Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Want to take delivery from the COMEX?

Default Want to take delivery from the COMEX?

Better have your poop in a group! Whats more, there is a plan to drain the comex....

Thomas Jefferson is credited with writing, “When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.” The seceding states in the Civil War period issued a similar declaration using the word “tyranny” as opposed to “injustice.”

That was a PITA !!!

Must suck to be him right now...
    "Compulsory altruism is none too altruistic." - me

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

Back in 1971, Nixon closed the gold window after France tried to cash in too many USD for gold at the official stated price of $35/ozt. That leaves me to wonder how many contracts would need to stand for deliver for the comex to close their window?

To me it illustrates how much paper is piled upon those few bars
    Thomas Jefferson is credited with writing, “When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.” The seceding states in the Civil War period issued a similar declaration using the word “tyranny” as opposed to “injustice.”

Just goes to show you, if you don't hold it you don't own it.
    Do your own due diligence

I stand united with my friends & family in Canada who seek freedom.

if you dont hold it you damn sure dont own it

Interesting but not really sure what is the point of this. Can't he just go to a refiner and get them to melt 10 100 oz into one big 1000 oz bar for him? If anything I would have to discourage this kind of thinking. Should he and others succeed in making even a sizable dent in the comex vault, what would this do to the spot price of silver? I would not be happy to find silver at 200$ one day, I want to buy more and that's just too much for an ounce. Chalking this up to more silver price suppression delusions.

Quote Originally Posted by windweaver77 View Post
    Must suck to be him right now...
    Was thinking the same, would be very easy for the broker to lock up his 150K while they sort out "issues" with delivery etc. etc. etc. oops sorry you'll have to wait another week/month while we roll over your contract to the correct format etc. etc. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by and4rik View Post
    Interesting but not really sure what is the point of this.
    I see on Reddit Wall Street Silver, membership is at 172,000. I know enough about the mentality there and the noise
    to understand that there is a belief that they can IF in unison attack the COMEX with enough like minded Stock players
    that have an extra $150K to play with. They then can upset the applecart so to speak. That was what I believe the point
    was, perhaps to show how this upset could be accomplished. But I am not really in the know....just speculation.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast