View Poll Results: Where do you put your assets to protect them?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • There will be no "Great Reset"

1 5.88%
  • Cash

7 41.18%
  • PM's

13 76.47%
  • Stocks

6 35.29%
  • Bonds

1 5.88%
  • Crypto's

6 35.29%
  • Ammo

9 52.94%
  • Food

7 41.18%
  • Land

7 41.18%
  • Other

5 29.41%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Where to Keep Assets

Quote Originally Posted by Miteysquirrel View Post
    4 people voted Ammo.....3 food....you need food more than ammo.

Gold and silver are bought when you have everything else.
    When their food is gone there will be many who would try to take what little you have left, those bullets you saved could save your life that is, unless you would rather throw a pie at them...
    Build a fire and warm a man for a day.
    Set him on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life
    .:

If you see something...Shoot something! Ima Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by 300WBY View Post
    You can't eat bullets any more than you can eat gold and silver but those things will likely get you food in trade or those bullets can kill your family some dinner...
    Loads of food running around the forest. And there is loads of food in the forest if you know what to eat. Most people have no clue. Plus I live near the Amish, and they don't "stack" food, per se. Except tubers.
    Last edited by Atlas Shrugged; 04-07-2021 at 07:56 AM.

When their food is gone there will be many who would try to take what little you have left, those bullets you saved could save your life that is, unless you would rather throw a pie at them...
    That would only be effective with a high capacity pie magazine.

No doubt that Ammo is needed. But this "Mad Max" scenario is far overhyped...redundant?? If you need to shoot people in order to protect your food, society has completely broken down...is it possible, yeah, but how likely?

I prefer to see the hardships people will face as making us better people and more sympathetic to each other. Part of the reason im so prepared and stacked is to be able to help those that truly need it.
    Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason. -Mark Twain

The purpose of life is to matter, to be productive, to have it make some difference that you lived at all. -Leo Rosten

Quote Originally Posted by Miteysquirrel View Post
    No doubt that Ammo is needed. But this "Mad Max" scenario is far overhyped...redundant?? If you need to shoot people in order to protect your food, society has completely broken down...is it possible, yeah, but how likely?

I prefer to see the hardships people will face as making us better people and more sympathetic to each other. Part of the reason im so prepared and stacked is to be able to help those that truly need it.
    The ammo is mainly for deer, elk, squirrels, etc. For me, unless it is a drugged out nutjob who is a threat, I will not be shooting people who just need to eat. If it ever comes to that, I will be part of the solution and feeding of the people who ask.

#1 on any list should be a clean water source. You can go a month without eating, but you wont live 3 days without water.

If you dont live near water, you have a serious problem.

If you live near water you need filters, like a Berkey or those hand held water filter bottles.
    Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason. -Mark Twain

The purpose of life is to matter, to be productive, to have it make some difference that you lived at all. -Leo Rosten

Quote Originally Posted by Atlas Shrugged View Post
    That would only be effective with a high capacity pie magazine.
    We are working on a Gatling pie flinger that will launch a dozen pies with each complete crank...
    Last edited by 300WBY; 04-07-2021 at 11:54 AM.
    Build a fire and warm a man for a day.
    Set him on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life
    .:

If you see something...Shoot something! Ima Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by t00nces2 View Post
    My thought is that crypto currencies will survive as an way to do transactions outside the government issued digital coin. One way or another, the coders will figure out a way to move cryptocoins that will be hidden from authoritarian observation. They may "make them illegal", but how well has that worked out for pot and gambling and prostitution and guns and....
    You're probably right with your first thought. My concern lies with what happens if/when the gov't. did make them illegal. Or, can the gov't actually do such a thing? Like you said, pot and gambling and prostitution and even alcohol were all illegal at one point. Regarding firearms, it's clearly obvious that they already control them too much and want to eliminate them entirely, so that total control over the masses could be implemented. And without talking all "internet keyboard warrior" tough, all I'll say is they WON'T get mine. But I think when the gov't realized that instead of fighting such formerly illegal things, they could actually benefit from the taxing of them, they changed their tune pretty damn quickly. Obviously they wouldn't want competition for their own crypto/digital dollar, but if they somehow couldn't end it altogether (which is what I take from the many comments on it), what if any, regulations could they impose on Bitcoin, Ethereum and the (probably 1,000) others that already exist or may exist? Just spitballin' here since I don't own any of them. There're just too many unanswered questions for me personally that I can't seem to find concrete answers for.

I'm much more of a metals guy even though I won't knock cryptos or anyone who desires to own such. Nor do I look at it as "I missed the boat" - just that I'm an analog guy in a digital world, and at this point in my life, I'm too old to be jealous of others who've done well whether I believe it's speculative or not. I know what I know and what I trust and I've certainly missed many "investment" opportunities before so I never cry over spilled milk. I just move forward. Problem for me is I don't have hacker-type abilities. I barely know how to turn a computer on or know where to put in the gasoline, so I certainly couldn't "hide" cryptos from a nosey gov't who wants to control every single aspect of our lives.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
    Hey . . the poll %'s above add to 333%. What???

All we are is DUSD in the wind. Yup, that scheme would get the FRNs out of circulation pretty quickly. . . but what is the DUSD to POG ratio?

Agree. It's inevitable.

None of those vices use the internet. Couldn't they just turn off the electronic access to the trading platforms and websites? By making it super difficult to use, it is the same as make them illegal. Plus, if the purpose is to track transactions, only the most brazen of criminals will risk actually using a crypto other than the DUSD.
    I see what you did there! Ha ha! Yes, I think that if such an "offer" really took place, the ignorant masses would stand in line for hours or days to complete such an exchange and all those dirty, nasty, cocaine encrusted, Covid-19 infected "dollars" (as they suggest) would be eliminated fairly quickly and without much ado. It would probably look like pre-Covid times when people would camp out to get tickets for their favorite rock music concert.

It would be interesting to see what the DUSD to POG ratio would be pegged at- at least initially. I'm thinking that all forms of discreet, no 3rd party risk, type wealth would take on increased importance, but I don't have an answer to that question...

My thought is if we went all digital it would just squeeze gold and silver people more because they will track it, tax it, report it, etc. I don't see mad max at all. Worst case scenario is a war. But even that is minor because how would anyone fight America. The real men of America are rural , spread out and armed. They could never touch a city because our cities are filled with blight, teeming with needy, etc. Our cities probably cost more than they deliver, except Manhattan, maybe Boston. I just see inflation etc. My better half recently purchased a house and I feel in 25 years the locked in low interest rate and principal will not matter much. The question will always be how high are the taxes and insurance. I had family in CT who got houses in the 70's so cheap, taxes were almost 80% what they closed on the house. I see that kind of inflation, except in 20 years instead of 40. Our 150k house will be worth 3 million taxes will be 80k, average income will be around 1.5 million a year. You might make 750k entry level stocker or stimy collector.

Mad Max you want to bury stuff and call your stashed goods eggs so you remember not to put them all in a basket. Mad Max is all about potable water, vitamins, mobility, I bet a few quality sneakers would be worth gold in 6 months of a complete collapse with the lights out. It would be like 1700's war where they all feared dying by a bullet but instead died by scurvy, dissentry, and infections. Mobility will be everything if there is looting or your hunted. If you were in my group and were carrying silver instead of water, vitamins, etc, you would die, and your silver would probably go in the same near useless hole.
    Last edited by Bobmhey; 04-07-2021 at 08:54 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast