Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Inflation in the stores and the seemingly "missing" people is getting worrisome.

AND they shrank the Ruffles bag....bastages
    Thomas Jefferson is credited with writing, “When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.” The seceding states in the Civil War period issued a similar declaration using the word “tyranny” as opposed to “injustice.”

Quote Originally Posted by jjmcwill View Post
    Former FED governor debunks the supply chain narrative
    https://www.barrons.com/articles/the...ip-51642755601

More and more former and current FED employees are openly flouting the supply chain narrative. Everytime the FED's policy fails they blame external factors ignoring the fact that they created the conditions in the first place.

We should all know at this point that we are being openly lied to. Whether it be Covid or finance.
    Lets not forget the months that people were paid NOT to work...they made more staying home.
    Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason. -Mark Twain

The purpose of life is to matter, to be productive, to have it make some difference that you lived at all. -Leo Rosten

I'm in the upper central midwest close to the great lakes.

Federal reserve finally figured out that we have a labor shortage.

A large part of the labor shortage has to do with early retirement during Covid. https://finance.yahoo.com/news/u-fir...181203575.html

The older would have worked a lot of these service sector jobs and a lot of them were also skilled workers like vetraniarians and nurses. I was talking to a nurse yesterday who was 70 years old and agreed to go back to work and help train new nurses at her employers pleeding.

https://www.reuters.com/business/us-...ws-2022-04-20/

A lot of young folks taking these service sector jobs won't stick around long unless these companies are willing to compete with inflation.

"Many firms reported significant turnover as workers left for higher wages and more flexible job schedules," the Fed's report said."
    Last edited by jjmcwill; 04-20-2022 at 01:57 PM.

Quality suffered allot with retirements.. Allot of young folks don't know how to work, raised in single parent households with Mother.

In my college town they figured out that with debt forgiveness, why work, just borrow and stay in school, thus hospitality and leisure is beyond desperate for workers. I went to a job fair the other day, 83 companies, I'm like wow look at the cars, it was the vendors cars, the place was practically empty of potential employees. They ask me to interview right now, I say your body shopping, I'm job shopping, the jobs were all crap.
    Police departments, school districts, hospitals, clinics, warehouse, shipping, labor, even the TSA. Many jobs men might do, but were driven away from, for reasons I won't go into.

Now with feminism on the war path, men are giving up on working, even more giving up on life, they out kill themselves to women 3 to 1. Vets, hah, the job with one of the worst suicide rates.

Along with that rise, women outsourced raising kids to day care facilities that pay dirt. When women took over the managerial ranks in my public service job career they outsourced my IT job, which is fine, I saw it coming in advance and finally walked when their behaviors left the office environment toxic and hostile. I had to leave on my own accord because I was just being replaced with a shopped body from Pakistan and a managers script kiddy, yeah they had to hire two to replace me. I found a job with men bosses and am once again highly respected and revered.

I'm not blaming anyone, just calling it like I see it. You just can't have your cake and eat it too.

Every time I go to the store I feel as though I am in some dystopian novel. Seems scripted. I suppose it is just very surreal. On my recent outing to the grocery store
    I encountered two employees talking about the people who just walked out and the young lady chimes in "I wont quit you'll have to fire me".
    I get to checkout and there is a sign on the register "help needed $9.50 an hour". How are they going to get and keep people with a wage like that? That was an okay starting wage 20 years ago. The elderly lady at checkout tells me she hasn't had a raise in years. Faithfully comes to work every day while everyone else quits and others refuse to take the job.
    I leave the store and speak with a middle aged man who randomly begins telling me that he wanted to go to Taco bell (across the street) but they were closed due to the employees all quitting at once. Taco bell is so god awful and expensive its a wonder anyone eats there.
    I am not making this stuff up. It is the same story at every store around here.
    I get home at around 1800 and try and go to a store and there is a 50/50 chance that I'll encounter a scribbled note on the door apologizing for the labor shortage.

If I had to reason based on what I am seeing (admittedly it is a microcosm and doesn't necessarily represent the whole) I would have to believe that inflation IS going to get worse. How could it not? Eventually, all of these businesses are going to be forced to raise wages in order to gain basic help. They are losing money with the doors shuttered at peak business hours.
    A lot of businesses are getting the hint but MANY are still lagging behind. I loaded up on jalapeno flavored spam and canned sausage. Things aren't looking good.

Is anyone else seeing this? If so where are you and what is the economic status of your area? This is a blue collar town.
    Last edited by jjmcwill; 05-15-2022 at 07:04 PM.

If fiat unable to contain price rigging through infinity numbers, it's value will be the same like LUNA dropped to worthless through inflation. Inflation simply means fiat value is dropping for the same thing. It is not more valuable. The same goes to all goods where aging and used products will not have more values. It is the same with fiat digit with diminishing value and unable to hold the same purchasing power when fiat creators are looting through money printing. Those who work or trade to earn them will have no values remain except debt. The debt definitions is also part of the creation of fiat like Bonds or any bank loans through money out of nothing like IOU as explained by Mike Maloney.

Most people are fooled the same way as Magic shows and they cannot understand how these system loot and no amount of facts or evidence will be enough to awakened those whose mind are blocked and misled through unlimited time of life. They worry they cannot survive like most people who are all being conquered by Imperial through war and using money to rules all in the time of "ORDER".

There is no New world order. They only have single order which is rule by money and mathematically forms of numbers. Without money is disorder and harm/penalty/prison which is chaos. So the rich poor divide is the rules and the order. Those who want to eliminate poverty will arrive at the situations like Ukraine where wars and disorders will happen when you attempt to eliminate money order. The inflation to drive more people to poverty line by reset and create new money is like appointing new governments official with never ending replacements but the same structures of power of control.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors. ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by jjmcwill View Post
    Every time I go to the store I feel as though I am in some dystopian novel. Seems scripted. I suppose it is just very surreal. On my recent outing to the grocery store
    I encountered two employees talking about the people who just walked out and the young lady chimes in "I wont quit you'll have to fire me".
    I get to checkout and there is a sign on the register "help needed $9.50 an hour". How are they going to get and keep people with a wage like that? That was an okay starting wage 20 years ago. The elderly lady at checkout tells me she hasn't had a raise in years. Faithfully comes to work every day while everyone else quits and others refuse to take the job.
    I leave the store and speak with a middle aged man who randomly begins telling me that he wanted to go to Taco bell (across the street) but they were closed due to the employees all quitting at once. Taco bell is so god awful and expensive its a wonder anyone eats there.
    I am not making this stuff up. It is the same story at every store around here.
    I get home at around 1800 and try and go to a store and there is a 50/50 chance that I'll encounter a scribbled note on the door apologizing for the labor shortage.

If I had to reason based on what I am seeing (admittedly it is a microcosm and doesn't necessarily represent the whole) I would have to believe that inflation IS going to get worse. How could it not? Eventually, all of these businesses are going to be forced to raise wages in order to gain basic help. They are losing money with the doors shuttered at peak business hours.
    A lot of businesses are getting the hint but MANY are still lagging behind. I loaded up on jalapeno flavored spam and canned sausage. Things aren't looking good.

Is anyone else seeing this? If so where are you and what is the economic status of your area? This is a blue collar town.
    i see the exact same thing in swfl south of tampa bay north of ft myers

Quote Originally Posted by everything1 View Post
    Quality suffered allot with retirements.. Allot of young folks don't know how to work, raised in single parent households with Mother.

In my college town they figured out that with debt forgiveness, why work, just borrow and stay in school, thus hospitality and leisure is beyond desperate for workers. I went to a job fair the other day, 83 companies, I'm like wow look at the cars, it was the vendors cars, the place was practically empty of potential employees. They ask me to interview right now, I say your body shopping, I'm job shopping, the jobs were all crap.
    Police departments, school districts, hospitals, clinics, warehouse, shipping, labor, even the TSA. Many jobs men might do, but were driven away from, for reasons I won't go into.

Now with feminism on the war path, men are giving up on working, even more giving up on life, they out kill themselves to women 3 to 1. Vets, hah, the job with one of the worst suicide rates.

Along with that rise, women outsourced raising kids to day care facilities that pay dirt. When women took over the managerial ranks in my public service job career they outsourced my IT job, which is fine, I saw it coming in advance and finally walked when their behaviors left the office environment toxic and hostile. I had to leave on my own accord because I was just being replaced with a shopped body from Pakistan and a managers script kiddy, yeah they had to hire two to replace me. I found a job with men bosses and am once again highly respected and revered.

I'm not blaming anyone, just calling it like I see it. You just can't have your cake and eat it too.
    Unfortunately, you hit the nail right on the head. The entire economy is about to go dead because of the coddling of the current generation. There is just not enough young people who know how to work to keep it going. They would rather gamble on anything to make money rather than work a job. We are close very close to collapse...few people really know how close.

Time for real men to step up to the plate. I wonder how many are left?

Quote Originally Posted by Atlas Shrugged View Post
    Unfortunately, you hit the nail right on the head. The entire economy is about to go dead because of the coddling of the current generation. There is just not enough young people who know how to work to keep it going. They would rather gamble on anything to make money rather than work a job. We are close very close to collapse...few people really know how close.

Time for real men to step up to the plate. I wonder how many are left?
    yes, but our generation is growing older and are either too tired, sick, or just don't want to work that hard any longer. i could jump back into the arena again and probably create another 100K plus additional annual income to my current income but am choosing not to. hell i worked the equivalent of 2 full time jobs basically all my adult life and it is time to step back. jmho

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast