Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Why are employers having A hard time finding workers?

Default Why are employers having A hard time finding workers?

So my company has had A very difficult time finding help. I'm in forestry and the work is difficult so that doesn't help matters. We have assumed that once the enhanced government benefit expired we would have people rushing to come back to work. That didn't happen. It's really A bad situation and my manager doesn't know what to do about it.
    What are people living off of? Surely folks still need money.

I thought the expired benefit would have people looking for work as well but like you say that didn't happen. I've been short three employees for over a year now and I pay union scale with benefits, I'm in utility construction and am turning down work weekly because of labor...I've got the equipment but no help...good luck finding someone with a work ethic, a CDL that can pass a drug screen.

With a pot shop on every corner where I am, I can see most would rather languish the lazy summer or autumn or nasty winter or spring fresh days
    getting high and fogeddaboudit ALL. After all, helicopter money spends so easily at the local dispensary.
    Thomas Jefferson is credited with writing, “When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.” The seceding states in the Civil War period issued a similar declaration using the word “tyranny” as opposed to “injustice.”

Quote Originally Posted by vertical1 View Post
    With a pot shop on every corner where I am, I can see most would rather languish the lazy summer or autumn or nasty winter or spring fresh days
    getting high and fogeddaboudit ALL. After all, helicopter money spends so easily at the local dispensary.
    it sure explain this
    https://nypost.com/2021/10/10/covid-...a-study-finds/

While it is not good for our country, it is good for those who are willing to work.
    Now there's no more oak oppression
    They passed a noble law
    Now the trees are all kept equal
    By hatchet, axe and saw.

I will not comply.

The Tea Party... quietly plotting to take over the world,
    and leave you the hell alone!

Toonces, I can't quote you but you are spot on. I started my new job during the beginning of the Pandemic. I remember talking to my training supervisor and he was telling me that they couldn't find anyone to work. I told him that there has never been A better time to get A job. He said "What do you mean I can't find anyone" to which I replied "No, there has never been A better time for those who want to work to find their dream job". He stopped, thought about it looking off into the distance. Three weeks later he put in his two week notice because he landed his dream job.

Here is a good article on the unemployment issue.
    https://www.rgj.com/story/news/money...rk/5661302001/

The issue has many factors to it.
    Government Helicopter Money lowered work morale for sure. It has created A bit of an entitlement mentality. Just give me money. People got A taste of early retirement. Not good, haha.

Also, people have many more options now. Folks are sick of going to work and dealing with A psychopathic narcissistic Manager who is more concerned with tripping you up and making you look bad rather than help you. Why deal with that when you can down load and app, deliver groceries for A few hours and make A couple hundred bucks? Employers are going to have to adapt to what's going on with the cultural shift.
    Many corporations have already been working on this after studies revealed that whatever good A psychopathic manager brings to the table, the overall damage far outweighs the benefits. My niece had A decent little job as A manager and just walked out. Tired of dealing with unnecessary BS. She has downloaded several apps for delivering groceries and what not and makes more money on her own schedule.

My own personal experience where I am currently employed has been A purposeful lack of training and knowledge sharing due to insecure leadership afraid of an individual learning too much. I overheard them debating whether to tell me about Cam Scanner (an app they use to turn picture of paperwork into pdf) and in the end they decided not to. I laughed to myself because I had been using cam scanner for years. Cam scanner is A trade secret? That's just one of many examples. There are many toxic employers putting people in danger just to protect their own ego. People are wise to it, have options and leaving these places. How do you fix that?

This generation is different. They won't take unnecessary bull****. They go for A smoke break and never come back.

Quote Originally Posted by jjmcwill View Post

Also, people have many more options now. Folks are sick of going to work and dealing with A psychopathic narcissistic Manager who is more concerned with tripping you up and making you look bad rather than help you. Why deal with that when you can down load and app, deliver groceries for A few hours and make A couple hundred bucks? Employers are going to have to adapt to what's going on with the cultural shift.
    Many corporations have already been working on this after studies revealed that whatever good A psychopathic manager brings to the table, the overall damage far outweighs the benefits. My niece had A decent little job as A manager and just walked out. Tired of dealing with unnecessary BS. She has downloaded several apps for delivering groceries and what not and makes more money on her own schedule.
    At my place of employment for 30 years and towards the end I worked for a manager that was like this. It was a constant battle. He was a pathologically liar so it was easy to trip him up too. But that just increases the bad times. never could figure out what the company saw in him.
    What's the Frequency, Kenneth?

432Hz

Quote Originally Posted by vertical1 View Post
    sad.. and So Very True. up here in Michigan I am STILL Employed at a Large Grocery store..
    Just wait until that Stammering Idiot Biden's FORCED 'shot' Mandate BS gets going (IF it ever does)
    We Already Have been seeing for Many Months people who will work a week.. and then Never come back..
    My Guess is they Have Figured out some Scam to get FREE Government Money
    We have a HUGE Staffing problem ALREADY and I Already OFTEN Work By Myself.. doing MORE Than I should be for what I am Paid..
    Looks to me Like this Administration is TRYING To Destroy what Remains of our Productive Private sector
    x3

I have been doing my own thing, a handyman business, since 1998. Recently I have considered applying to see if I could land a job that would offer more security but have come to the conclusion there is no security anywhere. I am better off taking my chances the phone will keep ringing.
    Now there's no more oak oppression
    They passed a noble law
    Now the trees are all kept equal
    By hatchet, axe and saw.

I will not comply.

The Tea Party... quietly plotting to take over the world,
    and leave you the hell alone!

This Video just came out A couple of hours ago backing up my earlier points. https://youtu.be/2JIpEi8nh4k

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast