Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: A much needed history lesson

Default A much needed history lesson

Will the dollar be dead in ten years? No one knows for sure, of course. Why doesn't this guy say that the dollar will be dead in a year or two? But oh no - why not go way out for ten years so people will easily forget if he is wrong. Typical PM commentator/analyst for sure.

I started reading about doom and gloom and the death of the dollar way back in 2004, and later that same year was on vacation along the southeast coast of Australia. I stopped in a bookstore and guess what the cover story was in their version of Time Magazine? The death of the US dollar. The dollar index was 80 then and now it's 93. Has the dollar died yet? Of course not. Given the historical record, it does seem reasonable to predict its demise, but that may not happened for a long time.

https://www.kitco.com/news/2021-10-2...20in%205%20yrs

Plus reports that gold will be $10,000 in ten years. Same BS as above! About as true as Biden's Amtrak story.
    Do your own due diligence

I stand united with my friends & family in Canada who seek freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by aberdeen View Post
    Will the dollar be dead in ten years? No one knows for sure, of course. Why doesn't this guy say that the dollar will be dead in a year or two? But oh no - why not go way out for ten years so people will easily forget if he is wrong. Typical PM commentator/analyst for sure.

I started reading about doom and gloom and the death of the dollar way back in 2004, and later that same year was on vacation along the southeast coast of Australia. I stopped in a bookstore and guess what the cover story was in their version of Time Magazine? The death of the US dollar. The dollar index was 80 then and now it's 93. Has the dollar died yet? Of course not. Given the historical record, it does seem reasonable to predict its demise, but that may not happened for a long time.
    Or we may, after all these years, be on the brink of the event horizon. However, your point is well taken and helps me keep my financial emotions in check. Thanks
    Thomas Jefferson is credited with writing, “When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.” The seceding states in the Civil War period issued a similar declaration using the word “tyranny” as opposed to “injustice.”

the dollar usn't dying, but crushed like a cat under a steamroller...

measured in manipulated and bashed gold, during the last twenty years, the purchasing value of an actual dollar is one fifth of the year 2000 dollar.

Golditiki2+++

Quote Originally Posted by golditiki2 View Post
    the dollar usn't dying, but crushed like a cat under a steamroller...

measured in manipulated and bashed gold, during the last twenty years, the purchasing value of an actual dollar is one fifth of the year 2000 dollar.

Golditiki2+++
    We have lost almost a third of the purchasing power of our dollar since January 6th of this year.... by design. Let's go Brandon!
    Now there's no more oak oppression
    They passed a noble law
    Now the trees are all kept equal
    By hatchet, axe and saw.

I will not comply.

The Tea Party... quietly plotting to take over the world,
    and leave you the hell alone!

Quote Originally Posted by t00nces2 View Post
    We have lost almost a third of the purchasing power of our dollar since January 6th of this year.... by design. Let's go Brandon!
    who is Brandon
    Live Well* Love Much* Laugh Often

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
    Last edited by Mytal; 10-24-2021 at 12:23 PM.
    Live Well* Love Much* Laugh Often

Brandon Brown
    Do your own due diligence

I stand united with my friends & family in Canada who seek freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by Mytal View Post
    who is Brandon
    you can go to 51 seconds in to hear the money shot.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9UjgITXUJ4
    Now there's no more oak oppression
    They passed a noble law
    Now the trees are all kept equal
    By hatchet, axe and saw.

I will not comply.

The Tea Party... quietly plotting to take over the world,
    and leave you the hell alone!

No, but holding the dollar in cash is a losing proposition due to inflation. Food inflation hit 5% in a month in September, that means more dollars gets you less food. Just a scare tactic whoever that analyst is.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast