Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The US Federal Reserve

Guaging from todays activity, It does not appear to me that very many were enamored with the FEDs meeting results. I hear the Pied Piper I do believe.....
    Thomas Jefferson is credited with writing, “When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.” The seceding states in the Civil War period issued a similar declaration using the word “tyranny” as opposed to “injustice.”

POG up $20 - $25 so someone thinks raising interest rates to 0.9% plus no QE is not going to end well.
    American Legion Preamble: https://www.legion.org/preamble

We will get a recession from raising rates, we always do, meanwhile typical taper tantrums. Which is what the fed wants is to cool it off, it's like a motor running hot, also the politicians all millionaires and like to cycle in and out of their investments appropriately, etc.

It's time to stack cash again sigh.. I'm going to just DCA into some index funds through it all.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Superstonk/..._released_the/

Four days ago, the Federal Reserve released the names of the banks that had received $4.5 trillion in cumulative loans in the last quarter of 2019 under its emergency repo loan operations for a liquidity crisis that has yet to be credibly explained.

Among the largest borrowers were JPMorgan Chase, Goldman Sachs and Citigroup, three of the Wall Street banks that were at the center of the subprime and derivatives crisis in 2008 that brought down the U.S. economy. That’s blockbuster news. But as of 7 a.m. this morning, not one major business media outlet has reported the details of the Fed’s big reveal.

JPMorgan Chase and Citigroup’s Citibank are among the largest deposit-taking, federally-insured banks in the U.S. Why they needed to borrow from the Fed on an emergency basis in the fall of 2019.

Never before seen a total news blackout of a financial news story of this magnitude in 35 years of monitoring Wall Street and the Fed.

There’s a News Blackout on the Fed’s Naming of the Banks that Got Its Emergency Repo Loans; Some Journalists Appear to Be Under Gag Orders

https://wallstreetonparade.com/2022/...er-gag-orders/

Four days ago, the Federal Reserve released the names of the banks that had received $4.5 trillion in cumulative loans in the last quarter of 2019 under its emergency repo loan operations for a liquidity crisis that has yet to be credibly explained. Among the largest borrowers were JPMorgan Chase, Goldman Sachs and Citigroup, three of the Wall Street banks that were at the center of the subprime and derivatives crisis in 2008 that brought down the U.S. economy. That’s blockbuster news. But as of 7 a.m. this morning, not one major business media outlet has reported the details of the Fed’s big reveal.
    What's the Frequency, Kenneth?

432Hz

Good find Red.

The New York Fed holds over 50% of all assets and liabilities of the Fed even though it is only 1 of 12 Federal reserve Banks
    Its debt to equity is 317 to 1 in regards to the Fed.

Quote Originally Posted by everything1 View Post
    We will get a recession from raising rates, we always do, meanwhile typical taper tantrums. Which is what the fed wants is to cool it off, it's like a motor running hot, also the politicians all millionaires and like to cycle in and out of their investments appropriately, etc.

It's time to stack cash again sigh.. I'm going to just DCA into some index funds through it all.
    yes, i think todays purchase of 2 ozt gold coins is going to be my last for a while. stacking cash will be my go to again. i may try stacking a few wraps of 20's and 50's as well as the 100's. thank goodness for the rents that keep coming in.

Outgoing Fed Vice Chair Quietly Covered Up Suspicious Trades Made During March 2020 Market Rout

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/ou...ch-2020-market

Several months have passed since FOMC members Boston Fed President Eric Rosengren and Dallas Fed President Robert Kaplan abandoned their posts following a trading scandal that raised questions about senior Fed officials.

Now, Richard Clarida, who is already on his way out the door at the Fed to make room for Biden appointee Lael Brainard, has become the latest senior Fed official to find his way into the ethics officials' rifle sights.

Because according to the NYT, Bloomberg and a handful of other reports, Clarida sold at least $1M of shares in a US-traded stock fund in February 2020 before buying a similar amount of the same fund a few days later, on the eve of a major Fed policy announcement that would trigger an 18-month-plus torrid rally in stocks, bonds and other securities.
    What's the Frequency, Kenneth?

432Hz

Quote Originally Posted by redraspberry View Post
    Outgoing Fed Vice Chair Quietly Covered Up Suspicious Trades Made During March 2020 Market Rout

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/ou...ch-2020-market

Several months have passed since FOMC members Boston Fed President Eric Rosengren and Dallas Fed President Robert Kaplan abandoned their posts following a trading scandal that raised questions about senior Fed officials.

Now, Richard Clarida, who is already on his way out the door at the Fed to make room for Biden appointee Lael Brainard, has become the latest senior Fed official to find his way into the ethics officials' rifle sights.

Because according to the NYT, Bloomberg and a handful of other reports, Clarida sold at least $1M of shares in a US-traded stock fund in February 2020 before buying a similar amount of the same fund a few days later, on the eve of a major Fed policy announcement that would trigger an 18-month-plus torrid rally in stocks, bonds and other securities.
    If you or I did that it would be considered a "wash" sale for a tax loss after the sale and repurchase within 30 days and no tax deduction would be allowed.
    American Legion Preamble: https://www.legion.org/preamble

Default What is the Fed doing.

1) record inflation rate ( if measured in original CPI calculations)
    2) too much liquidity ( reverse repo amount indicator)
    3) FFR at 0 !!!!!!!!!!!!
    4) unemployment rate at historically good level
    5) GDP last quarter 7% annualized rate.

Perhaps they all need to get another job or there is something they know that they are not telling us, or they are simply being controlled.
    Do they understand what their mandate is?

As for what they say they are going to do - talk is cheap - Fed balance sheet is almost 9 trillion now and at another record level. Rates are still 0
    If they were going to do anything it should have started at least 6 months ago.

https://www.federalreserve.gov/relea...urrent/h41.htm

The Fed is a joke and only a matter of time before the obvious becomes too much to ignore

Feds balance sheet grew to a record once again - 8.954 trillion an increase of 43.6 billion in 1 week
    This in spite of a 16.6% increase in export prices YOY, a 10.9% increase in import prices YOY, a 10% increase in PPI prices YOY, and a 7.9% increase in CPI prices YOY.
    Totally insane.
    Add in a 3.8% unemployment rate and a 216.6 billion February treasury deficit and a new record 89.7 billion trade in goods and service ( monthly) deficit

Yes all is going just wonderful with a decelerating economy. I am sure the .25% increases every couple months will break the back of this inflation( sarcasm) . FFR currently stands at the historical high
    of .25% ( sarcasm) with record debt levels ( combined consumer/corporate/government)

I am confident that the market knows the Fed will cave at between 1.5% and 2% and choose inflation ( well over 2%) over no or negative growth.
    That is why the market remains buoyant. Invest accordingly. Of course I could be totally wrong but I doubt I am that far off.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast