View Poll Results: Where do you put your assets to protect them?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • There will be no "Great Reset"

1 5.88%
  • Cash

7 41.18%
  • PM's

13 76.47%
  • Stocks

6 35.29%
  • Bonds

1 5.88%
  • Crypto's

6 35.29%
  • Ammo

9 52.94%
  • Food

7 41.18%
  • Land

7 41.18%
  • Other

5 29.41%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Where to Keep Assets

Quote Originally Posted by Atlas Shrugged View Post
    Physical cash will be difficult to stop. I don't see it happening in my lifetime. Too many yard sales, Amish, beggars, farmers markets, tips, unbanked, illegals, drug trade. under the table pay, etc. Almost ALL of the Latina's in my area use CASH and CASH alone. The Amish and Mennonites only use CASH.

Electronic cash only works in the mind of a lunatic from SillyCon valley.

I still think they can have "CBDC" and still leave physical cash in place. They just need to the majority of the sheep to buy in. My theory is that Crypto was created by a TLA who wanted to make sure they could still pass $ after physical cash is gone. I just think the elimination of cash will be painful. They need the boomers and Gen X to die off first.
    The thing is Atlas, if the government says the cash is no longer supported by the government, no one will take it. If it is not turned in and converted to the US digicoin, it will be nothing but a starter for the fireplace (too rough to use to wipe with). I don't see it surviving.
    Now there's no more oak oppression
    They passed a noble law
    Now the trees are all kept equal
    By hatchet, axe and saw.

I will not comply.

The Tea Party... quietly plotting to take over the world,
    and leave you the hell alone!

Beck maybe right, in 2122.

Just wait until the grid goes down due to a solar coronal mass ejection (CME). The Silly-CON valley bois will be in deep trouble. Load of people are addicted to TV, video games, social media, etc. After the grid goes down, all heck will break loose.

Quote Originally Posted by t00nces2 View Post
    The thing is Atlas, if the government says the cash is no longer supported by the government, no one will take it. If it is not turned in and converted to the US digicoin, it will be nothing but a starter for the fireplace (too rough to use to wipe with). I don't see it surviving.
    I don't see it happening in our lifetime. Any natural even that cuts power makes physical cash a necessity.

I don't see it happening in our lifetime. Any natural even that cuts power makes physical cash a necessity.
    No doubt. I just can't imagine the same good folks that brought us the Federal Reserve and evaporating cash wouldn't have the foresight to anticipate those issues.... (/sarc)
    Now there's no more oak oppression
    They passed a noble law
    Now the trees are all kept equal
    By hatchet, axe and saw.

I will not comply.

The Tea Party... quietly plotting to take over the world,
    and leave you the hell alone!

Now there is news of crypto having an expiration date - https://www.zerohedge.com/crypto/chi...xpiration-date

So much for it being a store of wealth

Quote Originally Posted by SilverPalm View Post
    Now there is news of crypto having an expiration date - https://www.zerohedge.com/crypto/chi...xpiration-date

i did not read the link, because i don't have to.

problem is, you think crypto yuan is similar to btc because it is called 'crypto' yuan.
    Crypto yuan is fiat with better surveillance and control.
    I can say that to land ownership in china too. If u buy a house in china, the land expires in 20-70 years.
    Therefore, land is lousy store of wealth too by your example.

US fed is very envy of china.
    Fedcoin will come pretty soon.

I've already seen what happens when the power goes out and so many with only credit cards need to make payment at their restaurants: they will have them fill out their card info and sign for the amount due.

I suppose one could do similar with smart phone -- and transfer from smart phone to smart phone is possible with the grid down, as with Venmo.

Agree that cash will not be banned in our lifetime -- rather I see a slow death as the largest unit ($100) becomes ever more worthless. In our lifetime, we may need $100 just to by lunch, at that point it will become impractical to use for larger purchases. Already, I've grown tired of counting such bills when contractors pay for my services in cash -- which is why I let them know of greater discounts if payment is made in gold bullion.

"For Your Safety" is the new slogan that is killing cash use ever faster. Ironically, the one group I have seen most effective in defending the use of cash are those concerned for the poor, usually on the left, as the poor often do not have credit cards or bank accounts. I will vote with them on this one issue.
    Last edited by motocat; 04-13-2021 at 02:44 PM.
    “Of all the contrivances for cheating the laboring class of mankind, none has been more effective than that which deludes them with paper money.”Daniel Webster (1782-1852)

Quote Originally Posted by SilverPalm View Post

here's the ABC of crypto yuan
    like i had said before, if US adopted btc as parallel to USD for world currency, china's hope to dethrone the USD would just be a fantasy. To dethrone 2 columns (USD and btc) would be very hard.
    Last edited by yellowsnow; 04-14-2021 at 02:06 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345