Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Someone had a WOW factor day

Quote Originally Posted by vertical1 View Post
    Things being as they are, Perhaps it is a viable option to actually get your hands on some Au. I know a guy with a torch and crucible and tongs and leather suit....hmmmm. Also the nugs could be exchanged for something IMO. Gave away all my mercury....
    Nah...I'll keep my nuggets in nugget form as I like these in their natural state as found. I got plenty in coin and bars tucked away. It is a passive investment approach and has gained substantially by just holding for many years and I'm not even including any premiums. If I had flour gold, then I'd consider the smelting pot.

Keep up with the good video finds. Right up my alley as they say.
    ...be your own Health Care System... grow your own and eat well

I managed a nice sample of gold in quartz from the 16 to 1 mine in CA. So sweet!
    www.origsix.com/catalog2.asp?catid=28

Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with ^^ 16:1 Mine or assoc.
    Thomas Jefferson is credited with writing, “When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.” The seceding states in the Civil War period issued a similar declaration using the word “tyranny” as opposed to “injustice.”

I managed a nice sample of gold in quartz from the 16 to 1 mine in CA. So sweet!
    www.origsix.com/catalog2.asp?catid=28

Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with ^^ 16:1 Mine or assoc.
    Nice link and beautiful examples. Lots of different ways for collecting gold samples.

Most of the gold up here is placer gold, which are nuggets of various shapes and sizes not nearly as fancy as what is in that link. Hard rock mining yields some really fine examples. I see a lot of those in the link are sold, just wondering what the added premium was for them. 100% + is common for great examples.

so much FUN!!

Thomas Jefferson is credited with writing, “When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.” The seceding states in the Civil War period issued a similar declaration using the word “tyranny” as opposed to “injustice.”

Man here we go again. This is a somewhat shameless plug for contract treasure guide but what the hey?
    It appears that the location of the majority of the 1715 fleet has been documented & the rights to the finds have been assigned. Subcontractors seem to work the field, for a cut - https://www.bizjournals.com/southflo...8/daily12.html

As is often the case with maritime finds, the lawyers have been involved -https://www.courthousenews.com/contractor-gets-second-chance-intervene-sunken-treasure-case/
    Last edited by SilverPalm; 03-06-2022 at 12:24 PM.

Thanks for that SilverPalm. I'm always a sucker for the 1715 Fleet treasure finds.

I still have my archemedes spiral pan. I just need good material to put through the thing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123