Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why are folks Blaming Joe Biden for High Gas prices?

Default Why are folks Blaming Joe Biden for High Gas prices?

I was at a gas station not long ago where someone used a pen to write "Thanks Joe" on the Pump. My Manager actually has stickers that he places on a pump everywhere he goes. What is the case for Joe Biden being responsible for High gas prices?
    Why are folks thanking him specifically for that?

Is it exclusively the shut down of the keystone pipeline? If so, wasn't that still in construction anyways and should therefore have no impact on the current price of gasoline?
    Largely, it is the Republicans who are on the Blame Joe Biden train, but it was the politicians (both republicans and democrats) working in tandem with the Federal Reserve to Print way too much money.

I mean, when both parties act as if printing money has no consequences isn't this the predictable outcome? I am not saying that Joe Biden doesn't deserve blame. He does. I think reducing it down to Joe Biden, although politically expedient for the next Trump run, only serves to further Obscure the real issue. Corrupt Government (Both sides!!!) spending and FED policy.

Ultimately, it seems like the typical politicking that gives the populace an easy scapegoat. Feels good if you believe you are on the right side, I suppose. Unless I am missing something? Is there a better case for why Joe Biden is alone responsible for Gas prices? Also, is it really Joe biden's economy or is it the end result of The previous and present administration spending us into oblivion?

It seems that these foolish political games are exactly the theater that has kept the wider populace from truly understanding the nature of the real problem. It just seems odd that everything else is going up and attributed to supply Covid Lockdowns, supply chain disruptions and Inflation, but Joe Biden Alone drove up gas prices. Seems more reasonable that good ole inflation is "mostly" responsible for the current gas prices and possibly even a bit of price gauging. This price gauging isn't happening in just the petrol markets its happening everywhere. Profits far higher than what would be commensurate with an inflation adjusted price. https://fortune.com/2022/02/02/infla...-corporations/

“Corporate greed is motivating large companies to use the pandemic and supply chain issues as an excuse to raise prices simply because they can. And a lot of executives brazenly boast to investors about raising prices on consumers without consequences—and these executives are saying they're going to continue to do so,” House Energy and Commerce committee chairman Rep. Frank Pallone (D-N.J.) said during Wednesday's hearing.

To be clear "corporate greed" is an oxymoron. It seems reasonable, to conclude that gas prices are a result of bad monetary policy, horrible government spending, corporations "capitalizing" on the situation to increase profits and to a lesser extent Joe Biden's policies.

Don't fall for the foolish blame game. We have known for well over a century now what causes inflation. Both parties were drunk at the punch bowl.

I'll wait for someone to come in and blow my argument up.
    Last edited by jjmcwill; 02-12-2022 at 06:01 PM.

It's a popular thing to do if you just don't like Joe Biden. We came out of an oil glut just a few years ago. This is nothing surprising to those who keep an eye on this market. Biden can not control a commodity that sets its price on a world wide market.

Yea, I didn't think so. It seems to be just a simple minded way to vent anger at higher gas prices. I think anyways. Someone may come in and convince me otherwise because I am not really sure one way or the other.

I almost hesitated to bring up the possibility of "price gouging" because every government looks to blame external factors for the Inflation (Germany and the Jews) that results from printing too much money. It is relevant though because human greed is what it is. Never let a good crisis go to waste. Probably just a small piece of the pie though. At the end of the day it IS the money printing.

Trying to Find a republican making a case for Price gouging and of course I cannot.

U.S. Senator Mark Kelly (D-AZ) on inflation and ‘corporate price gouging’

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYb4tbTDNWk

Corporate ‘price gouging’ is fueling inflation: Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOn3GGcHP_o

Pallone Remarks at Legislative Hearing to Address Greedy Corporate Price Gouging
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3Z-uJe4kxE

Steve Forbes against the narrative of price gouging.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OD2pg7O22Ec

The democrats are going to go ALL IN AND TOO FAR on what is sure to be some obvious price gouging While the Republicans deny that such a Phenomena even exists.

Sen. Warren Questions Fed. Chair Powell On Inflation During Senate Confirmation Hearing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbYVzgGN5e8

He shut down the Keystone pipeline that was bringing oil from Canada into the US and stopped the construction of the new Keystone XL pipeline.

He shut down the oil leases on federal lands

He shut down pumping in the Arctic

He has turned our country from a self-sufficient oil supplier that was producing more than enough for our needs as well as being able to sell worldwide into a country that dribbles begs for oil from Saudi Arabia and Russia
    Now there's no more oak oppression
    They passed a noble law
    Now the trees are all kept equal
    By hatchet, axe and saw.

I will not comply.

The Tea Party... quietly plotting to take over the world,
    and leave you the hell alone!

Quote Originally Posted by BodieGhost View Post
    It's a popular thing to do if you just don't like Joe Biden. We came out of an oil glut just a few years ago. This is nothing surprising to those who keep an eye on this market. Biden can not control a commodity that sets its price on a world wide market.
    COUNTRY CRUDE OIL PRODUCTION (THOUSANDS BARRELS/D)
    United States.....12108
    Russia..............10835
    Saudi Arabia....9580
    Iraq........ 4620
    Canada.... 4129

yah, restricting shale oil and offshore drilling, land leasing, and sending troops to poke at putin have no influence on oil price when US and Russia are #1 and 2 oil suppliers. Man are dems this dumb?
    Last edited by yellowsnow; 02-13-2022 at 12:53 AM.

we haven't answer some of your famous questions yet.

Why are employers having A hard time finding workers?

Is it possible that Elon Musk is a conman?

The metaverse really is the future.

PM prices don't make any sense.

etc, etc

"we haven't answer some of your famous questions yet.

Why are employers having A hard time finding workers?

Is it possible that Elon Musk is a conman?

The metaverse really is the future.

PM prices don't make any sense."

I have faith in you Yellow. I, being a man of average intelligence, cannot figure it out all by myself.
    Have we gained any clarity on those issues at all?
    Are my questions not relevant and do they not at least set the stage for a debate on the subject?
    The Elon Musk issue is my dead horse and I will continue to beat it until I get tired.
    Would you prefer that I revive threads that have been buried for 11 years giving the impression to any new comers that the forums are stagnant and died many years ago?
    Last edited by jjmcwill; 02-12-2022 at 07:06 PM.

COUNTRY CRUDE OIL PRODUCTION (THOUSANDS BARRELS/D)
    United States.....12108
    Russia..............10835
    Saudi Arabia....9580
    Iraq........ 4620
    Canada.... 4129

yah, restricting shale oil and offshore drilling, land sale, and sending troops to poke at putin have no influence on oil price when US and Russia are #1 and 2 in oil supplies. Man are dems this dumb?"

Not good enough. Think harder. "dems bad neo cons good"-yellowsnow.

Is there any merit to the dems claiming that there is price gouging going on right now due to Monopolies? Doesn't have to be the whole picture of course, but does it have any merit at all? The republicans "big business backed Neoconfoxnews" of course will see no such thing as this strange price gouging idea going on anywhere.
    The democrats shouldnt get a pass on inflation if price gouging is going on but neither should Trump or the republicans.
    Last edited by jjmcwill; 02-12-2022 at 07:14 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast