Morgan and Peace Silver Dollars will continue next year. Our goal is straightforward: to give our loyal customers the products they want and the service they deserve.”

    Interesting times, indeed...
    Last edited by bronkster1967; 03-14-2022 at 10:51 PM.

  9. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by windweaver77 View Post
    Watched a coin shop owner on YouTube. He explained the problem. The mint can't keep up. The wholesalers can't fill the orders. This creates a supply problem which causes the premiums to increase. That's why they are paying such premiums for metals at these shops.

    I am tempted to trade my ASE'S for generics. Seriously been thinking about it.
    silver maples ain't bad either, four 9's too

  10. #20

    Default

    Sales were restricted to 175,000 of the 2021 Morgan dollar and 200,000 of the 2021 Peace dollar, with household order limits of three of each of the two numismatic products.


    i don't buy US Mint reason of limited silver supply for not minting 2022 morgan and peace series. They can easily make 375,000 fewer ASE.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •