Thread: Any Canadian Gold Maple or SA Krugerand bullion "date" collectors here?

Default Any Canadian Gold Maple or SA Krugerand bullion "date" collectors here?

As an extension of my previous efforts researching classic US silver coinage, contemporary China Panda and USA gold (et al) bullion mintages...I'm curious if there are any Canada Gold Maple or South Africa Krugerrand collectors (as opposed to or in conjunction to "stacking") here.

Are there any sources for more recent Maple (all denominations)? Most mintage lists I find online end in the 20-teens at best.

Any recommended or known communities for collecting research, contacts, numismatic-focus for these foreign gold bullion series?

We're in a GLOBAL economy, as is numismatics, and my "accidental" foray into Chinese bullion a decade+ ago fostered this "outside the box" perspective of all things gold and silver.

Thanks for any insights, perspectives, opinions or directional advice.
    Gold. The only money that matters. The only money that lasts.

Collecting bullion by date can be difficult for various reasons. Krands (new product) were banned in many Countries in Europe from the 1970's and in the US for 6 years from 1985 to 1991. So for sometimes political reasons, scarcity can be manufactured...
    Build a fire and warm a man for a day.
    Set him on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life
    .:

If you see something...Shoot something! Ima Hunter

outside of the box collecting of anything other than U S silver and gold eagles for me would be some Mexican 50Peso 1.2 ozt gold coins or 20 Peso gold coins and also Sovereigns (especially favoring the "shield" reverse versions) and i also buy the Austrian 100 Corona one ounce gold coins the past couple years as they can usually be bought for the lowest premiums. I just bought another one from ebay daily deals for the lowest premium i could find besides one ounce gold bars which I stay away from now for various reasons.

Not many gold Maples with key date status with the exception of one. It is a very small run of the tiniest in the Maple series. I own 2 of these tiny guys and bought them many years ago and have seen the prices keep rising.

Key date quality picks sure can help your returns down the road.
    ...be your own Health Care System... grow your own and eat well

Quote Originally Posted by digbird View Post
    Not many gold Maples with key date status with the exception of one. It is a very small run of the tiniest in the Maple series. I own 2 of these tiny guys and bought them many years ago and have seen the prices keep rising.

Hello Dig...I've been spending a lot of time researching "des tings"; Canadian Maples ALL denomination mintages as well as ASE. No date-collections with this stuff but JUST keys. Congrats for nabbing 2 of the Maple Keys...fantastic grab.!!

u mean the 1994 - 1/15 oz GML?

Quote Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
    u mean the 1994 - 1/15 oz GML?
    Yes, that's the one.

Yes, that's the one.
    Yea...I've seen a few isolated pieces floating years ago but I had to do a double-take on that one-off denomination. My cork-board is covered in multiple global-mintage charts and strategic long-purchase strategy notes...My OCD get kicked into high gear with this stuff. I just wish I'd savings-bank/collected this stuff YEARS ago.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Unsustainable; 09-17-2021 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Unsustainable View Post
    Yea...I've seen a few isolated pieces floating years ago but I had to do a double-take on that one-off denomination. My cork-board is covered in multiple global-mintage charts and strategic long-purchase strategy notes...My OCD get kicked into high gear with this stuff. I just wish I'd savings-bank/collected this stuff YEARS ago.
    Haha..I know what you mean. I have the same affliction. The chore is to sort the chaff from the wheat as many made for collector stuff has a really short shelf life and often resort back to just bullion prices. The 1994 1/15th was not a collector edition but a bullion test trial that didn't go over very well. Making that coin a prime target for a key date.