Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: PM prices don't make any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Chump Change View Post
    spot doesn't have to reflect a $100 price tag for prices to rise

spot is 24.xx today, go try to find any silver for that price and you won't
    There are exceptions if you hunt... but I can tell you, they are getting exceedingly rare.
    "Compulsory altruism is none too altruistic." - me

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

i agree, there are exceptions for everything...

'cept that pesky grim reaper keeps showing up for somebody
    Honor for US, Justice for Our Children! Now!

Silver and Gold have been given a bad wrap for decades...its been a paper tiger for some time. There are many reasons why we haven't seen either go parabolic...only .5% of investors have it in their portfolio...imagine a huge correction in the markets, coupled with a drop in RE values...given the fundamentals(none), there will be a mass exodus for safety.

Imagine an entire stadium (80,000) trying to exit through a single door...when more investors realize the value of tangible goods(commodities)in the land of the living and not make believe, gold and silver will reach for the stars in a manner no chart will be able to adequately show you the rise, other than just telling you it will be straight up!
    "Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

Friday was a kick in the pants...

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

I went to look at prices for ASE on Kitco earlier today & found no stock. A local guy, who is normally priced lower than others, was asking $35 for random year tube quantities. That $23 spot seems a bit off.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverPalm View Post
    I went to look at prices for ASE on Kitco earlier today & found no stock. A local guy, who is normally priced lower than others, was asking $35 for random year tube quantities. That $23 spot seems a bit off.
    What's funny is, I just bought an 1840 Do 8R for $25.50

I could never buy an ASE for that, these days.

It begs questions. Why are ASE'S held in such high regard?

I mean, you can get 3 columbian halves for $35... that's a lower mintage and more silver from a coin made in the 1890's.

ASE prices are (and have been) insane.

I think that the ASE is getting pumped because there are a lot of new buyers entering the market & they only recognize a few things. They are looking to buy what they know.

I gave up on ASE's/SML's some time ago - it's only 1 oz rounds for me when I'm buying by the ounce. But of late I've been going for 10 ounce bars.
    Do your own due diligence

I stand united with my friends & family in Canada who seek freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverPalm View Post
    I think that the ASE is getting pumped because there are a lot of new buyers entering the market & they only recognize a few things. They are looking to buy what they know.
    This is and always will be, even for old timers. Same for AGE.

PMs are insurance and right now, no one wants insurance. Without an electronic ponzi market, aka crypto, AU and AG would be 3-4 times higher.

PMs are dead to the new generation, so plan accordingly.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast