Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 711121314151617181920 LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 198

Thread: CRYPTO HEADLINES - news

  1. #161

    Default

    It is not about speed, it is about decentalizing routing and decentralized control of content.
    Now there's no more oak oppression
    They passed a noble law
    Now the trees are all kept equal
    By hatchet, axe and saw.

    I will not comply.

    The Tea Party... quietly plotting to take over the world,
    and leave you the hell alone!

  2. #162

    Default

    https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2023-...centralization

    JPM launching their own digi-coin??? A big bank in the mix could change the landscape by more than a bit.
    “The Federal Reserve is not currently forecasting a recession.”
    Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke, January 2008
    This is no longer posted in the Fed Minutes of January 2008, but still quoted here - https://www.nbcnews.com/id/wbna22592939. The FOMC minutes still quote MR. Reifschneider. as stating the same thing.

  3. #163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by t00nces2 View Post
    It is not about speed, it is about decentalizing routing and decentralized control of content.
    Sorry I failed to be clear. What I said was "We have different understandings. I checked a bit and mine stayed the same."

    It means that regarding DNS infrastructure, number of DNS computers, etc I checked to see if my understanding had become outdated or otherwise was misinformed. After doing some light searching, my understanding remained the same.

    At that point I did not want to argue with you, or anyone, about DNS... so I brought up something entirely different that I found interesting while looking around to confirm my understanding.

    It was interesting so I threw it out there as a way of just moving on to a new subject.

  4. #164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ynot2k View Post
    Sorry I failed to be clear. What I said was "We have different understandings. I checked a bit and mine stayed the same."

    It means that regarding DNS infrastructure, number of DNS computers, etc I checked to see if my understanding had become outdated or otherwise was misinformed. After doing some light searching, my understanding remained the same.

    At that point I did not want to argue with you, or anyone, about DNS... so I brought up something entirely different that I found interesting while looking around to confirm my understanding.

    It was interesting so I threw it out there as a way of just moving on to a new subject.
    Okay. Sorry. I would just like to get some onboard to work on this together. I think it has the possibility to circumvent control, but nobody seems to think there is any threat they need to be aware of or prepare for.
    Now there's no more oak oppression
    They passed a noble law
    Now the trees are all kept equal
    By hatchet, axe and saw.

    I will not comply.

    The Tea Party... quietly plotting to take over the world,
    and leave you the hell alone!

  5. #165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by t00nces2 View Post
    Okay. Sorry. I would just like to get some onboard to work on this together. I think it has the possibility to circumvent control, but nobody seems to think there is any threat they need to be aware of or prepare for.

    I'm willing to participate but fair warning I'm pretty jaded about the state that we the people find ourselves in... actually pretty much the entire world.

    I am on the other side of "but nobody seems to think there is any threat they need to be aware of or prepare for" meaning I totally think there is a threat (or that "it" has moved beyond threat and is now into actual practice) and think similar to your thoughts on turnings... maybe the same thing but I just have a different way of saying it. I've mentioned a couple of times elsewhere how I think it resolves.

  6. #166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ynot2k View Post
    I'm willing to participate but fair warning I'm pretty jaded about the state that we the people find ourselves in... actually pretty much the entire world.

    I am on the other side of "but nobody seems to think there is any threat they need to be aware of or prepare for" meaning I totally think there is a threat (or that "it" has moved beyond threat and is now into actual practice) and think similar to your thoughts on turnings... maybe the same thing but I just have a different way of saying it. I've mentioned a couple of times elsewhere how I think it resolves.
    Progressively, I try more & more to take an objective outside perspective & look at the world NOT through the filter of my personal opinions. I do this in order to gain greater understanding. That being said, It occurres to me now, as it did not before, that a 4th turning is not necessarily an accident, based on a combination of human nature & ineptitude. I now believe that there are people who actively seek societal rot. Some, like me, would prefer to see the hands of the clock stopped when society is at or near it's apex, and just continue on at that high level, looking for whatever small whiskers of improvement can still be had.

    I now see that some would prefer a society where it is more important to dominate your fellow man, than to work together to seek greater progress. This is not how I am. This is not how I wish to become. This is not how I expect to become, but those people are out there in large numbers. If the apathy towards their actions continues, then all will be lost for decades at least, & perhaps centuries. They think that they now are the ones who control all the things that matter. They do not understand what it is that has slipped through their fingers. They don't even know what they are missing, so they do not even know to look for it.

    The sociopaths in charge have a piece missing inside them that prevents them from understanding what really matters. They are destructive. They are virtueless virtue signalers. They measure themselves by false metrics. They judge the useful as useless because of their false metrics. They prevent progress & pat themselves on the back for having prevented a potential problem. If the trend continues to accelerate, one day we may see reservoirs drained so that people will not be able to drown in them, while forgetting that people need to drink that water.
    “The Federal Reserve is not currently forecasting a recession.”
    Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke, January 2008
    This is no longer posted in the Fed Minutes of January 2008, but still quoted here - https://www.nbcnews.com/id/wbna22592939. The FOMC minutes still quote MR. Reifschneider. as stating the same thing.

  7. #167

    Default

    ^^^ agree with some, perhaps much, of what you say. Stopping the clock at the apex would be great, only it would interfere with the natural order of the turnings if indeed they are a real thing.

  8. #168

    Default

    Elon Musk rebrands Twitter as "X". DOGE rallies as DOGE symbol in Elon's Twitter bio ( see X and D logo below his name). Musk trying for X the everything app with DOGE as payment system. DOGE rallies on news

    https://www.newsbtc.com/news/dogecoi...gecoin-symbol/
    Last edited by and4rik; 07-24-2023 at 11:17 PM.
    "That's not money" - Ben Bernanke

  9. #169

    Default

    Futurama crypto episode, DOGE City.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCXQiHd1cUg
    "That's not money" - Ben Bernanke

  10. #170

    Default

    Twitter X granted currency transmitter license for crypto payments.

    https://beincrypto.com/x-twitter-cur...-rhode-island/
    "That's not money" - Ben Bernanke

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •