View Poll Results: Where do you put your assets to protect them?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • There will be no "Great Reset"

1 5.88%
  • Cash

7 41.18%
  • PM's

13 76.47%
  • Stocks

6 35.29%
  • Bonds

1 5.88%
  • Crypto's

6 35.29%
  • Ammo

9 52.94%
  • Food

7 41.18%
  • Land

7 41.18%
  • Other

5 29.41%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Where to Keep Assets

Default Where to Keep Assets

Shady schitt is going on everywhere. I watched Glenn beck special last Wednesday where he talked about the conversion of our dollars into new digital worldcoins and the haircut we will get in order to pay for the money we have printed and The Great Reset. I am trying to figure out where to hide $$$'s away from the devaluation should our fearless leaders decide that they need to steal from the people in order to save their asses. He was saying any cash you hold will be required to turn in and converted to the new digital currency with an increasing load placed on conversion... 20% to start, a couple weeks later, say 30%... Until cash money only good for burning. Stocks? PM's? Crypto? Ammo? Food? Where can assets be placed to protect them from government theft?
    Now there's no more oak oppression
    They passed a noble law
    Now the trees are all kept equal
    By hatchet, axe and saw.

I will not comply.

The Tea Party... quietly plotting to take over the world,
    and leave you the hell alone!

Scatter your money around...the cash you have, start using it...we are nowhere near the implementation of this....so theres plenty of time.

I think 5-10 yrs down the road is more likely.

Cases of freeze dry 30 yr food is a good way to spend the cash...you cant eat bullets.
    Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason. -Mark Twain

The purpose of life is to matter, to be productive, to have it make some difference that you lived at all. -Leo Rosten

You omitted the bottom of the lake as an option.

My clairvoyant hat has turned to tinfoil. That said, If we knew the answer to your question, we could all sleep better at night.
    I like Glen Beck. Just be aware that spin doctors are hard at work >>>
    Thomas Jefferson is credited with writing, “When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.” The seceding states in the Civil War period issued a similar declaration using the word “tyranny” as opposed to “injustice.”

A friend of mine also heard this Glenn Beck "report" and he told me what he'd heard. This is 2nd hand information, so please take it with a grain of salt... Also, please correct me if anything I get here is wrong- I did NOT hear this program myself and am only relating to you what he told me.

Apparently the impetus is to eliminate the use of cash/currency and "force" the people to use this DUSD- digital U.S. Dollar which I think we all knew was a matter of when, and not if, was hastened by the rise and popularity of cryptocurrencies and PM's. TPTB cannot stand for anyone to be able to operate outside of their system. They must be able to track and monitor all spending. It would be implemented by initially offering 80 DUSD's for every physical dollar/FRN and then after a set incremental amount of time it would decrease the percentage offered to 50 to 1 and so on until all cash is eliminated and worthless. Anyone here think that people in general won't flock to do this in order to "get as much as they can while they can"?

I try looking at it a totally different way. It would instantly screw over people in service industries who depend on tips to get by. Naturally, they must all report every single cent they receive, since it'll be electronic and/or on paper and would now be considered reportable income and hence, subject to taxes. But suuuure, they're only going to tax families making over $400,000. MM hmm, and if you believe that, I have some bridges to sell you. Waiters, waitresses, bartenders, car wash attendants, garage sales, flea markets and many, many more jobs/occupations will be affected. IF this turns out to be the case, things are going to change and really quickly and not for the better.

So the big question would seem to be what, if anything, such as the OP has inquired, will trend towards being used as a way to hide wealth? Probably all of the above to some degree, but I can also see a situation where bartering takes a much larger role in certain transactions of everyday life. And yes, I don't think it's a stretch to believe that PM's will also take a much larger role in importance for a lot of people. Thing is, if it can't be converted into "cash", then perhaps it's true value will be recognized. Thoughts, comments?

The pressure to go cashless will not stop till they get it....they ALWAYS get what they want.

They cant do it by force....they must have the majority in FAVOR of it...and with the morons we have in this country and elsewhere that are dependent on the generosity of TAXPAYERS becoming a MAJORITY more and more every day....they WILL get it done.

Glad I'm at the downside of my life, this is not a world id like to live in.
    Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason. -Mark Twain

The purpose of life is to matter, to be productive, to have it make some difference that you lived at all. -Leo Rosten

Quote Originally Posted by Miteysquirrel View Post
    Scatter your money around...the cash you have, start using it...we are nowhere near the implementation of this....so theres plenty of time.

I think 5-10 yrs down the road is more likely.

Cases of freeze dry 30 yr food is a good way to spend the cash...you cant eat bullets.
    You can't eat bullets any more than you can eat gold and silver but those things will likely get you food in trade or those bullets can kill your family some dinner...
    Build a fire and warm a man for a day.
    Set him on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life
    .:

If you see something...Shoot something! Ima Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by bronkster1967 View Post
    A friend of mine also heard this Glenn Beck "report" and he told me what he'd heard. This is 2nd hand information, so please take it with a grain of salt... Also, please correct me if anything I get here is wrong- I did NOT hear this program myself and am only relating to you what he told me.

Apparently the impetus is to eliminate the use of cash/currency and "force" the people to use this DUSD- digital U.S. Dollar which I think we all knew was a matter of when, and not if, was hastened by the rise and popularity of cryptocurrencies and PM's. TPTB cannot stand for anyone to be able to operate outside of their system. They must be able to track and monitor all spending. It would be implemented by initially offering 80 DUSD's for every physical dollar/FRN and then after a set incremental amount of time it would decrease the percentage offered to 50 to 1 and so on until all cash is eliminated and worthless. Anyone here think that people in general won't flock to do this in order to "get as much as they can while they can"?

I try looking at it a totally different way. It would instantly screw over people in service industries who depend on tips to get by. Naturally, they must all report every single cent they receive, since it'll be electronic and/or on paper and would now be considered reportable income and hence, subject to taxes. But suuuure, they're only going to tax families making over $400,000. MM hmm, and if you believe that, I have some bridges to sell you. Waiters, waitresses, bartenders, car wash attendants, garage sales, flea markets and many, many more jobs/occupations will be affected. IF this turns out to be the case, things are going to change and really quickly and not for the better.

So the big question would seem to be what, if anything, such as the OP has inquired, will trend towards being used as a way to hide wealth? Probably all of the above to some degree, but I can also see a situation where bartering takes a much larger role in certain transactions of everyday life. And yes, I don't think it's a stretch to believe that PM's will also take a much larger role in importance for a lot of people. Thing is, if it can't be converted into "cash", then perhaps it's true value will be recognized. Thoughts, comments?
    My thought is that crypto currencies will survive as an way to do transactions outside the government issued digital coin. One way or another, the coders will figure out a way to move cryptocoins that will be hidden from authoritarian observation. They may "make them illegal", but how well has that worked out for pot and gambling and prostitution and guns and....
    They passed a noble law
    By hatchet, axe and saw.

I will not comply.

Quote Originally Posted by 300WBY View Post
    You can't eat bullets any more than you can eat gold and silver but those things will likely get you food in trade or those bullets can kill your family some dinner...
    4 people voted Ammo.....3 food....you need food more than ammo.

Gold and silver are bought when you have everything else.

Hey . . the poll %'s above add to 333%. What???

Quote Originally Posted by bronkster1967 View Post
    ... initially offering 80 DUSD's for every physical dollar/FRN and then after a set incremental amount of time it would decrease the percentage offered to 50 to 1 and so on until all cash is eliminated and worthless. Anyone here think that people in general won't flock to do this in order to "get as much as they can while they can"?
    All we are is DUSD in the wind. Yup, that scheme would get the FRNs out of circulation pretty quickly. . . but what is the DUSD to POG ratio?

Quote Originally Posted by Miteysquirrel View Post
    The pressure to go cashless will not stop till they get it....they ALWAYS get what they want.
    Agree. It's inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by t00nces2 View Post
    My thought is that crypto currencies will survive as an way to do transactions outside the government issued digital coin. One way or another, the coders will figure out a way to move cryptocoins that will be hidden from authoritarian observation. They may "make them illegal", but how well has that worked out for pot and gambling and prostitution and guns and....
    None of those vices use the internet. Couldn't they just turn off the electronic access to the trading platforms and websites? By making it super difficult to use, it is the same as make them illegal. Plus, if the purpose is to track transactions, only the most brazen of criminals will risk actually using a crypto other than the DUSD.
    No his mind is not for rent
    To any god or government
    Always hopeful, yet discontent
    He knows changes aren't permanent
    But change is

Quote Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
    Hey . . the poll %'s above add to 333%. What???

None of those vices use the internet. Couldn't they just turn off the electronic access to the trading platforms and websites? By making it super difficult to use, it is the same as make them illegal. Plus, if the purpose is to track transactions, only the most brazen of criminals will risk actually using a crypto other than the DUSD.
    You can make multiple selections. I figured that people would have more than one avenue to shelter their goodies.

Many cryptos use decentralized platform, so there is really no one place to stop traffic to.
    They passed a noble law
    By hatchet, axe and saw.

I will not comply.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast