Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 162021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Wow

Insider pump and dump and then repeat ad nauseum
    Thomas Jefferson is credited with writing, “When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.” The seceding states in the Civil War period issued a similar declaration using the word “tyranny” as opposed to “injustice.”

yes insider pump/dump... fat finger always comes in the night. f ucker!!!

POG down 24+ dollars Monday AM.
    Do your own due diligence

I stand united with my friends & family in Canada who seek freedom.

I have noticed a relationship between gold stock prices and the price of gold.
    The stock prices seem to need to confirm the gold price momentum or the rally will not be sustained.

I noticed this on Friday, ( all time high in gold yet GDX did not move all that aggressively that day, or really all year).

In theory the stock prices, especially the high cost producers, (most of them these days)should have strong leverage (multiples) to the change in the gold price

It is almost as if someone knows something before hand. ( or strongly suspects something).

Not sure if I am way off base or there is something to this. Maybe it is a well known fact. Perhaps it can be played in the future

Quote Originally Posted by brutus2 View Post
    I have noticed a relationship between gold stock prices and the price of gold.
    The stock prices seem to need to confirm the gold price momentum or the rally will not be sustained.

I noticed this on Friday, ( all time high in gold yet GDX did not move all that aggressively that day, or really all year).

In theory the stock prices, especially the high cost producers, (most of them these days)should have strong leverage (multiples) to the change in the gold price

It is almost as if someone knows something before hand. ( or strongly suspects something).

Not sure if I am way off base or there is something to this. Maybe it is a well known fact. Perhaps it can be played in the future
    DEAD sector.....Waiting for kiss from prince charming.............Then the birds will sing !
    live for today, admit your faults, do the right thing (even if you don't want to) & trust God!
    This life is the training of the soul for the life to come. (accept that we live in a fallen world)
    Whether you know it or not, you are a spiritual eternal being! Ag guy

I was expecting today's move. It still hurts! I expected some profit taking, but not this much! So I too have been looking at gold price vs. gold stocks and am confused at always. Some of my juniors are up 5, 8 and 15% today. But overall, my juniors are down about $300 in total. This is nearly normal bouncing +/- on any day. Meanwhile, my options and big board/Amex shares that I hold in my other account are taking a bath today giving up a lot of their gains from the last couple of weeks. I'm still up 25% on many of them, but the losers of the bunch are sucking the total way down. Unless, things go to crap overall, I'm not selling anything until 2024.
    Do your own due diligence

I stand united with my friends & family in Canada who seek freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by LongDonSilver View Post
    I was expecting today's move. It still hurts! I expected some profit taking, but not this much! So I too have been looking at gold price vs. gold stocks and am confused at always. Some of my juniors are up 5, 8 and 15% today. But overall, my juniors are down about $300 in total. This is nearly normal bouncing +/- on any day. Meanwhile, my options and big board/Amex shares that I hold in my other account are taking a bath today giving up a lot of their gains from the last couple of weeks. I'm still up 25% on many of them, but the losers of the bunch are sucking the total way down. Unless, things go to crap overall, I'm not selling anything until 2024.
    I have to think that many of the trades last night put in sell stops (under their buys) and moved them up as the price rocketed upwards up due to the extreme volatility. Once the selling started it then hit a cascade of sell stops to the point where it started hitting protective stops even from the last couple of weeks trades. Just the kind of action to expect on violent moves.
    I'm expecting a stair step back up to near 2100 over the next several days now that the dust has settled. Then again, I'm usually wrong.

Ag guy
    live for today, admit your faults, do the right thing (even if you don't want to) & trust God!
    This life is the training of the soul for the life to come. (accept that we live in a fallen world)

wowser

Metals Date Time
    (EST) Bid Ask Change Low High

GOLD 12/04/2023 15:22 2029.40 2030.40 -41.60 -2.01% 2019.30 2071.00
    SILVER 12/04/2023 15:22 24.50 24.60 -0.93 -3.64% 24.38 25.40
    PLATINUM 12/04/2023 15:21 916.00 926.00 -18.00 -1.93% 909.00 945.00
    PALLADIUM 12/04/2023 15:12 954.00 994.00 -32.00 -3.25% 941.00 1008.00
    RHODIUM 12/04/2023 09:22 4050.00 4850.00 +50.00 +1.25%

-
    Last edited by yellowsnow; 12-04-2023 at 03:31 PM.

what happened.. Empire strikes back
    Last edited by yellowsnow; 12-04-2023 at 05:49 PM.

We're in the bouncy house...Hold on to your hat...OH...and your wallet.

Ag guy