Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Inflation in the stores and the seemingly "missing" people is getting worrisome.

So I Looked into the "supply chain issue" Yellow and it seems that there is too much money chasing to few goods. Isn't that just the classical definition of Inflation? Not enough people to keep up with spending? Too much money chasing to few goods.
    I find the "supply chain disruption" narrative to be an odd one when even at the most basic level of economic understanding anyone could deduce that stopping production and printing Trillions would create a supply demand issue resulting in inflation. So, again, what is with the "supply chain disruption" narrative when the supply chain disruption is the result of inflationary spending?

Former FED governor debunks the supply chain narrative
    https://www.barrons.com/articles/the...ip-51642755601

More and more former and current FED employees are openly flouting the supply chain narrative. Everytime the FED's policy fails they blame external factors ignoring the fact that they created the conditions in the first place.

We should all know at this point that we are being openly lied to. Whether it be Covid or finance.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by jjmcwill View Post
    Former FED governor debunks the supply chain narrative
    https://www.barrons.com/articles/the...ip-51642755601

More and more former and current FED employees are openly flouting the supply chain narrative. Everytime the FED's policy fails they blame external factors ignoring the fact that they created the conditions in the first place.

We should all know at this point that we are being openly lied to. Whether it be Covid or finance.
    You Got THAT Right.. Amen
    x3

Yesterday down at the Outhouse...(out of most stuff)

These ^^ are NOT full shelves
    Thomas Jefferson is credited with writing, “When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.” The seceding states in the Civil War period issued a similar declaration using the word “tyranny” as opposed to “injustice.”

It's a big world, moving things all over the planet now one world economy. I think someone said California economy was contracting, it's all by itself 1/7th of the worlds economy. https://www.supplychaindive.com/

Sometimes people go buy everything out when it's on sale. At some point maybe we should be able to get deals on equity market.

Thomas Jefferson is credited with writing, “When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.” The seceding states in the Civil War period issued a similar declaration using the word “tyranny” as opposed to “injustice.”

Well, many good guesses in this thread from members playing out just as they said it would, especially economic. Foodstuffs, it's touch and go, I source locally for allot, but see everything stocked at the stores when I go.

Ok, I'm seeing shelves that are more empty now. I talked to a large food wholesaler employee, they were so used to shortages now. This cost of gas really bummed out the food executives.

I've been combining trips, less driving, I think I noticed the same in my neighborhood.

Biden warned just a few weeks ago that we would be facing a food shortage as a result of Russia.
    Personally, I doubt that is the sole reason why. I am sure that has spurred folks to go out and restock the pantry. As inflation continues to go up many people are doing that anyways. Anything we buy now will save us trouble later. The FED cannot do what it needs to do to stop inflation without our causing a massive recession. The bubbles are enormous.
    I posted months ago that China was urging it's citizens to stock up on food in preparation of a shortage that they see on the horizon and this was before the Russia and Ukraine conflict.
    I think we would all be wise to listen and act. I have held off on doing so, but pretty soon I am heading out to build a good pantry. Had a decent one during Covid. Used a lot of it though.

Everything, what part of the Country are you from? The reason I ask is in my part shelves have been understocked for some time.
    Sometimes I'll stop at a save a lot after work and they are completely out of Chicken as well as other items.
    It used to be the doomsday preppers that were raiding store shelves. Now it is the average concerned citizen.
    Last edited by jjmcwill; 04-12-2022 at 11:30 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast