Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: GOP senator believes that Debt isn't A good thing. What A moron.

  1. #1

    Default GOP senator believes that Debt isn't A good thing. What A moron.

    He starts talking about quaint ideas like principles and brings up historical precedents. Hasn't anyone informed this fool that America owns the printing press? We can print as much as we want. He needs to go to university and educate himself.
    https://youtu.be/v3CaJHaR9yQhttps://youtu.be/v3CaJHaR9yQ
    Last edited by jjmcwill; 08-09-2021 at 11:31 AM.

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jjmcwill View Post
    He starts talking about quaint ideas like principles and brings up historical precedents. Hasn't anyone informed this fool that America owns the printing press? We can print as much as we want. He needs to go to university and educate himself.
    https://youtu.be/v3CaJHaR9yQhttps://youtu.be/v3CaJHaR9yQ
    Yeah... New math is math too....
    Now there's no more oak oppression
    They passed a noble law
    Now the trees are all kept equal
    By hatchet, axe and saw.

    I will not comply.

    The Tea Party... quietly plotting to take over the world,
    and leave you the hell alone!

  3. #3

    Default

    If anyone want's to read someone presenting their views on how inflation is under reported & there is a war being waged against the middle class, then here's your chance - http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/i...-in-crazytown/

  4. #4

    Default

    We are bumping up against the debt ceiling again. No way can they raise it enough to cover the trillions they have authorized or want to. End of USA Corp?

    Democrats’ Dare on Debt Sets Up High-Stakes Shutdown Fight

    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...o-easy-way-out
    What's the Frequency, Kenneth?

    432Hz

  5. #5

    Default

    If your carrying debt paying less than 3%, it is paying you at this point in the game. Disclaimer: I have no debt.
    It seems like the feds are down to throwing a couple trillion at whatever each year. UBI incoming faster now.
    I'm not sure I would blame either party at this point, they are all complicit since lobbyists.. i.e. big pharma lobbied out 300 million last year, taking the top spot, but they are loaded.

    Debt doesn't seem to matter. However, the people I know who don't work, they have it good, sure they have to drink the kool-aid but otherwise they force it down.

  6. #6

    Default

    John Williams Shadowstats is great info. However, I don't have to have his info to see the inflation. I do a lot of our shopping. I am noticing big increases in the staples we buy. It is obvious!
    Metals are for Investors who take more risk with what’s Real, and less with what’s not. Author unknown

  7. #7

    Default

    I do not have debt either. I view debt as a bad thing (for me personally). Parable:

    I find the house of my dreams. I do not have enough on hand cash to buy said house.
    I go to the bank and Borrow money to pay for that house over time. I become the classic debtor.
    Something unforseen happens in my life (pandemic). I loose my job and cannot make the
    payments for the expensive house I bought. The Bank which loaned me money has POWER
    over me by it's legal ability to take the house from me. (Because in reality it was their house until I paid it off)
    In a nutshell, that is why debt is bad.
    So , I agree with the GOP Senator of the OP's thread title. Yet, since I am not in debt, I am a Moron?
    Ha, not true. It has been such a blessing to operate my life on the out of debt side of the aisle. You have no Idea.
    Last edited by vertical1; 09-07-2021 at 05:38 AM.
    Thomas Jefferson is credited with writing, “When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.” The seceding states in the Civil War period issued a similar declaration using the word “tyranny” as opposed to “injustice.”

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redraspberry View Post
    We are bumping up against the debt ceiling again. No way can they raise it enough to cover the trillions they have authorized or want to. End of USA Corp?

    Democrats’ Dare on Debt Sets Up High-Stakes Shutdown Fight

    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...o-easy-way-out
    My expectation is that after some political theater, the limit will be raised again & the game will go on.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vertical1 View Post
    I do not have debt either. I view debt as a bad thing (for me personally). Parable:

    I find the house of my dreams. I do not have enough on hand cash to buy said house.
    I go to the bank and Borrow money to pay for that house over time. I become the classic debtor.
    Something unforseen happens in my life (pandemic). I loose my job and cannot make the
    payments for the expensive house I bought. The Bank which loaned me money has POWER
    over me by it's legal ability to take the house from me. (Because in reality it was their house until I paid it off)
    In a nutshell, that is why debt is bad.
    So , I agree with the GOP Senator of the OP's thread title. Yet, since I am not in debt, I am a Moron?
    Ha, not true. It has been such a blessing to operate my life on the out of debt side of the aisle. You have no Idea.
    If you don't pay the bank, the bank can take your house. If the US defaults on it's debts, what happens in that case?

    In the past, getting out of debt was a good thing. When interest rates are less than inflation, debt holders are being paid to hold their loans out. We are in strange times now, but the pendulum may swing back with a vengeance if there is a collapse of asset bubbles.

    Debt = Risk. People are being paid to take on risk at this time.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •