Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1/4 burnished 2008-w platinum eagle

Quote Originally Posted by jrtjrt View Post
    Hi all,

Thank you for the info and time . It does not have a coa or box, it came in a generic capsule. I opened the capsule and there is a very small ding on the reeded edge of the coin, the face of the coin is flawless as is the back design. Burnished 2008-w, I know it won't get a 69-or 70 with that small chunk missing from it. I'll try to get 100$ over spot for it something along those lines. Don't really want to pay 50$ for grading it, will try to find a collector who would appreciate it. Giving the person a good deal in the process.
    Probably not worth the expense for grading in that case. But Max is right, quite often there are reps from the Grading companies at the bigger events, and they could ball park the grade for you. To bad the original owner probably took it out of the capsule and dropped it. I learned that lesson the hard way myself.
    ...be your own Health Care System... grow your own and eat well

Anyone know how to post on these threads with a picture attached, so it shows up in the field next to the text. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by jrtjrt View Post
    Anyone know how to post on these threads with a picture attached, so it shows up in the field next to the text. Thanks.
    https://imgur.com/ Set up an account if you don't have one. Copy the BBcode link and just paste it into the reply. Also, make a note of the code that drops it into a reply. I use that code to put pics into posts because it does not limit the size of the pic that is shown (unless it it some huge 747 size pic). You can also use the "Go Advanced" button below the text area to upload a pic, but it is a bit convoluted and will make you crop the size of the pic to accommodate size restrictions on the Kitco server.
    Last edited by t00nces2; 04-13-2021 at 05:54 AM.
    Now there's no more oak oppression
    They passed a noble law
    Now the trees are all kept equal
    By hatchet, axe and saw.

I will not comply.

The Tea Party... quietly plotting to take over the world,
    and leave you the hell alone!

I recently completed an analysis of the entire American Eagle series gold,silver,platinum releases highlighting the burnished, reverse proof and other specialties I.e. key dates/mintages... in ALL sizes denomination/sizes and nearly ALL carry much smaller mintages and/or higher values than their generic counterparts. For the cherry-picker, this could be a VERY interesting means of collecting an otherwise boring generic pm series with numismatic upside potential
    Gold. The only money that matters. The only money that lasts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12