Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Silver dip - 24.40

Quote Originally Posted by ifionlyhadsomegold View Post
    I am adding to my physical at these levels.
    Good luck finding it anywhere near these levels.
    "Compulsory altruism is none too altruistic." - me

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

I tend to buy semi's when the premiums are sky high. Find good value in those over pure bullion as the paper price has been going up far less after I buy than the premiums on the semi's.

I'm starting to see premiums come down (in the $4 - $5 range) in the email offers I'm receiving from the online dealers. Still not back to lows of a year or so ago, but trending down.
    American Legion Preamble: https://www.legion.org/preamble

Quote Originally Posted by LongDonSilver View Post
    I'm starting to see premiums come down (in the $4 - $5 range) in the email offers I'm receiving from the online dealers. Still not back to lows of a year or so ago, but trending down.
    That's an interesting sign...

LCS here: 1 oz bars +$6; 10oz bars +$5; ASE +$10; Maples +$7. I stopped buying silver altogether for now and opt for gold instead and working on my coin collection buying some key dates for a change of pace.
    Gold. The only money that matters. The only money that lasts.

$24.50 is the paper price, not the physical price. I am still being offered spot +$5 for plane Jane silver.
    the last time we had a big paper dip like this was shortly after the Comex default last March. At that time, I feared a collapse of the ETF market, so I stayed away. This time, I dipped my toe in the pond. We will see what happens. My move was modest, so I was betting with my head, not over it.

I no longer look at silver as a bet. It's an anchor for my PM lifeboat. If you want a bet try playing Tesla or bitcoin.

Quote Originally Posted by ifionlyhadsomegold View Post
    I no longer look at silver as a bet. It's an anchor for my PM lifeboat. If you want a bet try playing Tesla or bitcoin.
    I view physical silver the same way that you do. I feel a little differently about paper silver. I do not plan to hold paper long term.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12