Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 30

Thread: Why are folks Blaming Joe Biden for High Gas prices?

  1. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jjmcwill View Post
    "we haven't answer some of your famous questions yet.


    Why are employers having A hard time finding workers?

    Is it possible that Elon Musk is a conman?

    The metaverse really is the future.

    PM prices don't make any sense."

    I have faith in you Yellow. I, being a man of average intelligence, cannot figure it out all by myself.
    Have we gained any clarity on those issues at all?
    Are my questions not relevant and do they not at least set the stage for a debate on the subject?
    The Elon Musk issue is my dead horse and I will continue to beat it until I get tired.
    Would you prefer that I revive threads that have been buried for 11 years giving the impression to any new comers that the forums are stagnant and died many years ago?
    Why are employers having A hard time finding workers?... Because the government is paying people not to work

    Is it possible that Elon Musk is a conman?... Really? Who cares?

    The metaverse really is the future... Let's hope not. It would be the Gods of the Copybook Headings

    PM prices don't make any sense."... The price is being manipulated by the government and bankers that don't want the proof inflation is not transitory
    Now there's no more oak oppression
    They passed a noble law
    Now the trees are all kept equal
    By hatchet, axe and saw.

    I will not comply.

    The Tea Party... quietly plotting to take over the world,
    and leave you the hell alone!

  2. #12

    Default

    Two decades ago a professor asked me this question

    "Can you Legislate morality"? I hadn't yet learned to think. My answer was incredibly stupid "No, but God forbid we ever stop trying".

    I never forgot that question and hadn't really understood the nature of the question or the proper answer until the arrival of woke culture.
    I also learned to never stop asking questions.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,595

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by t00nces2 View Post
    He shut down the Keystone pipeline that was bringing oil from Canada into the US and stopped the construction of the new Keystone XL pipeline.

    He shut down the oil leases on federal lands

    He shut down pumping in the Arctic

    He has turned our country from a self-sufficient oil supplier that was producing more than enough for our needs as well as being able to sell worldwide into a country that dribbles begs for oil from Saudi Arabia and Russia
    Yes, this is all true and more. What amazes me is the ignorance so many not realizing even this.

  4. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Comet View Post
    Yes, this is all true and more. What amazes me is the ignorance so many not realizing even this.
    There is also continuing US sanctions policy on Iran and Venezuela ( whatever your political view on them). They are the number 1 and 4 oil reserve countries in the world.

    Also the minimizing of longer term investments in non 'green' resources due to climate change rhetoric.

    I believe it is all intentional ( not just Biden) to cause misery to the working man ( inflation) while increasing wealth gap ( when wealthy you feel little pain if gas goes up another buck but inflation pushes
    the value of your assets up far more). Also if you have insider information, even if only a whiff, you can make out like a bandit in that enviroment

  5. #15

    Default

    How much are the taxes on gas? Illinois now has a inflation based automatic tax hike going. JB has benevolently decided to waive the increase for this 'election' year. I expect the Dems to champion some sort of reprieve from the Fed taxes this year before elections.

    But the USA ramped up production under Trump and the prices were the lowest. Bidan shut down production (and leases) and the prices got higher.

    It's not really Joe though. He's not even a good puppet.
    What's the Frequency, Kenneth?

    432Hz

  6. #16

    Default

    So, the arguments I have seen have been that Joe Biden policies are bad energy independence. Whereas that may be true that doesn't mean that Joe Biden is responsive for the present gas prices. The Uptick in the price of Gas and everything else began under Trump.
    Trump may have actually been lucky to lose the election because Joe is left holding the bag that Trump would have been stuck with.


    "Some of (a president's) decisions can impact or contribute to market changes, which can then impact (future) crude oil, but they don't dictate gas prices," said McGee. "If you go back and look at historical data, whether it was Bush, Obama, Trump or Biden, (gas prices) go up and down no matter who's in office."

    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...nd/5253346001/

    Folks running around blaming Biden are likely repeating a meme started on a Russian troll farm.
    Last edited by jjmcwill; 02-13-2022 at 09:19 AM.

  7. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jjmcwill View Post
    So, the arguments I have seen have been that Joe Biden policies are bad energy independence. Whereas that may be true that doesn't mean that Joe Biden is responsive for the present gas prices. The Uptick in the price of Gas and everything else began under Trump.
    Trump may have actually been lucky to lose the election because Joe is left holding the bag that Trump would have been stuck with.


    "Some of (a president's) decisions can impact or contribute to market changes, which can then impact (future) crude oil, but they don't dictate gas prices," said McGee. "If you go back and look at historical data, whether it was Bush, Obama, Trump or Biden, (gas prices) go up and down no matter who's in office."

    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...nd/5253346001/

    Folks running around blaming Biden are likely repeating a meme started on a Russian troll farm.
    Yeah, you're probably right. The country experiencing every bad event for the common man and individuals freedoms right after Brandon took office is just a coincidence. Nothing to see here.
    Now there's no more oak oppression
    They passed a noble law
    Now the trees are all kept equal
    By hatchet, axe and saw.

    I will not comply.

    The Tea Party... quietly plotting to take over the world,
    and leave you the hell alone!

  8. #18

    Default

    "Yeah, you're probably right. The country experiencing every bad event for the common man and individuals freedoms right after Brandon took office is just a coincidence. Nothing to see here."

    It's about timing. Schiff has said for years that Trump would be left holding the bag. Fortunately Trump lost and Biden got stuck with it. Trump didn't print a bunch of money? Trump didn't want to print trillions more? If Trump were in office he would be stuck with the same mess.
    Not a defense of BIDEN. I agree with almost nothing Biden does and think he is dangerous for the country.
    My only contention is that the stupid meme "thanks Joe Biden" has more or else taken the argument, once again, away from irresponsible government and FED money printing.

  9. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by t00nces2 View Post
    Why are employers having A hard time finding workers?... Because the government is paying people not to work

    Is it possible that Elon Musk is a conman?... Really? Who cares?

    The metaverse really is the future... Let's hope not. It would be the Gods of the Copybook Headings

    PM prices don't make any sense."... The price is being manipulated by the government and bankers that don't want the proof inflation is not transitory
    Quote Originally Posted by jjmcwill View Post
    "Yeah, you're probably right. The country experiencing every bad event for the common man and individuals freedoms right after Brandon took office is just a coincidence. Nothing to see here."

    It's about timing. Schiff has said for years that Trump would be left holding the bag. Fortunately Trump lost and Biden got stuck with it. Trump didn't print a bunch of money? Trump didn't want to print trillions more? If Trump were in office he would be stuck with the same mess.
    Not a defense of BIDEN. I agree with almost nothing Biden does and think he is dangerous for the country.
    My only contention is that the stupid meme "thanks Joe Biden" has more or else taken the argument, once again, away from irresponsible government and FED money printing.
    Yeah, Biden has NOTHING to do with it. You are "Let's Go Brandon"-ing us jj.
    Now there's no more oak oppression
    They passed a noble law
    Now the trees are all kept equal
    By hatchet, axe and saw.

    I will not comply.

    The Tea Party... quietly plotting to take over the world,
    and leave you the hell alone!

  10. #20

    Default

    I don't think I said he had nothing to do with it. Trump and Biden share the blame. Its the money printing.

    Donald Trump And The Fed Are Destroying The U.S. Dollar
    2.2 Trillion!!

    https://www.forbes.com/sites/billyba...the-us-dollar/

    People forget. Its all Joe Bidens energy policy driving gas prices up? We can agree that joe bidens policies are bad for energy independence while also agreeing that Joe Biden isn't respinsible for the current price of gas. Again, I could be wrong. It may be all Joe's fault.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •