Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Why are employers having A hard time finding workers?

Quote Originally Posted by jjmcwill View Post
    This Video just came out A couple of hours ago backing up my earlier points. https://youtu.be/2JIpEi8nh4k
    Left as stated, this "thought" is such that is is a de-facto condition that "bosses" suck and make work suck. I'd agree that even as bosses in sectors that require ever higher cognitive abilities, other attributes of personality and responsibility (even empathy and sense of quality of one's effort) cause sucky bosses (and job duties) to exist at all levels. Who can deny this.

But I hope our culture is not losing the employees sense of attitude, aptitude and desire to bring self-responsibility to perform and achieve to the job. "leadership" is both ways. Funny how a valued employee find three impacts to the mix. 1. Better treatment. 2. Better pay. 3 Advancement.

I agree with those who feel that going it alone has great advantages - but advantages (mostly) to accelerate all 3 impacts. As an outside-salesman, I was in charge of EVERYTHING - and mostly me. I had a bad boss or two, two, in fact that wanted to fire me. My power as a producer was such they could not. Think about that.

It's not "me". It is the power of production and value-add - for everyone who just ignores the schitt and gets on with achievement.

I'm not denying your point. It's just that if we have lost so many people due to attitude (on both sides of the employment spectrum) then our national business model is broken. Perhaps all our business models are broken and we just have not seen the pieces hit the floor first.

The manager of the Lazyboy franchise told me they are doing 100k per month more than they projected. (I don't believe him). To purchase a chair (custom black leather (since when is black "custom"?) we have to wait up to 9 months and they want 50% down. Near 1000 of my dollars for 9 months without my product. When he saw me flinch, he dropped it immediately to 30%. When I chuckled and started to leave, he begged me for 10% given it was a "custom" order.

I've been there 4 times dealing with problems over the order. I've only once seen more than 3 people in the store. Last Sunday, I know for sure they had two orders of "small change" and one return.

I'm going to make book on which comes first...my chair.....or the loss of my deposit. This is a business model that can't last. Who the hell would ever put 50% down and hope they don't go out of business before 9 months.
    Who are the righteous? ....Markpti

What value did Burisma think to gain by hiring Hunter Biden as a Board member vs ALL other choices?

Those who cannot articulate the other argument do not fully understand their own argument.

"Much can be done by wise legislation and by resolute enforcement of the law. But still much more must be done
    by steady training of the individual - in conscience and character...." .......T. Roosevelt

Markpti, as stated Studies have been conducted and forward thinking corporations have enacted policies to root out psychopathic personalities with good results for the company and remaining employees. Good corporations study all aspects of their business and that is how the issue came to light. There is A good book on it called "the no ******* rule".

Whereas I agree with you that personal responsibility, working hard, good employee attitude and responsible behavior are important for the employee to have, that can all be negated by A psychopathic boss that doesn't want you around for whatever reason. Or, at the very least make it so miserable that you just don't care to stay. Having been on the receiving end I know this to be true. No amount of good attitude, incentive to learn or quality effort could stop the False narratives or false accusations.

Much like your work I work alone and am basically my own boss on my current Job. I answer to higher ups but by and large they never bother me an I like what I do.
    Your experiences may have been different. I don't take just my own experience as A barometer for what others should think or do. It's such A small microcosm. I think that to some degree, based on the info, business are going to have to focus on employee needs A little more. It's not just about money for most people. You spend an enormous portion of your life at work. Change is not always A bad thing.
    Last edited by jjmcwill; 10-13-2021 at 02:54 PM.

Markpti, as stated Studies have been conducted and forward thinking corporations have enacted policies to root out psychopathic personalities with good results for the company and remaining employees. Good corporations study all aspects of their business and that is how the issue came to light. There is A good book on it called "the no ******* rule".

Whereas I agree with you that personal responsibility, working hard, good employee attitude and responsible behavior are important for the employee to have, that can all be negated by A psychopathic boss that doesn't want you around for whatever reason. Or, at the very least make it so miserable that you just don't care to stay. Having been on the receiving end I know this to be true. No amount of good attitude, incentive to learn or quality effort could stop the False narratives or false accusations.

Much like your work I work alone and am basically my own boss on my current Job. I answer to higher ups but by and large they never bother me an I like what I do.
    Your experiences may have been different. I don't take just my own experience as A barometer for what others should think or do. It's such A small microcosm. I think that to some degree, based on the info, business are going to have to focus on employee needs A little more. It's not just about money for most people. You spend an enormous portion of your life at work. Change is not always A bad thing.
    I''ve come across an "extreme" person or two. Been in a few battles with some pretty distorted characters. One so bad I was very concerned about my company's welfare relative to its dependence on that company's contribution to our revenue. But I've come across "nuts", egoists, neurotics, et. al in every facet of life. One can't go anywhere and duck this adversity. One must learn to conquer or fall victim. Found it even in the priesthood.

In this sense, nothing changes. My neighbor's daughter told me she hated her teacher. My advice? I told her, it's your job to achieve good grades anyway. It's your job to figure out how to do that. It's you job to learn how to deal with adversity.

https://www.shortform.com/summary/th...hoCLvQQAvD_BwE
    Last edited by Markpti; 10-13-2021 at 03:24 PM.

What value did Burisma think to gain by hiring Hunter Biden as a Board member vs ALL other choices?

Those who cannot articulate the other argument do not fully understand their own argument.

"Much can be done by wise legislation and by resolute enforcement of the law. But still much more must be done
    by steady training of the individual - in conscience and character...." .......T. Roosevelt

Markpti, no offense, but your point is kind of off in left field. We are facing A national labor Shortage. Businesses are having to change and Compete for workers. This is A good thing. It will lead to better jobs for the American people. Your child not liking her teacher is not really applicable. She has to go to School. Most likely the school in her district. That's not really optional. Where you work is optional. If two jobs pay the same wages, have similar benefits, but one of the jobs is A stand out employer known for caring for the well being of it's laborers, maybe they install gyms, have A strong emphasis on employee health and well being, ext. which Employer will the Employee choose? There has never been A time where employees have had so many choices.
    The problem with constantly using yourself as the standard is it ignores that you came up in A different paradigm and maybe just maybe we can do better. You can't fault someone for bettering their situation. You want them to toil away in A miserable job to prove something? The second problem with using yourself and your own experience as the Bible for human behavior is that it comes off as narrow minded and makes it sound as if you posses an overinflated view of your own importance.
    Not saying that either of these scenerios are applicable but it can easily come off that way.

Here is an example of that..."When I was young I left home at 18. This current generation is A bunch of losers".
    Now that statement might make one seem an feel more rugged, responsible and "better", but it ignores the generational struggles that the current young folks face. All of my nieces and Nephews are over 18 and live at home because after A car payment and rent they wouldnt have money for anything else.
    It ignores that when you were coming up (I assume you around 80) you could pay A house off in A few short years and they were much cheaper.
    It's simply not very wise, in my opinion, to use the microcosm of your time and your experience as the absolute Authority on matters that are so different that they have not been applicable to you for Many years. However, it's also very normal human behavior for your age group. When my mind has reached its Apex and begins to wind down for death I'm sure I'll do the same.

Markpti, no offense, but your point is kind of off in left field. We are facing A national labor Shortage. Businesses are having to change and Compete for workers. This is A good thing. It will lead to better jobs for the American people. Your child not liking her teacher is not really applicable. She has to go to School. Most likely the school in her district. That's not really optional. Where you work is optional. If two jobs pay the same wages, have similar benefits, but one of the jobs is A stand out employer known for caring for the well being of it's laborers, maybe they install gyms, have A strong emphasis on employee health and well being, ext. which Employer will the Employee choose? There has never been A time where employees have had so many choices.
    The problem with constantly using yourself as the standard is it ignores that you came up in A different paradigm and maybe just maybe we can do better. You can't fault someone for bettering their situation. You want them to toil away in A miserable job to prove something? The second problem with using yourself and your own experience as the Bible for human behavior is that it comes off as narrow minded and makes it sound as if you posses an overinflated view of your own importance.
    Not saying that either of these scenerios are applicable but it can easily come off that way.

Here is an example of that..."When I was young I left home at 18. This current generation is A bunch of losers".
    Now that statement might make one seem an feel more rugged, responsible and "better", but it ignores the generational struggles that the current young folks face. All of my nieces and Nephews are over 18 and live at home because after A car payment and rent they wouldnt have money for anything else.
    It ignores that when you were coming up (I assume you around 80) you could pay A house off in A few short years and they were much cheaper.
    It's simply not very wise, in my opinion, to use the microcosm of your time and your experience as the absolute Authority on matters that are so different that they have not been applicable to you for Many years. However, it's also very normal human behavior for your age group. When my mind has reached its Apex and begins to wind down for death I'm sure I'll do the same.
    I think I'll just back off. I can't follow this post. It's worse than mine and that's saying something.

"I think I'll just back off. I can't follow this post. It's worse than mine and that's saying something."

Hahaha, clever way to call me A poo poster.

4.3 Million Workers Just Told Their Bosses To Shove It

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JIpEi8nh4k

"I think I'll just back off. I can't follow this post. It's worse than mine and that's saying something."

Hahaha, clever way to call me A poo poster.
    More intended to exit what appears to be a conscious display on your part to interpret my posts in the most negative way - and an impulse to tell me so. A review of your previous post responses show subtle digs and admonishments. I seem to bother you consistently. There is a dislike lurking there and you can't refrain from expressing it. Readers of both our posts might get the feeling we both "stray" from time to time.

You've a right to your feelings. I just think it more constructive if I back off. Last comment.

All is well Markpti. I enjoy your posts and presence on the forum. Always have. Sorry if I offended you. I think that we Are probably more similar than dissimilar.

this time i think workers have more clout.
    The threat of moving operation to oversea (ex. china) is not strong anymore.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast