Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: There is no physical silver shortage - hundreds of milions of ounces mined yearly!! ~267

Default There is no physical silver shortage - hundreds of milions of ounces mined yearly!! ~267

My dealer has plenty just doesn't want to sell at current prices. There is no shortage, they mine hundreds of millions of ounces yearly. ~267

Quote Originally Posted by slapster267 View Post
    My dealer has plenty just doesn't want to sell at current prices. There is no shortage, they mine hundreds of millions of ounces yearly. ~267
    there are billions of trees, but not enough sawngoods, so prices for 2 x 4 rs rose.

golditiki2+++

Ahh, half of the equation, then a finite conclusion. Thats called a logical falacy, and its proposed by someone that cannot refute the actual evidence at hand.

The Hasty Generalization Fallacy:

This fallacy occurs when someone draws expansive conclusions based on inadequate or insufficient evidence. In other words, they jump to conclusions about the validity of a proposition with some -- but not enough -- evidence to back it up, and overlook potential counterarguments.

The Anecdotal Evidence Fallacy

In place of logical evidence, this fallacy substitutes examples from someone's personal experience. Arguments that rely heavily on anecdotal evidence tend to overlook the fact that one (possibly isolated) example can't stand alone as definitive proof of a greater premise.

Two logical fallacys in one run on sentence...Are we back in 3rd grade again????? OP, try it again with using all the arguments at hand.
    Last edited by Hombre Plata; 03-21-2021 at 08:37 AM.
    Anyone that identifies themselves by the color of their skin, is a racist.
    There is only ONE race of people on this planet, the human race.

Do not be deceived, Darwin’s theory of Evolution is racist. When Darwin is properly understood, it leads to the justification for believing that certain races of people are by birth and nature superior to others and that is the definition of racism.

Most dealers are sitting on huge hoards of silver and since they have unlimited wealth plus no rent to pay or employees wanting a pay check they'll shutdown for a few months. Perhaps after they return from a long spring break in the islands and a world cruise they'll see the need to open their doors for a day or two and sell a limited amount of silver. But not too much since they'll have to take the cash to the bank and that might tax their backs if they have to carry too much at one time.
    American Legion Preamble: https://www.legion.org/preamble

The Anecdotal Evidence Fallacy
    Technically it's anecdotal, but it's a fact that you can get any amount of silver you want retail. Apmex has a price up for monster boxes of Eagles, as stated they don't want to sell for spot price or the pre-panic premium.

The Hasty Generalization Fallacy:
    Is this academic standard applied to the passive aggressive race lecture in your signature?

Two logical fallacys in one run on sentence...Are we back in 3rd grade again?????
    Not very friendly, brother.

Answer the question as to why they are not selling? Because there is a shortage and higher prices are on the way.

The big dealers all have plenty out on bay. I just checked, 100 oz. lots of eagles are the same price as a 100 oz. bar, 36.

Quote Originally Posted by everything1 View Post
    The big dealers all have plenty out on bay. I just checked, 100 oz. lots of eagles are the same price as a 100 oz. bar, 36.
    Can you post a link? I have never seen Eagles going for the same per oz premium as the best deals you can find on 100 oz, and in this day and age, it's even more so. Maybe you are comparing to an overpriced 100 oz bar, pretty sure I can find a 100 oz bar for considerably cheaper than that 100 oz lot of eagles you found. Right here on Kitco, you can find the 100 oz bars for $3,027, while they are sold out of ASE. (Went to may comparison website, and find silver 100 bars for $3,017, while the best I can find for Eagles is $300 more. That's about 10% more in premium, quite a difference to me).
    Last edited by motocat; 03-22-2021 at 12:33 AM.
    “Of all the contrivances for cheating the laboring class of mankind, none has been more effective than that which deludes them with paper money.”Daniel Webster (1782-1852)

Quote Originally Posted by LongDonSilver View Post
    Most dealers are sitting on huge hoards of silver and since they have unlimited wealth plus no rent to pay or employees wanting a pay check they'll shutdown for a few months. Perhaps after they return from a long spring break in the islands and a world cruise they'll see the need to open their doors for a day or two and sell a limited amount of silver. But not too much since they'll have to take the cash to the bank and that might tax their backs if they have to carry too much at one time.
    Well, if so these dealers are certainly loosing out a lot given the high premiums that now exist. Given you can still get silver casting gain for near spot, the great disconnect has not happened yet, so any dealer just sitting on their bullion is loosing out. Those mints that are still minting must be making some nice profits, Valcambi is one of them. There is a shortage of bullion, thus the high premiums. As for as shortage in the total market -- isn't it more just about at what price, you pay enough, you will find whatever you need?
    Last edited by motocat; 03-22-2021 at 12:39 AM.
    “Of all the contrivances for cheating the laboring class of mankind, none has been more effective than that which deludes them with paper money.”Daniel Webster (1782-1852)

Quote Originally Posted by everything1 View Post
    it is certainly the right moment to shove fake silver into the mouth of those who dream about cheap prices. the falsemetalindustry is booming, buy their stocks.

Golditiki2+++

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast