Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: PM prices don't make any sense.

Default PM prices don't make any sense.

Demand for everything is up. Silver gold and platinum are frequently sold out on various websites yet barely any price move? Seems odd to me. I have folding knives that have increased more in value over the last year than gold and silver. I think when we see an upward correction it'll happen fast and be a significant move. The prices at present don't seem to reflect reality.

Welcome to the PM game. When you figure it all out let us know.
    "Compulsory altruism is none too altruistic." - me

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

I've been trying to make sense of the PM prices for a long time. I keep hoping someone can enlighten me sometime along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by jjmcwill View Post
    Demand for everything is up. Silver gold and platinum are frequently sold out on various websites yet barely any price move? Seems odd to me. I have folding knives that have increased more in value over the last year than gold and silver. I think when we see an upward correction it'll happen fast and be a significant move. The prices at present don't seem to reflect reality.
    elementary my lad. people are at home tradinge stocks and cryptos. Have u seen rivian, lucid, tesla, nvda, amd, shop, FANG, etc lately??
    Same reason why employers can't find workers for minimum wages openings.
    people aren''t staying home fondling their PM.
    Until the sheep get scared, they aren't moving their wealth to PM just yet
    Last edited by yellowsnow; 11-18-2021 at 04:00 PM.

maybe it's just the Fix we need to blame

someone else just got into trouble for messing with metals pricing

but the rule is: Take a Billion from the Markets, Pay a Million Dollar Fine...outside the purview of the legal system, aka Settlement

live to Take Again in a few years because there's no laws against it (settlements don't really add to our legal structure)
    Honor for US, Justice for Our Children! Now!

it has all to do with papergoldmining You see, they can add enormous quantities of papergold and sell their paper in the market because there are goldbugs who belive they can make a buck by playing the henchmen of real gold. Thats why suddenly gold went down today... they have to play the price down to the level which doesn't hurt them much to pay out, but hurts paperplayers who have been too confident and get a call brom their broker to put more money in their ( brokers )larder or quit with a loss. ....

Just try to understand how that papergold joke functions and you will understand that the price has nothing to do with the real marketprice. The real marketprice is like the wages market, one does not find workers if they do not pay over the "" minimum" price, so one does not find the desirable coins when not paying the premiums. Amen.

Golditiki2+++

I bailed on a gold miner today to go all in on an EV company I like. I did ok with the recent gamma squeeze on EV but could have done allot better. Europe had a pretty bad surge, anti-vaccinators are getting pummeled, markets taking a correction scared money maybe, or EOY adjustments coming on.

Still, with this kind of inflation their is no reason au/ag can't move right on up to reach greater heights, just takes time.

I have been following the silver market for over twenty years now, and it can be plenty frustrating. It "should" be over a hundred an ounce by now but, of course, that hasn't happened. All we can do is be extremely patient and learn from history. Silver did go from 4.50 an ounce in the summer of 2003 all the way to near fifty in the spring of 2011, so a huge move will eventually happen..... sometime that is.

Only one reason whys silver is not $100 an ounce, demand for physical. Fantasies about banker price suppression are just that.

spot doesn't have to reflect a $100 price tag for prices to rise

spot is 24.xx today, go try to find any silver for that price and you won't
    Honor for US, Justice for Our Children! Now!

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast