Thread: Arbitrage Opportunity Take possession of 200+ ounces for only $24.75 per ounce!

Default Arbitrage Opportunity Take possession of 200+ ounces for only $24.75 per ounce!

With Kinesis.money, you can take delivery with as little as 200 ounces, with a fee of $100 and 0.45%, so at current spot + fees you would pick up 200 ounces @ $24.75 each ounce plus shipping. Very doable, and those 100 oz bars are going for between $2700-2900 easy!
    Last edited by ynot2k; 03-31-2021 at 06:44 AM. Reason: removed affiliate marketing link
    Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

Quote Originally Posted by Agbug View Post
    With Kinesis.money, you can take delivery with as little as 200 ounces, with a fee of $100 and 0.45%, so at current spot + fees you would pick up 200 ounces @ $24.75 each ounce plus shipping. Very doable, and those 100 oz bars are going for between $2700-2900 easy!
    Actually buying physical at that price is certainly attractive. Verifying large bars requires equipment that I do not have, so I would only buy them from a well known source, like Kitco, a local shop that allows me to use their PMV, or a supplier that allows me to melt & sample test with acid before paying. ...but that is just me.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverPalm View Post
    Actually buying physical at that price is certainly attractive. Verifying large bars requires equipment that I do not have, so I would only buy them from a well known source, like Kitco, a local shop that allows me to use their PMV, or a supplier that allows me to melt & sample test with acid before paying. ...but that is just me.
    good luck with that idea silverpalm. i havent heard of any suppliers that would accept your offer to pay after receiving and testing with acid. that is exactly why i bought the electronic precious metals verifier for gold, silver, platinum, paladium and rhodium. an $800 investment for immediate verification when buying/selling in person seemed a logical thing for me to do. good luck with your metals.

Quote Originally Posted by maxwellsilverhammer View Post
    good luck with that idea silverpalm. i havent heard of any suppliers that would accept your offer to pay after receiving and testing with acid. that is exactly why i bought the electronic precious metals verifier for gold, silver, platinum, paladium and rhodium. an $800 investment for immediate verification when buying/selling in person seemed a logical thing for me to do. good luck with your metals.
    I agree that few sellers would accept a destructive test prior to purchase. I occasionally find acid test spots on older junk coins, but it is the exception, not the rule. A larger bar would need to be drilled or melted before testing with acid, to ensure that it is not plated. That makes the option even less acceptable to a perspective seller.

I agree that the PMV is a worthwhile investment if you plan to trade a lot of bars. I do not trade in bars enough to make it worthwhile for me. At this time, I prefer to trade in coins & use a ping test that costs me little.

Some bars have been found that would pass a PMV test, but were actually not real gold. The cores were a copper alloy with similar magnetic properties. A weight & measurement test would have caught them. The density was off. The bars that weighed correctly were oversized by an easily measurable amount. An experienced buyer could even catch the difference in thickness by eye. The stamping quality of the bars was very good. The packaging was pretty convincing unless you had a real one right next to it.

PMV catches tungsten cores. Weight & measurement tests catch copper alloy cores.

I just googled up a few examples -
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KH7oOH04f-8
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kg0mxUC1trY

Reuters even covered the story to some extent
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-g...-idUSKCN1VI0DD
    Last edited by SilverPalm; 03-31-2021 at 01:07 PM.

Sample testing with acid won't prevent you from buying a tungsten filled bar with silver poured around the core.
    Do your own due diligence

I stand united with my friends & family in Canada who seek freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by LongDonSilver View Post
    Sample testing with acid won't prevent you from buying a tungsten filled bar with silver poured around the core.
    That is why I said that the bar would need to be drilled or melted first to be effectively tested with acid

Agree with you!