View Poll Results: Where do you put your assets to protect them?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • There will be no "Great Reset"

1 5.88%
  • Cash

7 41.18%
  • PM's

13 76.47%
  • Stocks

6 35.29%
  • Bonds

1 5.88%
  • Crypto's

6 35.29%
  • Ammo

9 52.94%
  • Food

7 41.18%
  • Land

7 41.18%
  • Other

5 29.41%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Where to Keep Assets

the china model is the envy of TPTB.
    A digital crypto fedcoin/DUSD will be the backbone of cashless society.
    It's crypto because the TPTB don't want anyone else to hack, decode or counterfeit it like the FRN.
    PM will be great for bartering, in localized area.
    decentralized crypto will be great for larger and international transaction, as US want to control capital flow.
    Last edited by yellowsnow; 04-07-2021 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 300WBY View Post
    We are working on a Gatling pie flinger that will launch a dozen pies with each complete crank...
    Excellent. I would like to see that...

Quote Originally Posted by bronkster1967 View Post
    I see what you did there! Ha ha! Yes, I think that if such an "offer" really took place, the ignorant masses would stand in line for hours or days to complete such an exchange and all those dirty, nasty, cocaine encrusted, Covid-19 infected "dollars" (as they suggest) would be eliminated fairly quickly and without much ado. It would probably look like pre-Covid times when people would camp out to get tickets for their favorite rock music concert.

It would be interesting to see what the DUSD to POG ratio would be pegged at- at least initially. I'm thinking that all forms of discreet, no 3rd party risk, type wealth would take on increased importance, but I don't have an answer to that question...
    I would. Not for any reason other than it would be worth absolutely nothing after the deadline.
    Now there's no more oak oppression
    They passed a noble law
    Now the trees are all kept equal
    By hatchet, axe and saw.

I will not comply.

The Tea Party... quietly plotting to take over the world,
    and leave you the hell alone!

Quote Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
    the china model is the envy of TPTB.
    A digital crypto fedcoin/DUSD will be the backbone of cashless society.
    It's crypto because the TPTB don't want anyone else to hack, decode or counterfeit it like the FRN.
    envy or using china as a test model before US implementation
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/china-c...NPv4NSjhzH79ro

There will be no reset – It’s already here, the question is how far reaching will it be?

Cash – currently very useful but the future of it is unwritten. Strong hands want it gone. The history of Fiat is not promising.

PM’s – Thousands of years of history are hard to erase. Since 1971, a very good investment so far, but they have been confiscated before

Stocks – currently on fire, but when the fed turns off the money supply, that game will end quickly. Currently this is a very good tool for redistribution of wealth.

Bonds – what? No interest? Zero takers? Is there no faith in government debt?

Crypto – It’s on fire now, but it has a lot of flaws, power outage, hackers, open door to negative interest rates, etc

Ammo – It’s been a good investment over the past year for sure, more than doubling in price. It’s value going forward is yet to be seen. What are you really going to do with a big stockpile? What are you going to do with more than 100 rounds? Defend yourself? Against what? For how long?

Food – A stockpile is good for short term, but long term, you need production. The game animals in the US forest will not support 300 million for long.

Land – is yours as long as you can keep it, much like a Constitutional Republic. Land can be taken by increased taxes or force.

Other??

What is best, in my opinion, is if we all work together & maintain production of needed commodities. The greatest problems we currently face are man made. If the problem causers were identified & removed from power, things would be much different.
    Last edited by SilverPalm; 04-07-2021 at 04:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by t00nces2 View Post
    I would. Not for any reason other than it would be worth absolutely nothing after the deadline.
    And that's exactly how they'd get the rest of us strong willed holdouts- basically because we'd have to or else get left behind. In any case, they win. They always do and all we can do is try to find ways around it like PM's.

Quote Originally Posted by bronkster1967 View Post
    And that's exactly how they'd get the rest of us strong willed holdouts- basically because we'd have to or else get left behind. In any case, they win. They always do and all we can do is try to find ways around it like PM's.
    I would continue to hold my pre '65 coins. I doubt they would lose value, but I am sure there would be idiots who turned them in so as not to be left behind.
    Now there's no more oak oppression
    They passed a noble law
    Now the trees are all kept equal
    By hatchet, axe and saw.

I will not comply.

The Tea Party... quietly plotting to take over the world,
    and leave you the hell alone!

Physical cash will be difficult to stop. I don't see it happening in my lifetime. Too many yard sales, Amish, beggars, farmers markets, tips, unbanked, illegals, drug trade. under the table pay, etc. Almost ALL of the Latina's in my area use CASH and CASH alone. The Amish and Mennonites only use CASH.

Electronic cash only works in the mind of a lunatic from SillyCon valley.

I still think they can have "CBDC" and still leave physical cash in place. They just need to the majority of the sheep to buy in. My theory is that Crypto was created by a TLA who wanted to make sure they could still pass $ after physical cash is gone. I just think the elimination of cash will be painful. They need the boomers and Gen X to die off first.
    Last edited by Atlas Shrugged; 04-08-2021 at 08:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by t00nces2 View Post
    I would continue to hold my pre '65 coins. I doubt they would lose value, but I am sure there would be idiots who turned them in so as not to be left behind.
    I am absolutely doing just that. I don't see them losing value, either. If anything, I can see 90% Constitutional coinage taking on a more important role as so many people out there have at least some. If all this zombie apocalypse/TEOTWAWKI/1984 Big Brother stuff happens (some think it's happening as we speak, but that's for another time), IMO besides all of the tradeable barter items people would use, people will still want to use some form of "money". Even if it's only for after any reset. What better to use than that which is already recognized by large(r) amounts of the populace? At first, I would think that coins with an actual face value would be easier to determine their "true value". (Apologies to the hardware store with the same name)

Obviously this is all conjecture on my part since out of all the things I own, a crystal ball is not one of them. And I hate the term "common sense" because it's so overused and bastardized in ways like "common sense gun reform" to suit political purposes. It would seem to be common sense that even if there's only a "black market" that exists regarding silver coins, gold coins and PM's in general, more and more people will utilize such a market if only to attempt an escape from the all seeing eyes and arms of the gov't.. I'm not disregarding the use of bars and rounds- I just think that coins with discernable face values will at least initially be easier for people to understand and trade if TPTB are able to pull this thing off.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlas Shrugged View Post
    Physical cash will be difficult to stop. I don't see it happening in my lifetime. Too many yard sales, Amish, beggars, farmers markets, tips, unbanked, illegals, drug trade. under the table pay, etc. Almost ALL of the Latina's in my area use CASH and CASH alone. The Amish and Mennonites only use CASH.

Electronic cash only works in the mind of a lunatic from SillyCon valley.

I still think they can have "CBDC" and still leave physical cash in place. They just need to the majority of the sheep to buy in. My theory is that Crypto was created by a TLA who wanted to make sure they could still pass $ after physical cash is gone. I just think the elimination of cash will be painful. They need the boomers and Gen X to die off first.
    I agree that it would probably be difficult to stop the use of physical cash transactions. I'm really hoping that we're right about that too. As you said, there are many different ways that it's used that are beneficial to the user and not the banks. A lot of my concern lies with just how many people use electronic means to buy or sell something. Apparently, the number is approximately 25% of people in this country who use cash primarily as a method of payment as opposed to credit cards/debit cards. That number is also shrinking as time goes on and the amount is usually under $10. Hell, even people who receive government assistance don't get "welfare checks" anymore- they receive their EBT cards loaded with whatever amount they get. The reasoning behind that (as I recall) was that it removed the stigma and embarrassment of getting one and having to cash it in front of other people. Globally however, it's apparently a different story and cash is used more often.

And maybe it's me being behind the times, but I've had more than my share of (usually) young(er) people offer to buy something from me with Venmo or Cashapp or other electronic forms of payment. When I said sorry, but no and directed them to the nearest ATM, about half of them came back with actual FRN's. The rest didn't. Oh, well. As a Gen X'er who does reasonably well selling at a flea market as a side gig, I still only accept cash or PM's even though some other sellers there accept credit and debit cards. I'm okay with that. I will resist this ever-leaning electronic/trackable means for as long as I can and continue to stack PM's in the meantime.

Like you, I don't see how they can justify going entirely CBDC and not leave some cash in place. I do think the majority of the sheep would buy into it- most willingly and some begrudgingly, but it's coming whether we like it or not. IMO, it'd be smart for anyone in the aforementioned businesses to start thinking carefully in case TPTB are able to pull the wool over people's eyes.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast