Thread: Fake Silver Eagles Discovered

Default Fake Silver Eagles Discovered

Thomas Jefferson is credited with writing, “When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.” The seceding states in the Civil War period issued a similar declaration using the word “tyranny” as opposed to “injustice.”

I'm surprised they didn't mention that the fake Lady Liberty seems to be sporting a moustache.
    "It's the lure of easy money - It's got a very strong appeal." - Glenn Frey (The Smuggler's Blues)

"A wise and frugal government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by LeadHead View Post
    I'm surprised they didn't mention that the fake Lady Liberty seems to be sporting a moustache.
    no moustache, the new 2021 Liberty on the other hand looks like she ( is it a she or a hermaphrodite liberty - one has to please todays' worldspirit -) is wearing a monocle.

Gplditiki2+++

The new ASE-eagle design looks good, but the font is off and the text is horribly placed.. Much like the new design of the AGE. Nice artwork, but horrible execution of the final design.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomMan06 View Post
    The new ASE-eagle design looks good, but the font is off and the text is horribly placed.. Much like the new design of the AGE. Nice artwork, but horrible execution of the final design.
    I think you're dead on accurate with that assessment of the execution of that coin. The engraving/art is fine and truth to tell, I wasn't super crazy about the old design anyway. It was okay, but I was always hoping that they'd have a better, more allegorical representation of the eagle. I still do. I mean, there has to be literally thousands of artists and sculptors who could come up with a better design, and yet, this is the best they could come up with? They can still add in all of their "security" features within a better design, but so far it looks like all of the creativity and true artists are dead. Seems they'd rather stick to dead presidents and statesmen than really listen to the people that buy their products.

The new ASE design should have been on the AGE and vice versa. It actually looks like that was the intention considering the similarities between the new ASE and the old AGE. Anyway, those three/four lines of text and those stars on the AGE are a sad mistake.

Fix the location of the text on the ASE, make it in gold and it would be all good.