Thread: Unallocated Pool accoounts - is the metal free and clear of any liens (i.e. not rehypothicated etc)

Default Unallocated Pool accoounts - is the metal free and clear of any liens (i.e. not rehypothicated etc)

It seems to me the issue is larger than whether one customer can convert from pool to physical. The issue is whether the pool literally has all the silver, or whether the pool has rehypothecated the silver. IF (and I really don't know whether Kitco does this or not, so I'm definitely not calling them out here) an unallocated pool doesn't actually have all the metal and they're running a fractional reserve system, they're operating directly against the interests of their clients by creating a "synthetic" supply of metal.

I get it, I really do. Investors who just want price action don't actually NEED the physical metal like an industrial user NEEDS the metal. But investors are starting to figure out that their demand is being sterilized, and they're converting to physical before everyone else figures it out too. It's very much analogous to an old-fashioned run on the banks.
    Govern this.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretArgentMan View Post
    It seems to me the issue is larger than whether one customer can convert from pool to physical. The issue is whether the pool literally has all the silver, or whether the pool has rehypothecated the silver. IF (and I really don't know whether Kitco does this or not, so I'm definitely not calling them out here) an unallocated pool doesn't actually have all the metal and they're running a fractional reserve system, they're operating directly against the interests of their clients by creating a "synthetic" supply of metal.

I get it, I really do. Investors who just want price action don't actually NEED the physical metal like an industrial user NEEDS the metal. But investors are starting to figure out that their demand is being sterilized, and they're converting to physical before everyone else figures it out too. It's very much analogous to an old-fashioned run on the banks.
    Hello SecretArgentMan

It is clear that Kitco - in business for 44 years - has unallocated physical metal backing every ounce owned by customers. Yes the question can be made "How is it clear? Any audits have been done?". I'm not going to attempt to answer that but I encourage anyone to call customer service for additional information.

You do bring up a valid question and concern. Is the unallocated physical metal backing customer's pool holdings clear of any form of lien? It is worthy of discussion but best served in a thread of it's own - so I'm moving this post accordingly.

Members who participate in the discussion I would ask that they be mindful of our host providing this forum and try to not cause them harm in doing so.

Thanks to all for being valued forum contributors.

edit to add: PS a special thanks SAM - now I have Johnny Rivers running around in my head https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iaR3WO71j4
    Last edited by ynot2k; 04-08-2021 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ynot2k View Post

edit to add: PS a special thanks SAM - now I have Johnny Rivers running around in my head https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iaR3WO71j4
    You're very welcome. ;-)
    Govern this.

Run the silver fist, then run the banks, makes sense to me. The fact that nobody states it is unencumbered in the pool accounts is good enough for me. TBH that's what allocated is for.

Hello all,

I was provided the following information from Kitco Metals, Inc. to post in the forum (in reply to some of the threads, so this will be redundant.).

Discussion and debate help inform all of us and Kitco welcomes same. Please keep in mind that we are guest of our host and it would be thoughtful of that if we keep the conversation to facts and not off run on unsubstantiated opinions of our host's products. To that end posts that appear to be unsubstantiated and detrimental to Kitco Metals, Inc. may be edited, moved, or deleted. If that occurs please accept it for what it is without escalating the issue which could cause further moderating actions.

Thanks to all.

Kitco Pool Accounts are unallocated accounts of precious metal deposits in which you do not have direct title to specifically allocated bullion bars or coins. As a Kitco Pool Account holder, you own a portion of a pool of precious metals held by Kitco on your behalf. Kitco will hold an equivalent amount at all times in forms including but not limited to bars, coins, or scrap. Every ounce of pool metal is covered with an ounce of metal in inventory at a bank, refinery, or Kitco vaults.

In exchange for your Kitco Pool, you can request and receive any physical precious metal bullion product available in our online store upon full payment of all applicable fabrication, shipping, and insurance charges. You can also sell your pool holdings to Kitco for full immediate payment at current market prices.

In silver, for immediate delivery, we currently have bars and rounds in sizes of 1000oz, 100, 10, and 1 oz. There is no shortage of silver in the market today. However, there is a backlog at the minting facilities of the companies who produce these products, so it's possible we may be out of stock in some of your preferred brands. We currently have products made by the Royal Canadian Mint and the US Mint on our shelves in Canada or the US, ready for immediate delivery. If you are a Kitco Pool Account hold and you'd like to exchange your pool holdings for physical, please call us at 1-877-775-4826 Mon – Thu 8:30-10 pm EST and Friday until 5 pm.

Seems to be alot of these threads popping up lately, anybody that brings up this topic forgot the old saying that "If you dont hold it you dont own it." Its good to hear Kitco stayed true to their account holders.
    Anyone that identifies themselves by the color of their skin, is a racist.
    There is only ONE race of people on this planet, the human race.

Do not be deceived, Darwin’s theory of Evolution is racist. When Darwin is properly understood, it leads to the justification for believing that certain races of people are by birth and nature superior to others and that is the definition of racism.

Or perhaps if some scumbag ETF can't deliver then all pool holders are the same and also can't deliver. Projecting from a single example to the whole market place and therefore the sky is falling. As an example of this form of crazy logic, if you aren't woke then you are therefore a deplorable smelly Walmart shopper. Painting with a very very wide brush.
    American Legion Preamble: https://www.legion.org/preamble