Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: There is no physical silver shortage - hundreds of milions of ounces mined yearly!! ~267

Quote Originally Posted by SecretArgentMan View Post
    There's no shortage... it's just not everyone who wants some can get some.

If we're seeing this much trouble in the silver market over a very small segment of the population demanding silver, just wait 'til monetary demand goes mainstream as the FED destroys the dollar.

You ain't seen nuthin' yet.
    At this time, I can get as much silver as I want. It's just a matter of price.

if (when) the Fed destroys the USD, silver may or may not take it's place. That future is uncertain.

If the public at large suddenly want's to buy silver, then I would expect a very large & sudden increase in price.

As the precious metals go, I see silver as having less risk of downside because if it's industrial value. That forms a very solid worst case scenario bottom support point that is probably roughly half of current spot. Platinum group metals will be loosing that kind of support as electric cars take market share & catalytic converters become less common. Even mighty Gold does not have that same safety net. If central banks turn from net buyers to net sellers, gold could fall far.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverPalm View Post
    At this time, I can get as much silver as I want. It's just a matter of price.

if (when) the Fed destroys the USD, silver may or may not take it's place. That future is uncertain.

If the public at large suddenly want's to buy silver, then I would expect a very large & sudden increase in price.

As the precious metals go, I see silver as having less risk of downside because if it's industrial value. That forms a very solid worst case scenario bottom support point that is probably roughly half of current spot. Platinum group metals will be loosing that kind of support as electric cars take market share & catalytic converters become less common. Even mighty Gold does not have that same safety net. If central banks turn from net buyers to net sellers, gold could fall far.

Exactly. It's not a matter of a shortage of silver as it is a matter of a shortage of sellers.

I would buy a couple of monster boxes of AGE's if I could get them at a price I'm willing to pay. I can't, therefore there's no silver, I guess per some people. However, if I'm willing to pay what the market is demanding then there's plenty of monster boxes of AGE's that are out there. I could pick up a few 100 oz bars or maybe a 1,000 oz bar if I was willing to pay the going rate. I'm not. Ditto with Gold.

The question that hasn't been addresses is why must we pay a higher price today than say last May? Last May and June silver was dirt cheap and I was buying mostly when I could get it at extremely low premiums. If I really wanted to pony up I could have had 10 monster boxes in a matter of a few days. I didn't do so. Today the Reddit crowd and maybe 1/4% of the population are competing with me for what's available. The mines are producing the same amount of silver (if not more), the mints are minting the same amount of silver (if not more), but I'm no longer in control of the pricing. I'm also not in control of delivery times. But if I'm willing to wait I can have as much silver as I want as long as I'm willing to pay the going rate. This is the same as release day for a new Apple iPhone. Am I willing to stand in line for 2 days and pay top dollar for a device that in 3 months will be on sale for a discount? The world doesn't owe any of us instant gratification!

The next question we need to address will the situation improve if I wait or will it get even harder to hoard PM? Truth be told, GOK's.

The final thought I have has PM gone up in value (on average) over the past 50 years? With many ups and downs, It has. I'll leave it up to you if we are in a dip or a peak. I have my answer. You'll need to come up with your own.
    Do your own due diligence

I stand united with my friends & family in Canada who seek freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by LongDonSilver View Post

The final thought I have has PM gone up in value (on average) over the past 50 years? With many ups and downs, It has. I'll leave it up to you if we are in a dip or a peak. I have my answer. You'll need to come up with your own.
    Just remember: up in fiat digits worth does not mean up in market trading value. This is key to understanding the holding of gold and silver: not so much to increase the value of your wealth, but rather to maintain such value no matter what happens with fiat inflation.
    “Of all the contrivances for cheating the laboring class of mankind, none has been more effective than that which deludes them with paper money.”Daniel Webster (1782-1852)

Quote Originally Posted by slapster267 View Post
    My dealer has plenty just doesn't want to sell at current prices. There is no shortage, they mine hundreds of millions of ounces yearly. ~267
    No shortage at all. Just wait for 10 to 15 years and you will have your orders delivered.

Quote Originally Posted by motocat View Post
    Just remember: up in fiat digits worth does not mean up in market trading value. This is key to understanding the holding of gold and silver: not so much to increase the value of your wealth, but rather to maintain such value no matter what happens with fiat inflation.
    Yes, often quote silver value vs. gasoline or food from the Golden Arches as the long term fiat value of silver. In the 1960's regular gas in Western NY was selling in the range of $0.15 to $0.19 and therefore a silver quarter could easily buy a gallon. Today that same quarter is worth $3.00 - $4.00 and reg. gas at the most expensive local Dutchess County, NY retailer is $2.90/gal. Chez Mac was selling a burger, french fry and a soft drink (back then there was only one size for all 3) for $0.47. Add cheese for $0.02 and if you wanted super sized burgers, fries or drinks - you bought multiples.

It isn't hard to understand that silver hasn't changed in value it is the dollar that is worth less. (Hence the term worthless!!)
    Do your own due diligence

I stand united with my friends & family in Canada who seek freedom.

Thanks for giving me my very own thread. Things move around faster in here than ole crusty trying to convert his unallocated pool silver to physical that's really really there. wink. ~267

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123