Page 1 of 12 123456711 ... LastLast

Thread: Basel III

Default Basel III

"Beginning in June of 2021, Basel III rules will require banks to hold unencumbered physical gold valued at 100%. Unallocated paper gold receipts will not be considered equal assets for the purpose of evaluating financial strength." Might cause a mess?

(my suspicion) while all eyes are on the "silver squeeze" noises, slight of hand brings down the price of Gold ( by selling the paper) and the other hand buys the physical while the price is low.

Link Here
    Last edited by vertical1; 03-30-2021 at 08:05 PM.
    Thomas Jefferson is credited with writing, “When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.” The seceding states in the Civil War period issued a similar declaration using the word “tyranny” as opposed to “injustice.”

I listened to the Andrew McGuire video on that article earlier today. He sounds like he knows what he is talking about. It looks very positive for gold.

https://youtu.be/jErcxVAx_ME

If you do some searching there are even more "experts" saying the same thing.
    Metals are for Investors who take more risk with what’s Real, and less with what’s not. Author unknown

I've been stating for a long time that come June things will get interesting. Banks need to clean up their balance sheets unless they once again get the Basel rules pushed off to a later date. I'm betting they won't be able to do so this time. So I've been planning for a paper smack down until the TPTB get themselves out of their short positions and go long in time for June's deadline. Could get interesting in the next few weeks as they get fully engaged in trying to buy low.
    Do your own due diligence

I stand united with my friends & family in Canada who seek freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by vertical1 View Post
    "Beginning in June of 2021, Basel III rules will require banks to hold unencumbered physical gold valued at 100%. Unallocated paper gold receipts will not be considered equal assets for the purpose of evaluating financial strength." Might cause a mess?

(my suspicion) while all eyes are on the "silver squeeze" noises, slight of hand brings down the price of Gold ( by selling the paper) and the other hand buys the physical while the price is low.

Link Here
    It cost nothing to have tick to say "verified" and continue to print trillions after trillions for Covid-19 money and never ending scam. The scam cycle will have higher frequencies given all financial experts has learnt to perfect the create and reset cycle.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors. ~ Thomas Jefferson

Link Here
    I commented on this quite a while back. It was certainly over a year ago. At that time, Mateo Salvini had just let the cat out of the bag & had opined that it was a step towards the return of the gold standard. I expected fireworks to follow shortly after, but the fireworks did not appear, At that time, gold was elevated to tier 1 status, along with sovereign debt, as a backing asset. Hearing that banks will be required to hold gold is new information for me, & contrary to what I have read in the past.

Andrew Maguire is not someone I pay close attention to. In the past he has proven to be most useful as a contrarian indicator in my experiance.

Until massive inflation sets in, I do not expect to see the rocket ride in gold price, but that is just my personal guess.

We can only hope that these recent banking shocks will make the regulators follow through and not extend any deadlines.

https://www.kitco.com/news/2021-03-3...se-Nomura.html
    Metals are for Investors who take more risk with what’s Real, and less with what’s not. Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by WhackNStack View Post
    We can only hope that these recent banking shocks will make the regulators follow through and not extend any deadlines.

https://www.kitco.com/news/2021-03-3...se-Nomura.html
    If recent history is to be any indicator, it would seem more likely, they will get a pass & a bailout, on the backs of the tax payers.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverPalm View Post
    I commented on this quite a while back. It was certainly over a year ago.
    SilverPalm I recall seeing that post but thought I would bring the subject up again since the deadline on this Basel III looms near.
    Thanks.
    Thomas Jefferson is credited with writing, “When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.” The seceding states in the Civil War period issued a similar declaration using the word “tyranny” as opposed to “injustice.”

SilverPalm I recall seeing that post but thought I would bring the subject up again since the deadline on this Basel III looms near.
    Thanks.
    Thank you for renewing interest in this potentially influential subject. I consider it very worthy of discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverPalm View Post
    I commented on this quite a while back. It was certainly over a year ago. At that time, Mateo Salvini had just let the cat out of the bag & had opined that it was a step towards the return of the gold standard. I expected fireworks to follow shortly after, but the fireworks did not appear, At that time, gold was elevated to tier 1 status, along with sovereign debt, as a backing asset. Hearing that banks will be required to hold gold is new information for me, & contrary to what I have read in the past.

Andrew Maguire is not someone I pay close attention to. In the past he has proven to be most useful as a contrarian indicator in my experiance.

Until massive inflation sets in, I do not expect to see the rocket ride in gold price, but that is just my personal guess.
    No, you are right. This is just another one of those "any day now" cases which won't happen for a long time and definitely not for the stated reason.

It's all bull manure.

Page 1 of 12 123456711 ... LastLast