Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 37

Thread: January 2022'

  1. #21

    Default

    But think about the environment...
    All kidding aside, mining for metals can take quite a toll on mother nature. One reason I stick with mostly numismatic type coins. Although a room full of 100 oz bars would look cool.

    Don't forget all the energy used to "mine" crypto. And for what, no product to benefit our real life in the physical world is even created. As for PMs and mining, a very large percentage of such PMs are already in existence (especially with gold), chances are your gold was mined long ago, and silver also gets recycled more than most other industrial metals.
    “Of all the contrivances for cheating the laboring class of mankind, none has been more effective than that which deludes them with paper money.”Daniel Webster (1782-1852)

  2. #22

    Default

    I dipped a toe in and picked up four 10 oz bars for 2 bucks over a grand. No sales tax in NY if over the thousand dollar go/no go threshold.
    Do your own due diligence

    I stand united with my friends & family in Canada who seek freedom.

  3. #23

    Default

    I hope we drop to $7 and the gsr hits 500:1

    I'd then buy some gold backs
    "Compulsory altruism is none too altruistic." - me

    "All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

  4. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by windweaver77 View Post
    I hope we drop to $7 and the gsr hits 500:1

    I'd then buy some gold backs
    Seriously, gold backs would be the last thing I would buy...
    Stacking since the late 1970's

  5. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by windweaver77 View Post
    I hope we drop to $7 and the gsr hits 500:1

    I'd then buy some gold backs
    If POS hits $7 you won't find any physical to buy. Either that or the premiums will double the cost to $14 and you'll still need to wait 2 months for delivery.
    Do your own due diligence

    I stand united with my friends & family in Canada who seek freedom.

  6. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by motocat View Post
    But think about the environment...
    All kidding aside, mining for metals can take quite a toll on mother nature. One reason I stick with mostly numismatic type coins. Although a room full of 100 oz bars would look cool.

    Don't forget all the energy used to "mine" crypto. And for what, no product to benefit our real life in the physical world is even created. As for PMs and mining, a very large percentage of such PMs are already in existence (especially with gold), chances are your gold was mined long ago, and silver also gets recycled more than most other industrial metals.
    You missed my point Motocat, stacking 100 oz bars, although cool does in fact remove those bars from available supply, increasing mining which is a hole in the ground. Silver is a secondary mining metal for the most part but you get the idea. Anyways, I still want more so as soon as silver hits 12$ I will be a buyer

  7. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post
    Seriously, gold backs would be the last thing I would buy...
    I was being funny
    "Compulsory altruism is none too altruistic." - me

    "All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

  8. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by windweaver77 View Post
    I was being funny
    I know, so was I...anyway, I should have ended with a LOL...LOL But on a serious note I cannot believe anyone would buy gold backs...unimaginably high premiums.
    Stacking since the late 1970's

  9. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post
    I know, so was I...anyway, I should have ended with a LOL...LOL But on a serious note I cannot believe anyone would buy gold backs...unimaginably high premiums.
    I tried to buy ten to give out as gifts...

    They instead sent me a single 10 goldback note.

    So I do actually have one haha
    "Compulsory altruism is none too altruistic." - me

    "All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

  10. #30
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,490

    Default

    The miners seem to be signaling a silver bottom...Silver down a few cents and almost all mining stocks up.....We shall see?

    Ag guy
    live for today, admit your faults, do the right thing (even if you don't want to) & trust God!
    This life is the training of the soul for the life to come. (accept that we live in a fallen world)
    Whether you know it or not, you are a spiritual eternal being! Ag guy

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •